Evans for Sutton+1.10? Nonppr

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Evans for Sutton+1.10? Nonppr

Postby Ray Finkle » Fri May 07, 2021 8:43 pm

Got a guy who wants Evans. We both are stacked at WR so it’s luxury for both of us. Seems like a no brainer to me I should take Sutton and the pick but any opinions would be great.

Fwiw, he also has Kupp or Deebo I’m sure he’d be willing to move instead of Sutton. Anybody like either of them more?

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Evans for Sutton+1.10? Nonppr

Postby Gator Sens » Fri May 07, 2021 8:54 pm

I'm not crazy about the backend of the 1st in this draft and think Evans is the best asset, but I can see the value here. Evans is the most sure thing however but rarely valued well on the market.

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Fri May 07, 2021 9:01 pm

I'd definitely do this deal. KTC has Sutton pretty much on par with Evans; so 1.10 is basically free.

SteelersX6
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SteelersX6 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:08 pm

Definitely prefer the Sutton side. He is 2 years younger and will likely produce a stat line not too far off from Evans. I personally would be tempted to do this without the 1.10, but the QB situation plays a big role for both. Brady will likely be retiring at the same time as the Broncos QB situation is ascending. If something crazy happens and the Broncos trade for Rodgers, The "Rodger's Rate" will kick in and Sutton's value and potential production will skyrocket. Not a likely scenario at this point but certainly possible. We haven't really seen what Sutton can do with a superior QB throwing him the ball.

While I see slightly more short term value in Evans, the inclusion of the 1.10 makes this an easy decision for me. If the young prospect you add into the mix with that pick turns out to be even an every week flex option, this may be a steal for you. We kind of already know Evan's ceiling but I don't believe we've seen the best from Sutton yet. The only way I even consider the Evan's side of this deal is if you are on the cusp of winning a championship and feel Evans can provide more in the next year or two. He's gonna be 28 this season and his best years may be behind him, but I think he gives you 1 or 2 more years of high end production.
AFFA TEAM
12 Team/1 Point PPR
QB: Wilson, Ryan, Lock
RB: Barkley/Taylor/Cohen/Hines/Pollard
WR: Adams/Diggs/Ridley/Sutton/G. Davis/Slayton/Duvernay/Van Jefferson
TE: Waller/I. Smith/Trautman/Bryant
Picks: 2.01, (2) 2022 1sts and (1) 2022 2nd

12 Team/1 Point PPR/Superflex (Built via 2 Team Dispersal this year)
QB: Stafford, Jones, Garoppalo, Taylor, Rudolph
RB: Swift, D. Harris, J. Wilson, White, Michel
WR: Hill, Metcalf, Smith-Schuster Mooney, Slayton, Campbell, Perriman, Boykin
TE: Gesicki, Ebron, Jarwin, Arnold

Picks: 1.05, 3.02, 4.09, 2022 1st and 2nd