SF Orphan Direction

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
pmart33
MVP
MVP

SF Orphan Direction

Postby pmart33 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:03 am

Team 4 in my signature is my first dynasty orphan take over. Just looking for some general advice as to what direction to go in. With QB, TE and RB depth being massive issues, my gut tells me that this team needs to rebuild, or at least retool by selling off some of my older guys. I have 1.07 this year, all of my 2022 picks, and what should be an additional early 1st.

What should my first priority be? QB? Younger WRs? Draft picks?
For Podcasts, Blogs and more please visit:
https://www.sundaysurefire.com/

Team 1
12 Team .5 PPR
Starters 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Hurts Love Cousins
RB CMC Stevenson Ekeler Mostert Spiller
WR Hill Puka Aiyuk Diggs
TE Kelce

Team 2
12 Team PPR SF TE Prem
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Kyler A-Rich
RB Dobbins Hull
WR Flowers London C. Watson Mingo
TE McBride Musgrave Mayer Fant

1.01 1.03
4 2025 1sts
5 2026 1sts

Team 3
12 Team PPR SF
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Burrow Purdy Howell
RB Taylor Hall Kyren Ekeler Pollard Z. White
WR Lamb Deebo Dionte Puka M. Williams Zay Jones
TE Njoku Fant Hill

Team 4
12 Team .5 PPR SF TE Prem 1 PPR

QB Fields Watson Purdy Cousins
RB Bijan Gibbs Barkley Walker Kyren Stevenson Gibson
WR Lamb Hill Kupp Dell Diontae E. Moore Mims Pierce
TE Hockenson Goedert

3 2025 1sts
4 2026 1sts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: SF Orphan Direction

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:11 am

I'd definitely prioritize QB and younger WR. Sell all of the old assets. Full rebuild. I wouldn't even keep Chubb. Dak is the only piece worth holding and even then, I'd be looking for an overpay to acquire more assets

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:24 am

Prescott is a great piece to build around in SF. Outside of that, I would make every asset available for the right price. As always, I would not force a deal and show patience and wait for the right deal to come along to help you in the future. This team looks to be a couple years out regardless, so I would settle in and really shop your pieces even if you can land multiple 1sts a year or two out. Getting future picks is sometimes the most lucrative way to go based on current cost.

Madcity_matt
Starter
Starter

Postby Madcity_matt » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:40 am

I'd agree with Gator above, work to get younger at WR and better/younger at RB. 1.07 might get you a shot at a QB otherwise a stud young skill player to help build around. Good news with this orphan is that you have some pieces to trade.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:15 pm

Team 4
12 Team .5 PPR SF TE Prem PPR (Year 2)

What's the TE premium?

QB Dak
Oh boy, one of those orphans. Well 1 QB means most likely a full year down rebuild. Dak is fortunately a good piece to build around.

RB Chubb, Cohen, White, Gio, McCoy
Oh yeah, it's a full rebuild. Definitely looking to sell all of these guys. I'd sell all of these guys now. Chubb should get you something good in a 0.5 ppr. I'm going to a competitive team and asking for their 21 1st and 22 1st at a minimum.

WR A-Rob, Thielen, Lockett, Julio, Cooks, Watkins, Stills, Dede
A-rob is the only one I'd be tempted to keep. Sell all the rest now (I'd even sell Arob for a nice price now. Make sure everyone knows that Arob is going to be playing with his best QB of his career ever)

TE Gronk, OJ, Rudolph
Sell sell sell

Well I got to ask. This is someone else's pick right? How are rookie picks assigned?

Overall:
Yeah this is a complete tear down. Dak is the only sure keeper (unless some massive overpay). A-rob I'm holding to unless you get good value for him. The rest are all sells.

