Possible 1.05 trade in a Keep 7 League

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Possible 1.05 trade in a Keep 7 League

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Wed May 05, 2021 3:14 pm

Ok so bear with me for this long question. I have the 1.01 and 1.05 in a "keep 7" league. *btw sorry for posting a keeper league question here, you guys are just always really helpful and this format is definitely closer to a dynasty league than redraft.

My roster is in my signature. I spent last year tearing it down & trading for picks so I can start my rebuild. The way I see it, I have 4 solid protectable players- Burrow, Mclaurin, DJM, Sutton and I literally have no RBs.

One of the better teams in my league has a lot more than 7 protectable players, so he's looking to package some of them up for draft picks before he loses them for nothing.

He offered the following package for my 1.01 -- any combo of 3 of the following: Aaron Rodgers, David Johnson (nope), Damien Harris, EITHER Golladay or Mike Evans (not both), TJ Hockenson. I'm thinking Rodgers, Evans, & Hock would be the best package.
That obviously still leaves me with no RB.

I really don't want to give up the 1.01 for the package.. that pick is basically my only shot of getting a high end RB (I know, I know Chase is the best prospect, but you guys don't know how hard it is to trade for a RB in my league)......

I'm thinking the top 5 rookie picks in this league will almost definitely be (in no particular order): Harris, Chase, ETN, Williams, Pitts. Right now I'm guaranteed to get 2 of those guys.. but I'm considering countering this offer with the 1.05 for the package.

What do you guys think? Is that package good enough or should I take the shot at landing a bonafide stud in the rookie draft?

Remember this is a 7 keeper so it's not as straightforward as 1.05 for the package. Every player I trade for means there's a player I can't protect (not like I have many, but still).

So it's more like:

Denzel Mims
TY Hilton
Zach Ertz

for

Aaron Rodgers
Mike Evans
TJ Hockenson

^^ obvious upgrades but are they worth giving up a top 5 pick?

Uncertainty around Rodgers has me a bit uneasy, Evans is on the wrong side of 27, and Hock is great and all but that Lions Offense has me worried.

++ I'll still need to address my RB needs which will mean I'll need to make another trade to move a protectable player.

This format is driving me crazy.. I need someone from the outside looking in to tell me what to do.

Tanks!
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Possible 1.05 trade in a Keep 7 League

Postby Gator Sens » Wed May 05, 2021 3:36 pm

The package is way better than what you will land at the 1.05. Not as exciting, but a much better collection of talent. With being a 1 QB league, can you sub out Rodgers for a RB? Sounds like the other owner is willing to overpay and has the assets/too many keepers to do it. With having Burrow, Rodgers is not really needed.

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Wed May 05, 2021 4:22 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:36 pm The package is way better than what you will land at the 1.05. Not as exciting, but a much better collection of talent. With being a 1 QB league, can you sub out Rodgers for a RB? Sounds like the other owner is willing to overpay and has the assets/too many keepers to do it. With having Burrow, Rodgers is not really needed.
The only RBs he will make available are Damien Harris and David Johnson.
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:22 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:36 pm The package is way better than what you will land at the 1.05. Not as exciting, but a much better collection of talent. With being a 1 QB league, can you sub out Rodgers for a RB? Sounds like the other owner is willing to overpay and has the assets/too many keepers to do it. With having Burrow, Rodgers is not really needed.
The only RBs he will make available are Damien Harris and David Johnson.
Harris is far more exciting, but he does not do a ton overall...

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Wed May 05, 2021 7:09 pm

Yeah I’m really torn. I know the package looks better on paper but I also think the key to this format is to take shots at collecting high end studs so that next year (or the following) I can be a contender.
That makes me believe the pick might be more valuable than the sum of the package because it can end up being Chase or Pitts.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed May 05, 2021 7:23 pm

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:09 pm Yeah I’m really torn. I know the package looks better on paper but I also think the key to this format is to take shots at collecting high end studs so that next year (or the following) I can be a contender.
That makes me believe the pick might be more valuable than the sum of the package because it can end up being Chase or Pitts.
It's a gamble for sure. Is Evans not on stud level for you? I know he is not the most exciting, but is pretty safe for a 1000 yards and 8 TDs.