Adams Trade Offer

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
SteelersX6
Rookie
Rookie

Adams Trade Offer

Postby SteelersX6 » Thu May 06, 2021 4:53 am

Just wondering what the feeling is on Adams with the potential of Aaron Rodgers leaving the Packers. I have an offer for Adams in Team 1 below.

Give: Adams and Pollard
Get: Gibson and Chark

I'm thinking it might be a bit light but it is really tempting. I'm pretty deep at WR and could use another high end RB to solidify that position. And I like Chark, who is 5 years younger than Adams and will have a stable QB situation. I believe with Lawrence, Chark can finally build off the early potential he flashed a few years ago and climb into WR2 territory. Without Rodgers, I see Adams as more of a mid-low tier WR1, particularly if Love replaces Rodgers.

There's obviously the risk that Rodgers returns (though that is looking less likely everyday) and Adams is once again a top 3 WR, but even in that event, Adams will be 29 and, in my estimation, only has 2-3 more years of that high level of production remaining. I am in win now mode but this trade gives me two young high end players who I would also start on a weekly basis this season (we can start 3 RB and 4 WR).

Would you bail now on Adams before his trade value potentially takes a permanent hit or hold and hope Rodgers and the Packers can somehow make amends? I believe Adams' value as a top 3 WR is tied directly to his chemistry with Rodgers but would still consider him a WR1 (in the 5-7 range) without him.
AFFA TEAM
12 Team/1 Point PPR
QB: Wilson, Ryan, Lock
RB: Barkley/Taylor/Cohen/Hines/Pollard
WR: Adams/Diggs/Ridley/Sutton/G. Davis/Slayton/Duvernay/Van Jefferson
TE: Waller/I. Smith/Trautman/Bryant
Picks: 2.01, (2) 2022 1sts and (1) 2022 2nd

12 Team/1 Point PPR/Superflex (Built via 2 Team Dispersal this year)
QB: Stafford, Jones, Garoppalo, Taylor, Rudolph
RB: Swift, D. Harris, J. Wilson, White, Michel
WR: Hill, Metcalf, Smith-Schuster Mooney, Slayton, Campbell, Perriman, Boykin
TE: Gesicki, Ebron, Jarwin, Arnold

Picks: 1.05, 3.02, 4.09, 2022 1st and 2nd

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Adams Trade Offer

Postby dblj1199 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:18 am

What happens to the entire GB offense this coming year with no ARod under center? He made everyone better around him and what can Love do to keep the offense rolling, and keep us fantasy owners happy? One thing that has me worried about Love is two talk show hosts said that Love didn't know what a hard count was when interviewing him pre draft last season, thats scary to me. If / when ARod is traded / retired, etc, I'm expecting all the skill players numbers to take a hit. I think I'm trading them now and trying to get as much value as possible. I don't think that the offer is horrible, see if you can get a 2nd added to it, maybe you add a 3rd or 4th.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu May 06, 2021 6:18 am

I could see wanting out of Adams based on age and what happens to almost every players market value when they hit 30. Hard to say what happens with Rodgers at this point or if a QB comes back in a trade if he is dealt. Either way, I think the current offer on the table is a hold. I would personally be looking for a young RB like Gibson but a different/more valuable young wr like Lamb or similar. Otherwise I would rather hold arguably the best wr in fantasy.

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jwb32 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:33 am

Gibson+ isn't really selling all that low. That's basically the 1.03+Chark. I'd ask for a 2022 1st in place of Chark. Chark is fine but he's not a difference maker.
Adams value was going to start to drop even without the Rodgers news. Just compare Hopkin's price this time last year vs now. Same for Michael Thomas. They went from multiple early 1sts to a single early 1st at most. You might be selling a year early, but that's not always a bad thing.
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)

SteelersX6
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SteelersX6 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:55 am

jwb32 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:33 am Gibson+ isn't really selling all that low. That's basically the 1.03+Chark. I'd ask for a 2022 1st in place of Chark. Chark is fine but he's not a difference maker.
Adams value was going to start to drop even without the Rodgers news. Just compare Hopkin's price this time last year vs now. Same for Michael Thomas. They went from multiple early 1sts to a single early 1st at most. You might be selling a year early, but that's not always a bad thing.
The team who made the offer doesn't have any 1st or 2nd round picks this year or in 2022. I tried to counter with Diontae Johnson in place of Chark but it was rejected. Not sure he offers much more than what is currently on the table. He also has Robinson and Boyd but no way he replaces Chark for A-Rob and, with the crowded WR situation in Cincy, I like Chark better.
AFFA TEAM
12 Team/1 Point PPR

SteelersX6
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SteelersX6 » Thu May 06, 2021 7:15 am

I'm thinking about countering with the current offer plus a swap of Duvernay for Reynolds. Does this close the gap? It's close and a 2nd rounder added to my side would do it for me but he doesn't have the draft picks to make this happen.

I'm thinking Duvernay is stuck in WR purgatory, especially with the Ravens adding one of the top WR in the draft. The Titans didn't add a WR of significance in the draft so Reynolds would appear to be the default #2 WR. He showed some occasional promise with the Rams and should have the opportunity to provide some value as a potential WR3.
AFFA TEAM
12 Team/1 Point PPR