Team direction

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Team direction

Postby MyTeam » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:47 pm

I need some help. Team 3 below.

We just drafted and I should have went for a competitive build because the guy right before me and after me were making similar builds so I was sniped on: 1.01, Lamb, Sutton, Tua, Ridley and just about every pick I have in the draft the one before it went the pick ahead of me.

So my thoughts are, with 1.11 I'll end up with Waddle or Bateman. Can't imagine a top 3 RB, Pitts, top 4 QB or top 2 WR drop there. So I'll have my pick of Waddle, Bateman or any other non top guy. Or if someone like Gainwell, Mac Jones, or Carter land in the right spot, one of those top guys could drop to 11.

At 8, I take BPA left of the top tier. Could end up with Williams or ETN if not, Smith is guaranteed to be there.

At 3 and 4, I could go QB and Chase/Najee. OR I could go Chase and Najee.

So my thoughts are, my team is obviously rough. But I could end up with my starting lineup being:

Burrow, Watson
Najee, Williams
Chase, Chark, Boyd, Davis, Waddle, Hardman
Hockenson
Which honestly doesn't look bad on paper if Watson plays.

So my question is really at 1.03 and 1.04. Do I commit to the multi year rebuild and go QB at 3. Or do I grab the two best skill positions on the board at 3 and 4? Obviously everyone says BPA but is the BPA on this build QB or top two guys?
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Team direction

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:51 pm

I would be looking to grab Chase and a QB if the QB goes to a solid landing spot for this year or future looking. You are multiple years out, so RB would be the last thing I was worried about. If you can draft and flip Harris for a ton, I would consider that, but I would want a deal in place before making the pick. Chase and/or Smith would be a huge priority for me personally based on your build and timeline. WR's will be around longer in theory and hold their value much longer than RB's.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:55 pm

Unless I consider trading back for a haul with a plan I agree here.^ I would go best QB/WR available.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:59 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:51 pm I would be looking to grab Chase and a QB if the QB goes to a solid landing spot for this year or future looking. You are multiple years out, so RB would be the last thing I was worried about. If you can draft and flip Harris for a ton, I would consider that, but I would want a deal in place before making the pick. Chase and/or Smith would be a huge priority for me personally based on your build and timeline. WR's will be around longer in theory and hold their value much longer than RB's.
Realistically with my picks I could end up with the top 3 WRs and then a top 3 QB. 2.05 will end up being one of those second tier WRs. I just wasn't sure because only 2 or 3 teams have 3 reliable RBs so it might make more sense to grab Najee because he will have more value as a RB than Chase does. Plus with this class being so deep at WR, it seems like going WR could end up leaving better value on the board.

I ran into the same issue last year with my team 2, I went Jeudy to commit to the 2 year rebuild and passed on Swift and Dobbins. Now just based on value Dobbins and Swift are worth way more. Even more than Lamb who everyone has as a top dynasty WR.
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:21 pm

MyTeam wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:59 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:51 pm I would be looking to grab Chase and a QB if the QB goes to a solid landing spot for this year or future looking. You are multiple years out, so RB would be the last thing I was worried about. If you can draft and flip Harris for a ton, I would consider that, but I would want a deal in place before making the pick. Chase and/or Smith would be a huge priority for me personally based on your build and timeline. WR's will be around longer in theory and hold their value much longer than RB's.
Realistically with my picks I could end up with the top 3 WRs and then a top 3 QB. 2.05 will end up being one of those second tier WRs. I just wasn't sure because only 2 or 3 teams have 3 reliable RBs so it might make more sense to grab Najee because he will have more value as a RB than Chase does. Plus with this class being so deep at WR, it seems like going WR could end up leaving better value on the board.

I ran into the same issue last year with my team 2, I went Jeudy to commit to the 2 year rebuild and passed on Swift and Dobbins. Now just based on value Dobbins and Swift are worth way more. Even more than Lamb who everyone has as a top dynasty WR.
I can understand the value side of Harris and maybe you flip him, but the top 3 WR's and a top 3 QB long term sounds fantastic to me. I like building around WR's though. Once the NFL draft is done, that should help shed some light on this and could open up an overpay trade offer.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:06 am

I would plan to go Fields or Wilson at 1.03, then Chase at 1.04. I understand the argument for taking a RB on value, but I really don’t think Harris compares to Taylor or Swift very favorably in the argument. If he did, he probably would have come out as expected last year. Maybe that’s unfair to Harris, time will tell, but that’s my take.

However, landing spots will likely shake up the top tier a bit for most, so could present an opportunity to trade one of the picks for a big haul later also.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch