Making an offer for Zeke.

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Making an offer for Zeke.

Postby mzkp54 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:13 pm

Team 2 in sig.

Zeke was just put on the block. I offered 1.08 for him trying to start some dialogue, he came back wanting Kyler/1.08 for Zeke/Daniel Jones which is obviously insane.

I'm debating sending back a counter with Hurts and 1.08 for Zeke and either Jones or Tua.

Thoughts? Would you pay something like that for Zeke or just stand pat and address RB in the draft?

Appreciate any thoughts.
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- Kyler, TLaw Stafford
RB-
WR- JJ, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Kirk , QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-
DT- Wilkins, Vea
DE- Bosa, Young, Landry Ebukam
LB- Campbell,Speed, Mcfadden, Dodson
S-
1.02, 1.11, 2.11
5 '25 1sts, 4 '26 1sts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Making an offer for Zeke.

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:21 pm

The Murray offer is an easy pass in SF. I would rather gamble on Tua over Jones even though I think they are both pretty risky long term and if you are contending, I could see making this deal for Zeke.

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:40 am

I like Hurts + 1.08 for Zeke + Tua for you.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:45 am

TTHTD wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:40 am I like Hurts + 1.08 for Zeke + Tua for you.
I think it is a slam dunk. Zeke is the ultimate buy low player right now
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:32 pm

I feel like the problem with trying to buy low on Zeke is that those that own him generally aren't willing to sell low (myself included).

If I were the Zeke owner in that league, I'd have though 1.08 for Zeke was an insane offer, which then led to the high counter you received.

Your counter offer with That/Hurts isn't any better and will probably cause the other owner to come back really high again or break off talks. You're offering way too little for a likely top-8 scoring RB that has Dak returning.
Team 1: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '16 & '17 3rd, '20 2nd Place
REBUILD STARTED 2019
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex
Kyler,Stafford,Herbert
Zeke,Sanders,Swift,Moss,Robinson,Mattison,Gio
Cooper,Juju,AJB,Reagor,Ruggs,Mims,Kirk,Bateman,Moore
Kelce,Henry
2022: 2,3,4

Team 2: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '17 & '20 2nd Place
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex
Rodgers,Stafford
Zeke,Conner,Robinson,Dillon,CEvans,Mattison,Edmonds,Davis
Hopkins,Thomas,Woods,Cooks,Toney,MWilliams,
Kittle,Henry,Freier
2022:1,1,2,3,4

Team 3: 14-Team SF,PPR,0.25/rush '18 3rd Place, 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex SFlex
Cousins,Kyler,Carr,Trask
Jacobs,Gibson,Robinson,LMurray,Ingram,Moss,Gio,SScott
Evans,Nuk,DJM,Boyd,Davis
Fant,Hooper,Gronk
2022:2,4
2023:1,1,2,3,4

Team 4: 12-TeamSF,0.5PPR,TE1PPR 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR WR TE FLEX FLEX SFlex
Allen,Tanny,Cam,MacJones
Taylor,Akers,Montgomery,Gibson,Robinson,Harris,McKissic,SScott
DKM,Evans,Juju,Cooks,MWilliams,Trequan
Engram,Hurst,Gronk,Long

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Adding another side note: "on the block" generally does not mean "free." That's why I rarely update my trade block in leagues, because all you get are low-ball offers like 1.08 for Zeke.

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:59 pm

Yeah, I agree with Snap: you started it all with that lowball offer for Zeke, so I wouldn't be surprised if his counter was just a way for the other owner to make a point. Kyler/1.08 for Zeke/Daniel Jones is not crazier than 1.08 for Zeke.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:11 am

snaps06 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:32 pm I feel like the problem with trying to buy low on Zeke is that those that own him generally aren't willing to sell low (myself included).

If I were the Zeke owner in that league, I'd have though 1.08 for Zeke was an insane offer, which then led to the high counter you received.

Your counter offer with That/Hurts isn't any better and will probably cause the other owner to come back really high again or break off talks. You're offering way too little for a likely top-8 scoring RB that has Dak returning.
I think the first sentence is really what makes it tough to make a deal for Zeke right now. It's a tough situation for his owners, and they as of yet are unwilling to accept his new consensus value.

For instance I am doing a SF startup draft right now and Hurts went ahead of Zeke (3.02 vs. 3.09), and the 8th rookie went ahead of Tua. So Hurts/1.08 should be a slam dunk as being worth more than Zeke/Tua. Even brushing this aside as one draft via startup ADP Zeke/Hurts are essentially equal (right next to each other in ADP) while the 8th rookie consistently goes ahead of Tua.

But it's tough for Zeke owners to come to grips with that new reality where Zeke = Hurts, a late 3rd round startup pick, in consensus value. In their mind this guy was a top 5 or top 10 overall dynasty asset a few games into last year and it's hard for them to adjust to that new value.

I think that's why you don't see many Zeke trades right now. On a truly open market like a startup draft where no one currently owns Zeke, no one really wants him that badly and his value is meh. But in established leagues the Zeke owner is still used to holding a piece that was worth a lot, and is not yet ready to give him up for less.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:11 am

Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:11 am
But it's tough for Zeke owners to come to grips with that new reality where Zeke = Hurts, a late 3rd round startup pick, in consensus value.
I own no shares of either Zeke or Hurts and this statement is a fallacy to me. In your strat up draft he went equal to Zeke, that does not make it a consensus. Zeke owners are holding because they rightfully expect a bounce back year and they will be able to trade from a position of more value. People are tryimg to acquire a player they percieve as declining from owners percieving a gain in value coming shortly. Trades don't happen in that environment.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:19 am

murphysxm wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:11 am
But it's tough for Zeke owners to come to grips with that new reality where Zeke = Hurts, a late 3rd round startup pick, in consensus value.
I own no shares of either Zeke or Hurts and this statement is a fallacy to me. In your strat up draft he went equal to Zeke, that does not make it a consensus. Zeke owners are holding because they rightfully expect a bounce back year and they will be able to trade from a position of more value. People are tryimg to acquire a player they percieve as declining from owners percieving a gain in value coming shortly. Trades don't happen in that environment.
Sorry if my post was confusing. I wasn't referring only to my startup draft, but to other consensus measures like overall startup ADP too. I meant in my startup Hurts went well ahead of Zeke. And more importantly in current SF startup ADP Hurts and Zeke go within 1 pick of each other (Zeke 3.11, Hurts 3.12).

In consensus value for all intents and purposes they are essentially equal right now. Startup ADP has them dead even. KTC has Zeke slightly ahead by about the value of a 2023 late 2nd round pick. I'm not just talking about 1 draft here. These are overall consensus data with hundreds if not thousands of data points.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:59 am

Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:19 am
murphysxm wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:11 am
Sorry if my post was confusing. I wasn't referring only to my startup draft, but to other consensus measures like overall startup ADP too. I meant in my startup Hurts went well ahead of Zeke. And more importantly in current SF startup ADP Hurts and Zeke go within 1 pick of each other (Zeke 3.11, Hurts 3.12).

In consensus value for all intents and purposes they are essentially equal right now. Startup ADP has them dead even. KTC has Zeke slightly ahead by about the value of a 2023 late 2nd round pick. I'm not just talking about 1 draft here. These are overall consensus data with hundreds if not thousands of data points.
I admittedly don't do start ups, but that is crazy talk to me. I am clearly lower on Hurts and higher on Zeke than the consensus.