2 teams, moves to compete!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Weber27
Starter
Starter

2 teams, moves to compete!

Postby Weber27 » Sat May 08, 2021 12:50 am

Team 1 in Sig:
Guy has Julio and really wants juju. I don’t want to sacrifice the youth and potential value spike if/when juju gets a new contract with a shiny new team next year. Is Julio worth adding on this team? What is a fair offer for Julio? (The team with Julio has no significant picks until 24’)

Team 2 in Sig: SF
Looking to upgrade QB or at least get one more viable starter. I don’t have my 1st this year which would have been pick 8 and the QBs will gone. There is a team willing to trade Tua, Carr or Tannehill. Who would you target? What is a fair compensation? I offered 2.04, 2.10 and Cam for Tua and he said he likes it because he has no 2nds and feels like Cam can give him a year, he also has 1.01 and knows he has TLaw. But he wants to wait and see what offers come in. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys, always grateful for the advice!
New Mexico Maulers 2019 Champion
12-Team, SF, PPR, TEP, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB: Mahomes, Dak, D. Jones, R. Wilson, Stidham
RB: JT, CMC, Breece, R. White, Izz A, L. Murray, McKinnon, LF, Ahmed, Moss
WR: AJB, Sutton, Jeudy, Addison, London, Godwin, Hardman,
TE: Andrews, Friermuth, Ferguson, , Tremble

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

Rocky Mountain Ramblers 2022 Champion
12 Team, SF, PPR, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft | Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, SF
QB: Lamar, TLaw, Dak, Darnold, M. White
RB: CMC, JT, Breece, LF, L. Murray, Ahmed, Mcglauglin, Moss, Mitchell
WR: AJB, Lamb, G. Wilson, DJM, Hopkins, Jeudy, Burks, Kirk,
TE: Pitts, Freiermuth, Dulcich, Jonnu, Johnson
]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2 teams, moves to compete!

Postby Gator Sens » Sat May 08, 2021 7:29 am

1. I'm not high on JuJu at all anymore, but Jones carries very little value on the market so I would hold unless Jones is your missing title run piece, which is also a gamble. Hold

2. For the price, I would definitely make the deal for Tua and hope he sticks long term. Newton does not look like a long term starter anymore.

Weber27
Starter
Starter

Postby Weber27 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:25 am

Gator Sens wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:29 am 1. I'm not high on JuJu at all anymore, but Jones carries very little value on the market so I would hold unless Jones is your missing title run piece, which is also a gamble. Hold

2. For the price, I would definitely make the deal for Tua and hope he sticks long term. Newton does not look like a long term starter anymore.
Thanks Gator! That’s how I’m leaning on both, as well.
12-Team, SF, PPR, TEP, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

12 Team, SF, PPR, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft | Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, SF
]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:29 am

I'd also pass on Jones, despite the possibility of him having a big season. The age/value/production apex has passed and I usually shy away from depreciating assets if I can. Tua has great coaching and a great team forming around him so be ok with that deal, but one thing to think about is that with Tua's lack of rushing production... you could basically trade up from that 2.4 spot to 1.12/2.1 and take Mac Jones and possibly save yourself a bit of draft stock. Probably not worth it but just brainstorming ideas. Fwiw I'd rather have Tua but I think Mac will have a long career as a qb2 as well.

Weber27
Starter
Starter

Postby Weber27 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:33 pm

Bennyblanco22 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:29 am I'd also pass on Jones, despite the possibility of him having a big season. The age/value/production apex has passed and I usually shy away from depreciating assets if I can. Tua has great coaching and a great team forming around him so be ok with that deal, but one thing to think about is that with Tua's lack of rushing production... you could basically trade up from that 2.4 spot to 1.12/2.1 and take Mac Jones and possibly save yourself a bit of draft stock. Probably not worth it but just brainstorming ideas. Fwiw I'd rather have Tua but I think Mac will have a long career as a qb2 as well.
Love that idea. I am going to see how far Jones falls and if it gets to the 1.09 1.10 range I’m going to try and make a move. Thanks!

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5