Time to say bye to Adams?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
nicktahoes
Role Player
Role Player

Time to say bye to Adams?

Postby nicktahoes » Thu May 06, 2021 10:05 am

This is for my team one in signature. I won the championship in 2018 and 2020. As you can see it's still a strong team but there are definitely ways this season can go wrong for me. I am wondering if I should just trade Adams at this point and try and retool my team to get a few younger pieces. Or should I just ride it out untill he is useless? I'm leaning toward trading him but was wondering your guys/girls thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Team 1:
PPR--QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, Superflex, Flex x2
QBs: Lawrence, Stafford, Geno, Hooker, Rush
RBs: Ekeler, Kamara, Achane, Elijah Mitchell, Dillon, Kelley, Moss, Jamaal Williams
WRs: Adams, Hopkins, Waddle, Kirk, JSN, Boyd, OBJ, Hyatt
TEs: Kelce, Hockenson, Taysom, Irv Smith

and then a few minor players and rookie stashed on taxi

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Time to say bye to Adams?

Postby Gator Sens » Thu May 06, 2021 10:13 am

It's all about the return. This may be a tough time to sell with some worried about Rodgers, but I don't see the harm in shopping him and seeing what is out there. I would only move for a very solid and helpful package. No need to move him just to move him.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu May 06, 2021 10:16 am

I agree iwth Gator that the return likely won't be what you want until the Rodgers saga is resolved. I for one have multiple under value offers out there trying to get him from a nervous owner
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

yellowdart2448
Starter
Starter

Postby yellowdart2448 » Thu May 06, 2021 10:18 am

Agree with both above. I'm fine with trying to trade Adams but his value already took a hit so the ship has sailed to get maximum value from him which is what I'd need to part with the No. 1 WR if Rodgers stays in GB. Honestly, you should have tried to trade him after the season was over as Rodgers wanting out was not a complete surprise.

nicktahoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby nicktahoes » Thu May 06, 2021 10:23 am

yellowdart2448 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:18 am Agree with both above. I'm fine with trying to trade Adams but his value already took a hit so the ship has sailed to get maximum value from him which is what I'd need to part with the No. 1 WR if Rodgers stays in GB. Honestly, you should have tried to trade him after the season was over as Rodgers wanting out was not a complete surprise.
Unfortunately at that time Watson wasn't a pervert and Robinson didn't have Etienne to compete with and Chase wasn't in Cincy to take away from Boyd etc. It just became a perfect storm of things that could negatively hurt me all at once. I just traded for Stafford to have some insurance in case Watson if gone. I'm figuring time to retool a bit.
Team 1:
RBs: Ekeler, Kamara, Achane, Elijah Mitchell, Dillon, Kelley, Moss, Jamaal Williams

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu May 06, 2021 10:27 am

nicktahoes wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:23 am I'm figuring time to retool a bit.
I would shop Hopkins if that is your goal
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

nicktahoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby nicktahoes » Thu May 06, 2021 10:53 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:27 am
nicktahoes wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:23 am I'm figuring time to retool a bit.
I would shop Hopkins if that is your goal
I suppose I should say retool by making tweaks. Still also want to try and win this year.
Team 1:

ProfPoobah
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ProfPoobah » Thu May 06, 2021 11:08 am

If you're still wanting to win this year, I think listening to offers for Watson might be a viable path, since you have Wilson and Stafford for this year. However, as regards Adams, I think I'd only move him for more than you're likely to get in a trade offer, if your primary goal is to win this year (RB bolstering, top 3 pick in the draft, WR depth, all of the above?)
Team 1 - 10-Team SF Full PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/SF/3FLEX
QB - Jackson/Fields/Prescott/Garoppolo/Brissett/Lance
RB - Bijan/Breece/Stevenson/Foreman/Kelley/Hull/DJackson
WR - Chase/AJBrown/Wilson/Nucua/DJohnson/EMoore/Chark/DRobinson
TE - LaPorta/McBride/Fant
TAXI - Levis/Shaheed/Perry/Scott/Iosivas/CJones/Dulcich/Kraft/Likely/DAllen
2024 - 1.08, 2.02, 4.01
2025 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4
2026 - 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 2 - 12-Team SF Full PPR - TE .5 Prem - QB/RB/2WR/SF/4FLEX
QB - Jackson/Goff/Murray/Ridder/Brissett
RB - KWilliams/Swift/AJones/Dowdle
WR - Chase/Waddle/Metcalf/Higgins/Mims/Jennings
TE - JJohnson/Mallory/Woods
TAXI - Hooker/RJohnson/Spears/Chandler/Iosivas
IR - Smith-Schuster
2024 - 1.05, 1.08, 2.02, 3.06, 3.07, 4.05
2025 - 1,2,2,2,3
2026 - 2,3,4

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 am

Your team is obviously top notch but your at that stage where do you go for it or sell high on a aging, but still highly productive, or ride it out. Between Adams, Kelce, OBJ and DHop you can definitely make another run, Watson's issue hurts but you have Stafford. It's always a hard question with those skilled of players that are still productive, when to sell, when to ride it out. Not knowing your league and how close the top few teams are, objectively can your team win it all again? If you need several things going right then I may look to re tool and do a quick rebuild to continue your "dynasty".
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

nicktahoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby nicktahoes » Thu May 06, 2021 1:13 pm

dblj1199 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 am Your team is obviously top notch but your at that stage where do you go for it or sell high on a aging, but still highly productive, or ride it out. Between Adams, Kelce, OBJ and DHop you can definitely make another run, Watson's issue hurts but you have Stafford. It's always a hard question with those skilled of players that are still productive, when to sell, when to ride it out. Not knowing your league and how close the top few teams are, objectively can your team win it all again? If you need several things going right then I may look to re tool and do a quick rebuild to continue your "dynasty".
Everything that I have thought about. Last season I won the championship by averaging about 20 points more per game than the next person and only losing one game. But that person was also without Thomas, Kittle and a couple others throughout the year. So with a healthy team he will be a force. Plus at least two other teams will be better than last year. I'm going to try big and offer Adams for Jefferson then go from there.
Team 1:

nicktahoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby nicktahoes » Thu May 06, 2021 1:15 pm

ProfPoobah wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:08 am If you're still wanting to win this year, I think listening to offers for Watson might be a viable path, since you have Wilson and Stafford for this year. However, as regards Adams, I think I'd only move him for more than you're likely to get in a trade offer, if your primary goal is to win this year (RB bolstering, top 3 pick in the draft, WR depth, all of the above?)
I definitely tried trading Watson. Only offer I got was Fitzpatrick straight up. I put together a real nice deal for Dak which the guy said he would take then backed out when I actually sent the offer. So close.
Team 1:

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Thu May 06, 2021 4:32 pm

There's something to be said for just sitting tight and letting things play themselves out. There are 5 months left until the season. I want no part of Watson, but if I had him on my team I won't be pushing him into deals now.