I am not trading for any RBs unless value is too good to pass up and you can flip those rbs. I'm looking for young wrs and draft picks. Those draft picks need to be in the top 14-15 preferably top 12. During draft I'm drafting the top 5 QBs if one is there at 1.07. if none there I'm going wr or possibly pitts. I'm not drafting a rb. If someone wants to trade into 1.07 during the rookie draft I'm all for that.

This is a multi year rebuild. You shouldn't consider any rbs in the first round and a half unless value is too good to pass up (it likely won't be).
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

pmart33
MVP
MVP

Postby pmart33 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:30 pm

abloom wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:15 pm Team 4

What's the TE premium?

QB Dak
Oh boy, one of those orphans. Well 1 QB means most likely a full year down rebuild. Dak is fortunately a good piece to build around.

Oh yeah, it's a full rebuild. Definitely looking to sell all of these guys. I'd sell all of these guys now. Chubb should get you something good in a 0.5 ppr. I'm going to a competitive team and asking for their 21 1st and 22 1st at a minimum.

A-rob is the only one I'd be tempted to keep. Sell all the rest now (I'd even sell Arob for a nice price now. Make sure everyone knows that Arob is going to be playing with his best QB of his career ever)

TE Gronk, OJ, Rudolph
Sell sell sell

Well I got to ask. This is someone else's pick right? How are rookie picks assigned?

Overall:
Yeah this is a complete tear down. Dak is the only sure keeper (unless some massive overpay). A-rob I'm holding to unless you get good value for him. The rest are all sells.

I am not trading for any RBs unless value is too good to pass up and you can flip those rbs. I'm looking for young wrs and draft picks. Those draft picks need to be in the top 14-15 preferably top 12. During draft I'm drafting the top 5 QBs if one is there at 1.07. if none there I'm going wr or possibly pitts. I'm not drafting a rb. If someone wants to trade into 1.07 during the rookie draft I'm all for that.

This is a multi year rebuild. You shouldn't consider any rbs in the first round and a half unless value is too good to pass up (it likely won't be).
Great points here. The TE premium is 1 point compared to .5 for all other positions.

I just moved Thielen for Ruggs and a future 1st so I’m trying to get younger and add picks. Everything is on the table for me at 1.07, but a QB at that spot would be great.
For Podcasts, Blogs and more please visit:
https://www.sundaysurefire.com/

Team 1
12 Team .5 PPR
Starters 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Hurts Love Cousins
RB CMC Stevenson Ekeler Mostert Spiller
WR Hill Puka Aiyuk Diggs
TE Kelce

Team 2
12 Team PPR SF TE Prem
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Kyler A-Rich
RB Dobbins Hull
WR Flowers London C. Watson Mingo
TE McBride Musgrave Mayer Fant

1.01 1.03
4 2025 1sts
5 2026 1sts

Team 3
12 Team PPR SF

QB Burrow Purdy Howell
RB Taylor Hall Kyren Ekeler Pollard Z. White
WR Lamb Deebo Dionte Puka M. Williams Zay Jones
TE Njoku Fant Hill

Team 4
12 Team .5 PPR SF TE Prem 1 PPR

QB Fields Watson Purdy Cousins
RB Bijan Gibbs Barkley Walker Kyren Stevenson Gibson
WR Lamb Hill Kupp Dell Diontae E. Moore Mims Pierce
TE Hockenson Goedert

3 2025 1sts
4 2026 1sts

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:23 pm

pmart33 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:30 pm
abloom wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:15 pm Team 4

What's the TE premium?

QB Dak

TE Gronk, OJ, Rudolph
Sell sell sell

Overall:

Great points here. The TE premium is 1 point compared to .5 for all other positions.

I just moved Thielen for Ruggs and a future 1st so I’m trying to get younger and add picks. Everything is on the table for me at 1.07, but a QB at that spot would be great.
Great trade! those are exactly the type of trades you have to go find.
the 1point compared to 0.5 is actually pretty big imo IF you can manage to get a stud TE. Not really a big need now, but something to keep in mind. Would actually make me consider Pitts at 1.07 if he's there.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01