Pat Mahomes Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Pat Mahomes Trade

Postby jomaed » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:59 pm

[/quote]

I had the 1.07 draft pick and was offered every pick (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. 5th. 6th. 7th) in next year draft to trade it. Thought value was too good. So I did. (1st mistake)

Got offered 1.02, Woods, 2022 1st, and 2.11 for Jackson. (Not a big fan of Jackson and really like Fields) (2nd mistake)

Was offered 2.3 and Justin Herbert for Dak Prescott and 2.11. Like Herbert almost as much as Prescott. Thought that was a win.
[/quote]

So you have 3 2022 1sts now?

Cashby94
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Cashby94 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:00 pm

jomaed wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:59 pm
I had the 1.07 draft pick and was offered every pick (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. 5th. 6th. 7th) in next year draft to trade it. Thought value was too good. So I did. (1st mistake)

Got offered 1.02, Woods, 2022 1st, and 2.11 for Jackson. (Not a big fan of Jackson and really like Fields) (2nd mistake)

Was offered 2.3 and Justin Herbert for Dak Prescott and 2.11. Like Herbert almost as much as Prescott. Thought that was a win.
[/quote]

So you have 3 2022 1sts now?
[/quote]

That is correct. I have tried moving them for a piece thinking it would befit me, but seems like the entire league doesn’t want 2022 1sts.
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 1FLX, 1SF - 1 PPR - Dynasty
QB: Mahomes, Lawrence, T. Taylor
RB: Swift, Dobbins, Edwards S. Michel, T. Williams, Perine, Dallas
WR: D. Moore, R. Bateman, E. Moore, R.Moore, M. Jones, Conley, T. Williams, People-Jones, D Brown
TE: K. Pitts, Howard, Hurst
2022: 2x 1st

atlmoneyman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby atlmoneyman » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:04 pm

If you are receiving Mahomes and Jeudy in a Superflex...yes. But I agree. I would push for moving Allen over moving Godwin but if it took moving Godwin to get it done...do it.

Cashby94
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Cashby94 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:12 pm

He has countered with Mahomes and Akers fir Herbert and Taylor.

Thoughts
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 1FLX, 1SF - 1 PPR - Dynasty
QB: Mahomes, Lawrence, T. Taylor
RB: Swift, Dobbins, Edwards S. Michel, T. Williams, Perine, Dallas
WR: D. Moore, R. Bateman, E. Moore, R.Moore, M. Jones, Conley, T. Williams, People-Jones, D Brown
TE: K. Pitts, Howard, Hurst
2022: 2x 1st

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:04 am

Cashby94 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:12 pm He has countered with Mahomes and Akers fir Herbert and Taylor.

Thoughts
I would have just taken the original deal with Allen (Herbert/Allen for Mahomes). Getting Shenault back on top would have been fine, and Jeudy even better (even if it took Godwin), but it looks like pushing for more has taken the deal in a different direction now. I would not give Taylor here. Even if you aren’t an outright contender for 2021, he’s worth more than throwing in as a swap for Akers in this deal.

See if you can get the original Mahomes deal done, I wouldn’t feel bad losing Herbert/Allen for Mahomes alone if it gets it done. Drafting Fields or Wilson at 1.02 and going BPA at 2.03 would be my play. Though you could also look to move back a bit from 1.02 to acquire more assets to address both QB2 and other depth issues.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:32 am

Cashby94 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:12 pm He has countered with Mahomes and Akers fir Herbert and Taylor.

Thoughts
Don’t love swapping Taylor for Akers obviously but if it gets me a herbert for Mahomes swap I’d do it.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:24 am

I am super low on Akers relative to his consensus value. I love the original deal if you can still get it.

To me Herbert->Mahomes is a MASSIVE upgrade in SF. Herbert looked great and has the upside of being as good as Mahomes, but realistically there is a decent chance he will be another in a long line of young QBs that flashed elite FF scoring for a year and then fizzled into mediocrity (Goff, Wentz, Baker, Stafford, etc).

Not saying it will happen, but it's a major risk with him. Mahomes on the other thing is the closest thing to guaranteed long-term elite production/value we have in FF right now when talking about Superflex. To me guaranteeing that is worth giving up someone like Keenan Allen, even though I like Allen.

Viska coming back would just be a bonus. Even with him not involved I personally would rate Mahomes >>> Herbert/Allen if you can still pull that deal off.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert