A Jones vs Mixon +

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MichaelScarn
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

A Jones vs Mixon +

Postby MichaelScarn » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:10 pm

Was approached by the Jones owner, asking for Mixon and 2.06

This a 10 team standard league, I'm a contender every year but my RBs always let me down.

I currently have Mixon/Sanders/Akers/Hunt/Fournette with pick 1.06 and 2.08 in this coming draft.

Is this fair value? I was always the biggest Mixon fan (took him 1.03) but he's too frustrating to own imo
10 Team SuperFlex PPR
QB: Herbert/Cousins/Fitz/Z Wilson
RB: Barkley/Dobbins/Gibson/Dillon/Etienne/Edmonds/Michel/Lindsay/Kelley/T Jones/Evans/Hyde
WR: Robinson/Moore/Sutton/Boyd/Gallup/Slayton/Harry//R Moore/Eskridge/A St. Brown/Collins
TE: Goedert/Thomas/Njoku/Pitts

10 Team Standard
QB: Herbert/Hurts
RB: A Jones/Sanders/Akers/Hunt/Fournette/McKissic/Snell
WR: Hill/Hopkins/Evans/JuJu/Thielen/Parker/Shenault/Hamler/Edwards/D Smith/E Moore
TE: Fant/Goedert/Ertz/Howard

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: A Jones vs Mixon +

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:29 pm

Give me Jones

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:43 pm

Jones for me if you are contending. Despite age, I'm still a big believer in Jones.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:19 am

MichaelScarn wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:10 pm Was approached by the Jones owner, asking for Mixon and 2.06

This a 10 team standard league, I'm a contender every year but my RBs always let me down.

I currently have Mixon/Sanders/Akers/Hunt/Fournette with pick 1.06 and 2.08 in this coming draft.

Is this fair value? I was always the biggest Mixon fan (took him 1.03) but he's too frustrating to own imo
I’m right there with you, man. I took Mixon at 1.03 for team 1, and while I’d stop short of calling him a bust or even a liability, I just got tired of waiting for him to live up to his potential. I finally traded him a few weeks ago. Sent Mixon and Irv Smith for Lamb and Jarwin. Still have a share in another league, so I’m still pulling for him, but his value can only be propped up by potential for so long. If he has another disappointing campaign this season, his value could totally tank.

I guess that’s my long-winded way of saying that I like this trade for you. When you’re in that small contending window but you just can’t get over the hump, sometimes you need to shake things up a little.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0