Golladay value i have been offered him for 1.06 straight up but feel it isn't enough

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
papageo8
Starter
Starter

Golladay value i have been offered him for 1.06 straight up but feel it isn't enough

Postby papageo8 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:52 am

10 team superflex sf

I have been offered 1.06 straight up for golladay

Also offered golladay and 2.04 for 1.04.

Feel both are too light and maybe golladay and 2.04 for 1.06 is fairer.

What do people think? I am a fan of golladay and must admit I'm probably a player like his from having a go at the championship.

On the other hand the 1.04-1.06 run I own is going to be pretty nice for me in terms of building up team. I'm getting 3 of fields, Wilson, Harris, chase, ettienne, mac Jones, trey lance etc.

Core team

Qb
Rodgers
Stafford

Rb
Chubb
Jrob
Dobbins

Wr
Jeudy
Boyd
Obj

Te
Irv smith / zach ertz / ebron

Feel like having gollday would be really helpful as I am relying on a) obj bouncing back b) someone else having a mini revival like sammy watkins, bell, aj green or a breakout like quez watkins, cephus, gab Davies or keke coutee.

Flip side I love this draft class.

I've 3x 2022 1sts I could offer and a 2022 2nd if I could find something sensible there.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Golladay value i have been offered him for 1.06 straight up but feel it isn't enough

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:22 am

Given your age-ish core, I would hold your pick run and add the best three available. If you come out with the top two wr's or the top two position players +, I think the hold is well worth it. Golladay is heading to a new system and a bad offense. I still think he is a solid wr, but I would not invest heavily as of now.

Your build has upside, but you need more than Golladay and the youth helps. You will get top non QB options and are in a great spot.

papageo8
Starter
Starter

Re: Golladay value i have been offered him for 1.06 straight up but feel it isn't enough

Postby papageo8 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:39 am

I'm inclined to agree.
I'm starting to think Lawrence, Harris and chase may be the 1st off the board which is going to leave me with possibly 2qbs and an rb however on the day it's hard to know for sure and I do feel chase has a really good shot at landing on my lap also.

I'm feeling good about the pick run to be honest and general construct of my team. It's a 2 year build using these picks and the 3 next year.

I probably need to flip a qb if I end up taking 2 in the draft like Stafford or Rodgers.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:52 am

You have the picks? I'd rather keep them. Trading the 1.06 for Golladay+ could happen on the clock, but I think I'd take the pick either way unless I get an overpay

papageo8
Starter
Starter

Postby papageo8 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:01 am

Yeah I have the picks. Good spot 1.04-1.06 and 3x 2022 1sts. Not bad really.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:24 am

I'd hold the picks. Having the triple tap has gotta make you feel like a kid in a candy store on draft day.

But don't get tunnel vision on specific players. You might not even use all your picks if there are owners wanting to trade up. Check the guys drafting behind you and make a mental note of any players you'd trade in exchange + their pick.

I've gained a lot of value from trading down when I've had multiple early 1sts.

When these rookies get drafted by their NFL teams sometimes the hype gets outta control and that's a perfect chance to ask for an overpay. $$$

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:34 am

halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:24 am I'd hold the picks. Having the triple tap has gotta make you feel like a kid in a candy store on draft day.

But don't get tunnel vision on specific players. You might not even use all your picks if there are owners wanting to trade up. Check the guys drafting behind you and make a mental note of any players you'd trade in exchange + their pick.

When these rookies get drafted by their NFL teams sometimes the hype gets outta control and that's a perfect chance to ask for an overpay. $$$
Genius advice. Great post

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:41 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:34 am
halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:24 am I'd hold the picks. Having the triple tap has gotta make you feel like a kid in a candy store on draft day.

Genius advice. Great post
gonna agree with jigga, this is spot on
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts