Rookie 1.02 OTC - Fields, Lance or Wilson?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Riverad98
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Rookie 1.02 OTC - Fields, Lance or Wilson?

Postby Riverad98 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:15 pm

12 team Dynasty Superflex. On the clock in the rookie draft with the 1.02. Fields was my QB2 pre-draft and I’m leaning Fields now. Given the landing spots, which QB are you taking?

sconnie21
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Rookie 1.02 OTC - Fields, Lance or Wilson?

Postby sconnie21 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:22 pm

Wilson. Investment plus the from behind catchup points
12 team dynasty ppr (qb rb wr wr we/te te fx fx df) ...... 27 man rosters and switch to superflex in 25

Qb Anthony Richardson, Bryce Young, Trey Lance, Herndon Hooker, Malik Willis
Rb - Ken Walker, pollard, Stevenson, Aaron Jones, Dillon,
Wr - D Smith, Nacua, Dell, Jeudy, JSN, Addison, Butks Jameson Williams, Dotson , Copeland,
Te - pitts, Njoku, Kraft
D - packers,

2024 1.4 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4
2025 7 firsts and 7 seconds 1 fourth
2026 6 firsts and 6 seconds 1 fourth

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Eight7Seven » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 am

I had Wilson rated in a tier with Mac Jones below Chase, Etienne, Harris & Pitts before the NFL. Him landing in my least favorite spot for a quarterback, further cement the reality that I won't be selecting him anywhere this year.

Justin Fields is by far the safer pick, but I'd probably go Lance. I think Trey has the most upside of any of the quarterback prospects, and I think you landed in the greatest spot. With a legit offensive mastermind behind the helm. I also think he will have time the time to develop into a superstar.

But at the end of the day any of these prospects can miss, so you have to trust your gut. It's a lot easier to get over missing on someone you believed in then it is to take the "consensus" best player and watch the bust on your bench.
Team One: Children of the Light
12 Team PPR- Superflex- Dynasty - Start 9

QB: Herbert, Watson, Young, Cousins
HB: Bijan, Etienne, J.Jacobs, Najee, D.Harris, J.Ford
WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, L.Schoonmaker, Likely (T.S.)
Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd & 3rd

Team Two: One Nation
12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

QB: Mahomes, Love, Lance, Purdy
HB: Chubb, Etienne, Akers, Dillion, J.Cook, P.Strong (T.S.), Z.White (T.S.)
WR: Waddle, Jameson, A.Cooper, “Bayou”.Michael.Thomas, Pickens, T.Marshall
TE: Waller, I.Smith.Jr, Otton (T.S.)
LB: D.Lloyd, Q.Walker, D.Long, J.Baker, J.Jewel
DB: J.Chinn, J.Pitre, J.Brisker
DL/ER: S.Hubbard, K.Mack, K.Paye
Picks: '23 1.05, 1.07, 1.12 & 3.07

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Eight7Seven » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:27 am

Pre-Draft Superflex top ten:
Trevor Lawrence

Justin Fields
Trey Lance
Ja'Marr Chase

Travis Etienne
Najee Harris
Kyle Pitts

Zach Wilson
Mac Jones
Jaylen Waddle

Post-Draft Superflex top ten:
Trevor Lawrence

Trey Lance
Justin Fields
Ja'Marr Chase

Kyle Pitts
Najee Harris
Travis Etienne

Jaylen Waddle
Mac Jones
Zach Wilson

WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)

12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:31 am

Fields for me still.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:42 am

Eight7Seven wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 am I had Wilson rated in a tier with Mac Jones below Chase, Etienne, Harris & Pitts before the NFL. Him landing in my least favorite spot for a quarterback, further cement the reality that I won't be selecting him anywhere this year.

Justin Fields is by far the safer pick, but I'd probably go Lance. I think Trey has the most upside of any of the quarterback prospects, and I think you landed in the greatest spot. With a legit offensive mastermind behind the helm. I also think he will have time the time to develop into a superstar.

But at the end of the day any of these prospects can miss, so you have to trust your gut. It's a lot easier to get over missing on someone you believed in then it is to take the "consensus" best player and watch the bust on your bench.
Rank them however you want but calling fields who the nfl showed they have plenty of questions about by far the “safer” pick makes no sense.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:52 am

it's a tough one between wilson and lance for me. both have great upside and some bust potential. landing spot is good for lance, and not that bad for wilson, with the new regime. go with your gut, your homerism (if there) or just wilson for 6 pts throwing TDs / lance for 4 pts throwing TDs.

