Cam Newton

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

What happens to CAM Newton (Post Patriots)

Poll ended at Sun May 09, 2021 8:02 am

Cam finds another starting QB job
25%
Cam becomes a backup QB
63%
Cam retires
13%

Total votes: 8

gman6199
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Cam Newton

Postby gman6199 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:02 am

Cam is currently the QB of the Patriots but for how long? Obviously the Pats drafted Mac Jones as their "long term" answer. The question is what happens to Cam post Patriots? Will he find another starting QB job or does he hang around as a quality back backup? He is hanging out on our WW and we are moving to a SF format next year. Cam is only 31 years and is still a decent QB!!!

QB: Fields, Hurt, Mayfield
RB: Dobbins, Akers, Gibson, Drake, Davis, Edwards, McKissic, Hawkins (ATL), Stevens (NE), Mitchell (SF)
WR: Golliday, Robinson, K. Allen, Jeudy, R. Anderson, C. Davis, Aiyuk, Pittman, D. Smith (Philly) Mitchell (NYJ)
TE: L. Thomas, OJ Howard

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Cam Newton

Postby Adam_172 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:11 am

I can't see him becoming anything more than an elite backup after this season unless he joined a team like BAL or SF where they rely heavily on the running game and not too much is expected of him as a passer.

Obviously he won't oust LJax or Lance (probably) but if he is happy to go in as a backup to one of those sort of teams he would provide great cover if something to happen to one of them.

I would definitely pick him up if you're moving to SF and he may well be worth a decent rookie pick later in the season if he plays well.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Cam Newton

Postby Gator Sens » Fri May 07, 2021 8:46 am

I think he is worth the stash with moving to SF on the gamble. I don't think he is a guaranteed starter post 2021, but you never know. I expect him to have a better season this year and might as well stash him now.