What moves should I make?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
NFL123
Captain
Captain

What moves should I make?

Postby NFL123 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:51 pm

Ahead of the draft, I'm not sure what moves to make. I have an older team, winning in 2019 and somehow making the final last year despite injuries. I feel I need to try and rebuild while trying to contend again. My roster is in my sig, team 1.

QB - happy with Kyler and Burrow.

RB - CMC and Barkley, then very little beyond that. Fournette is my RB3 and as it stands Mike Davis at RB4 but my depth beyond CMC and Barkley is poor.

WR - M Thomas, OBJ and Juju should be a good trio but there are question marks about all three. After that Shepard is my WR4 but like RB, depth is poor.

TE - Waller and Gronk.

In the upcoming draft, I have 1.07, 2.07, 2.08 and 2.11., so some good picks but I have no 2022 picks. I'm planning on picking RB's and WR's in the draft, even although good value will fall at QB.

Looking for advice on what to do with the team - do I try and see what I can get for Fournette, Davis and Gronk? Try and get anything for the backups? Or do I really try and blow things up and keep Kyler, Burrow, CMC, Barkley and Waller and look to make moves with the rest? I fear that I won't get anywhere near the value I could have done last year with M Thomas, OBJ and Juju and I might be better keeping them, however they are my only assets that I would deal for a potentially decent return, so it's a dilemma.

Thanks for any help!
12 team/.5 PPR league/ 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, D, K

Team 1
QB: Jackson Richardson, Kyler
RB: McCaffrey, B Hall, Mostert, FordKendre Miller, E Mitchell, McLaughlin
WR: Lamb, K Allen, G WilsonLondon, Flowers, JSN, Mims, Perry
TE: Kelce, Goedert, Likely
K: Aubrey
D: 49ers Cowboys, Browns

Team 2
QB: Lawrence, Wilson, Fields
RB: Javonte Williams, Ekeler, McCaffrey, Pacheco Charbonnet, Bigsby
WR: Chase, London, Jeudy Woods, Sutton, Beckham, Skyy Moore, W Robinson
TE: Pitts Likely, Kmet, Dulcich
K: McPherson
D: 49ers

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What moves should I make?

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:55 pm

WR depth looks important to me as Beckham is a big gamble. I think you can add some nice prospects in the draft and I would see how you look coming out of the draft. Fournette is a huge if too, but should see touches. I also think Davis could be a sneaky play throughout the year and provide numbers within your lineup. Making your undercard players publicly available is worth a shot, but I would not expect much.

Blowing up your team would bring some big return and you could get much younger but that is a risky move. Your high end assets are a bit older and I understand wanting to maximize value, but this could also really set you back.

I think holding and seeing how your team comes out makes the most sense based on your build and options. If your team is looking average mid season...think about blowing it up then.

Buckhill Bombers
MVP
MVP

Postby Buckhill Bombers » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:10 pm

1.7 should land you Smith or Waddle (unless #3 RB falls) so that helps you quite a bit. Although not a good time to sell would be great if you could move Beckham for a younger WR or 1st rounder...

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:51 pm

Offer obj/juju + 1.07 around and see what happens maybe someone offers a top 3 pick...I wouldn’t hold my breath but it’s worth a shot
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:22 pm

I wouldn't try and sell any of those guys right now(MT,OBJ, JUJU,CMC,Waller or Barkley). They will all hold way more value in season. I'd consider blowing up the team if things aren't breaking right early on. Without 2022 picks you will probably have a hard time sustaining your team through injuries. I'd consider shopping Burrow for someone as well in a 1QB if anyone is willing to overpay.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:29 pm

In your situation, I'd be trying to shop the 1.07 pick, trying to take advantage of rookie hype. Don't know your league, but it's very possible that you can land a WR better than OBJ for that pick. In a 1QB, I'd be looking to see whether Murray won't get me some capital (2022 1st?). Having him + Burrow is nice, but kinda of a luxury given how thin you are at other positions.