Rebuild Suggestions

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
brobrien6
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Rebuild Suggestions

Postby brobrien6 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:02 pm

I recently started a rebuild at the end of the season/beginning of the offseason with team 2 in my sig. I sold off assets like Henry, Julio and Adams as well as any scraps I could to stock up on younger talents (Metcalf and Lamb) as well as add 3 additional first round picks in the 2022 draft. With the roster below, what are some under the radar targets you all like and any players you would suggest to go after with my abundance of picks or take the rebuild slowly and wait it out longer?

Thanks in advance!
12-Team, 30 roster spots and 3 Taxi spots| Start 10: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Dak, Tua, J. Fields, K. Cousins
RB: J. Williams, C. Akers, T. Etienne, K. Hunt, R. Penny, N. Hines, K. Vaughn, L. Perine, K. Herbert, Ty Johnson, T. Homer, C. Evans
WR: D. Metcalf, C. Lamb, K. Allen, R. Bateman, R. Gage, L. Shenault, J. Reagor, Q. Cephus, D. Brown,C. Conley, A. Schwartz
TE: K. Pitts, G. Everett, K. Yeboah
D/ST: LAC, TEN, NYJ
2022 picks: 1.04, 2.04, 3.08
2023 picks: 1st, 2nd

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Rebuild Suggestions

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:13 pm

I would look to move Carr. In a similar situation, I recently traded him for 2.09 and projected early 2022 1st & 3rd. It feels like the Raiders are almost looking for a reason to move on from him, and I don’t view his future as a no doubt starter secure. I’d rather gamble on picks and take the stable value. I would look to do something similar in your position.
Also if you could sell Penny to the Carson owner, Wilson to the Mostert owner, or Lindsay to the DJ owner, I’d look into doing just that. And before the NFL draft.

brobrien6
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby brobrien6 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:18 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:13 pm I would look to move Carr. In a similar situation, I recently traded him for 2.09 and projected early 2022 1st & 3rd. It feels like the Raiders are almost looking for a reason to move on from him, and I don’t view his future as a no doubt starter secure. I’d rather gamble on picks and take the stable value. I would look to do something similar in your position.
Also if you could sell Penny to the Carson owner, Wilson to the Mostert owner, or Lindsay to the DJ owner, I’d look into doing just that. And before the NFL draft.
Realized I had not updated my signature, I had moved Carr and Wilson already. Did exactly that as well.
12-Team, 30 roster spots and 3 Taxi spots| Start 10: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Dak, Tua, J. Fields, K. Cousins
RB: J. Williams, C. Akers, T. Etienne, K. Hunt, R. Penny, N. Hines, K. Vaughn, L. Perine, K. Herbert, Ty Johnson, T. Homer, C. Evans
WR: D. Metcalf, C. Lamb, K. Allen, R. Bateman, R. Gage, L. Shenault, J. Reagor, Q. Cephus, D. Brown,C. Conley, A. Schwartz
TE: K. Pitts, G. Everett, K. Yeboah
D/ST: LAC, TEN, NYJ
2022 picks: 1.04, 2.04, 3.08
2023 picks: 1st, 2nd

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:23 pm

brobrien6 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:18 pm
sugbear65 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:13 pm I would look to move Carr. In a similar situation, I recently traded him for 2.09 and projected early 2022 1st & 3rd. It feels like the Raiders are almost looking for a reason to move on from him, and I don’t view his future as a no doubt starter secure. I’d rather gamble on picks and take the stable value. I would look to do something similar in your position.
Realized I had not updated my signature, I had moved Carr and Wilson already. Did exactly that as well.
:thumbup: well it doesn’t look like you need my advice then, you’re on top of it! Lol

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:29 pm

With where your build currently is post deals, I would look to sell off any other ageing players for any decent price. Crowder and Lindsay stand out to me. You may get a bit more in season and hopefully something comes up, but both of those players do very little for you long term. Otherwise, I think the best bet is to hold and wait for your picks to come this year and next and see how your young WR's develop. Everett also seems to be getting some hype this offseason with moving to Seattle, so maybe a deal pops up in season there too. Again, showing patience and settling in here is key and likely the best/only move outside of hopefully finding value on the market for your last few older assets.