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Eight7Seven » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:15 am

How did the NFL show that Fields isn't safe? Mitchell Trubisky was drafted two overall over Watson and Maholmes (10-12).

I've watched tape on all the top Quarterbacks and have made my own assessments. I've also read the analysis from trusted scouts like Matt Waldman and others to try to incorporate other perspectives.

In my opinion Justin Fields is the safest bet outside of Trevor Lawrence in this class for QB. I doubt he'll bust, and I think he'll likely be low end top 10 quarterback. Mac Jones also seems safe, I think he'll have an Andy Dalton like career. But he lacks the upside of the other four first round guys.

Rather than take shots at other people, why don't you actually try to answer the original poster with your own insight and maybe help someone seeking advice.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:17 am

Mtt33 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:42 am
Eight7Seven wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 am I had Wilson rated in a tier with Mac Jones below Chase, Etienne, Harris & Pitts before the NFL. Him landing in my least favorite spot for a quarterback, further cement the reality that I won't be selecting him anywhere this year.

Rank them however you want but calling fields who the nfl showed they have plenty of questions about by far the “safer” pick makes no sense.
um no... only 2 teams showed that they didn't value Fields as the QB2: NYJ and SF. For all you know all other 30 teams in the NFL had Fields as QB2 behind Lawrence.

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:52 am

abloom wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:17 am

um no... only 2 teams showed that they didn't value Fields as the QB2: NYJ and SF. For all you know all other 30 teams in the NFL had Fields as QB2 behind Lawrence.
Come on you can’t actually believe that if all these teams had him #2 qb he wouldn’t have gone earlier? There were tons of rumors prior to the draft that teams had questions about him, the Falcons rumored to love Lance, no rumors about fields, If the panthers or Broncos loved fields as the #2 they could’ve taken him without moving up (lions too but they didnt seem to have any qb interest).

I don’t even dislike fields I’m simply questioning how the guy that slid to 11 due to teams questioning certain aspects of his game is somehow the safest qb. Does he have a great fantasy upside? absolutely.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:54 am

I would go for the upside of Fields. There is a lot to like there.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:02 am

I still see Fields as the QB2 in the class. Nothing at all against Wilson or Lance, because I think the teams that drafted them were in love with them and would have taken their same guy no matter where they drafted (outside of 1st overall and getting Lawrence that is). I’ve just seen too much of Fields first-hand to not believe that most of what made him slip was ignorantly spewed BS by people who needed something to talk about between the SB and FA period. The whole “one read QB” thing was laughable from the jump to anyone who has actually watched the man play football, and the fact that PFF was able to immediately counter the notion with actual facts based on accuracy outside of first read just furthered it’s absurdity. You’ll have to forgive me if I don’t quite go all in on Dan Orlovsky QB analysis. It’s just hard to take a man seriously when you watched him scramble out the back of the end zone and act like the play was still live.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:06 am

Mtt33 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:52 am

Come on you can’t actually believe that if all these teams had him #2 qb he wouldn’t have gone earlier? There were tons of rumors prior to the draft that teams had questions about him, the Falcons rumored to love Lance, no rumors about fields, If the panthers or Broncos loved fields as the #2 they could’ve taken him without moving up (lions too but they didnt seem to have any qb interest).

I don’t even dislike fields I’m simply questioning how the guy that slid to 11 due to teams questioning certain aspects of his game is somehow the safest qb. Does he have a great fantasy upside? absolutely.
I said that they had them as their #2 QB, not as the #2 draft selection.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:32 am

abloom wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:06 am
Mtt33 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:52 am

I said that they had them as their #2 QB, not as the #2 draft selection.
I know you did. And in a draft with 5 highly rated QBs if they had him as their #2 there would’ve been teams clamoring to get up to get him. Anyways I’m sounding like in ripping fields now when I like him, I just don’t think he’s a safe pick by any means.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:28 am

I'd take Lance I think. San Fran had their pick of the 3 and went for Lance and they have ALOT riding on that pick. They will do everything in their power to make it work.

I think Wilson could be the better QB but I don't trust the NYJ at all. I mean, they moved on from Darnold without really giving him any support or coaching or weapons. The opposite of that will happen in SF.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5