Lamb or Sutton/Aiyuk?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
yellowdart2448
Starter
Starter

Lamb or Sutton/Aiyuk?

Postby yellowdart2448 » Fri May 07, 2021 6:01 pm

12tm SF

I was offered Lamb for Sutton and Aiyuk.

Start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1SF
My current roster is...

QBs: Lamar, Hurts, Wentz, Tua, Darnold, Mills
RBs: Mixon, Gibson, Davis, Mattison, Dillon, Carter
WRs: AJ Brown, Sutton, Aiyuk, Gallup, Shenault, Mims, Collins, Smith-Marsette
TEs: Pitts, Hockenson, Thomas, Smith, Kmet

Worth it? I'm trying to win now. I would also move Gallup if I did this. Thanks!

Iamwebb223
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Lamb or Sutton/Aiyuk?

Postby Iamwebb223 » Fri May 07, 2021 6:05 pm

yellowdart2448 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:01 pm 12tm SF

I was offered Lamb for Sutton and Aiyuk.

Start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1SF
My current roster is...

QBs: Lamar, Hurts, Wentz, Tua, Darnold, Mills
RBs: Mixon, Gibson, Davis, Mattison, Dillon, Carter
WRs: AJ Brown, Sutton, Aiyuk, Gallup, Shenault, Mims, Collins, Smith-Marsette
TEs: Pitts, Hockenson, Thomas, Smith, Kmet

Worth it? I'm trying to win now. I would also move Gallup if I did this. Thanks!
I would take Lamb easy. I feel like this is cheap for him.
Team 1 - 12 Team 20 man ros. TD Heavy - Big Play Bonuses, 3 pts. Every 25 yds. Rush/Rec.
QB - J. Hurts
RB - J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, R. Stevenson, D. Harris
WR - J. Jefferson, DK, G. Wilson, C. Olave
TE - M. Andrews, McBride

2021 League Champ

Team 2 - 10 Team 22 man rosters/PPR BIG PLAY TD BONUSES, 1 pt. 10 yds. Rush/Rec. 2 flex
QB - J. Herbert
RB - Saquon, JK Dobbins, 1.01(Bijan), C. Patterson
WR - AJBrown, J. Waddle, G. Wilson, C. Kirk
TE - Goedert

5 Time League Champ

Team 3 - 12 Team 22 man rosters PPR/BIG PLAY BONUS TD’s, RB & TE Premium
QB - J. Herbert
RB - J. Taylor, E. Elliott, D. Henry
WR - C. Kupp, J. Jefferson, Deebo, Amon Ra
TE - T. Kelce, I. Smith Jr.
2023 2 1sts

2021 League Champ

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri May 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Pricey, but I think Lamb could skyrocket this year.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri May 07, 2021 6:51 pm

Aiyuk==Lamb

Sutton is just the extra bit on top

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 07, 2021 6:54 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:51 pm Aiyuk==Lamb

I disagree. I think Lamb holds more value. Whether Sutton closes that gap is up for debate, but I'm taking the most valuable piece. To me, that's easily Lamb

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri May 07, 2021 6:55 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:54 pm

I disagree. I think Lamb holds more value. Whether Sutton closes that gap is up for debate, but I'm taking the most valuable piece. To me, that's easily Lamb
I own Lamb in one league. Aiyuk in none

I don't see how Aiyuk's rookie season was any less impressive than Lamb's--especially considering how the latter played so much from the slot a la Juju and how Aiyuk's QBs were way worse than Andy Dalton

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:02 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:55 pm

I don't see how Aiyuk's rookie season was any less impressive than Lamb's--especially considering how the latter played so much from the slot a la Juju and how Aiyuk's QBs were way worse than Andy Dalton
I don't think comparing DAL/Lambs sh1tshow to SF/Aiyuks sh1tshow is very useful. Dalton v SF QB not named Jimmy G is pretty useless in context to next season when Dak will be back and is clearly the best QB in the convo (throw in DEN mess too lol). Add in Deebo and Kittle missing time and that led to Aiyuk being targeted more.

Now, Aiyuk was impressive! I'm guessing he outpaced Lamb on per game basis?? but Lamb still had more counting stats. 1k yards from scrimmage as a rookie is nothing to scoff at... I'm not saying Aiyuk is a bum, but give me the guy in the better offense, better QB and will likely get more targets as DAL will be throwing more.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri May 07, 2021 7:17 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:02 pm

I don't think comparing DAL/Lambs sh1tshow to SF/Aiyuks sh1tshow is very useful. Dalton v SF QB not named Jimmy G is pretty useless in context to next season when Dak will be back and is clearly the best QB in the convo (throw in DEN mess too lol). Add in Deebo and Kittle missing time and that led to Aiyuk being targeted more.

Now, Aiyuk was impressive! I'm guessing he outpaced Lamb on per game basis?? but Lamb still had more counting stats. 1k yards from scrimmage as a rookie is nothing to scoff at... I'm not saying Aiyuk is a bum, but give me the guy in the better offense, better QB and will likely get more targets as DAL will be throwing more.
When Kyle Shanahan is the coach of one of the two teams I don't think it can be said clearly who the better offense will be. And as you said on a per game level the gap is non existent if not reversed

Aiyuk did it while winning on the outside with admittedly worse efficiency and though this is hardly the be all-end all a higher PFF grade by almost 10 points

In fact going back through the years I can't even find a WR who earned a PFF grade over 80 and busted

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:17 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:02 pm

When Kyle Shanahan is the coach of one of the two teams I don't think it can be said clearly who the better offense will be. And as you said on a per game level the gap is non existent if not reversed

Aiyuk did it while winning on the outside with admittedly worse efficiency and though this is hardly the be all-end all a higher PFF grade by almost 10 points

In fact going back through the years I can't even find a WR who earned a PFF grade over 80 and busted
It's interesting you bring up the PFF grade. DD was looking at the hit rates for rookie WR and their YPG. I believe Aiyuk and Lamb ended in the same tier. Then someone added in PFF grades to the conversation and it seemed like 80 was the sweet spot

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri May 07, 2021 7:54 pm

Same for me, this is a big overpay imo

viewtopic.php?p=1966369#p1966369

WR's as Rookies

80+ PFF Grade
Dwayne Bowe
Percy Harvin
Demaryius Thomas
Antonio Brown
Doug Baldwin
Keenan Allen
Odell Beckham Jr.
Mike Evans
JJ Nelson (28 targets) :thumbdown:
Michael Thomas
Chris Godwin
Terry McLaurin
AJ Brown
Justin Jefferson
Brandon Aiyuk

57-66 Rookie Reception Yards per Game
50% Stud
57-69% Good or better
Brandon Aiyuk [62]
CeeDee Lamb [58]

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Fri May 07, 2021 8:59 pm

Lamb is quite a bit more valuable than Ayiuk at the moment. But if don't see the latter as a major downgrade, there's no justification for sending Sutton as well in this deal.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:15 am

With your 2 WR/1Flx league settings I could see wanting Lamb to secure that WR2 spot with AJ Brown at the WR1 for years to come.

If you can flip Gallup+ for Chark, or Boyd, or somebody a lil better, I'd like the Lamb deal for you more. Maybe even move a QB for a WR 1:1 for depth after you make this trade - 6 is kinda overkill even in SF.

All that being said ... I think Sutton is being undervalued after missing a season. He is a really good piece to roster. Aiyuk could also turn into an alpha WR. Both have upside and are young. Cons being Jerry Jeudy and George Kittle. But Amari Cooper isn't going anywhere either...

It's a tough call. I think in a 12 team only start 2 WR CeeDee Lamb is the better deal. He is a "blue chip" fantasy player; meaning his value is truly insulated against injury, a mediocre season, etc.

Sutton and Aiyuk are great, but I can easily picture them losing value after this season if things don't go right.

Losing the WR depth would give me some anxiety about the trade though.