Tyreek for package....complete

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Tyreek for package....complete

Postby Zhoward88 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:41 am

Moved Adams months ago, just traded Tyreek. Going full rebuild and let me tell ya, it was hard to move those two WRs. Nobody wanted Adams at all and hill was almost as bad. One guy wanted him but I played hardball for a while. Here’s the final deal.

Gave: Hill and Evan Engram

Got: Aiyuk, claypool, Chark, gronk

What ya think? My sig is not updated but have sanders and CEH at RB, plus Goedert at TE. Feel there is upside on those 3 players coming off of last season, could go either way for the RBs but I have optimism. Do these WRs move the needle enough to lose Tyreek? I just feel with my draft picks this year (1.2, 1.7, 2.1, 2.2) I should move from the “cliff” players that value seems to drop hard from this point on. I feel if /Adams was hard to trade now only worse next year. And I need to hit on chase at 1.2 and a couple RBs after him. But wanted to start the process now with these picks.
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyreek for package....complete

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:44 am

I think Hill is elite and will be for years to come with Mahomes and I would have held. Hopefully all three make big jumps for you this year.

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:46 am

in a 10 team league, I don't like it based on value. Gronk does nothing for me at this point. But if you needed to add depth, I can see. I would have liked to see you get a top pick and Aiyuk. I guess too many unknowns for me to give up Hill.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:52 am

I get those concerns. I have them as well. But my depth was for sure an issue and totally understand that studs are killer in 10 man leagues but had to make a move. Wanted to get these 3 guys and see if a couple can emerge from some of the flashes they have shown. Chark could jump up, claypool is a freak in his own sense, and so is Aiyuk. None are for sure studs but all 3 could have a chance. Yea gronk was just a part of the deal. Tyreek is the best piece but had to do something. Also thinks this makes it easier to take BPA with all my picks. I woulda been crippled if Tyreek has an injury or anything. Appreciate the feedback. It runs close to how I felt but wanted to go new direction and see if I hit. May backfire.
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

Kicker- koo

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:46 am

its only fantasy football. you have to want to cheer for your team. I go against the forum sometimes. Everyone values people differently and has a different direction they want to take a team. You never do know. Chark could blow up this year with TLAW...you never know. Good luck.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:18 am

You'll probably be fine but I would've held the 2 WR and tried to compete. Hard to say without seeing the full picture though. If a rebuild was necessary, I get it.

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:19 am

BradysBunch wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:46 am its only fantasy football. you have to want to cheer for your team. I go against the forum sometimes. Everyone values people differently and has a different direction they want to take a team. You never do know. Chark could blow up this year with TLAW...you never know. Good luck.
Yep. I don’t think it will even be a sure fire win or lose on it with the flexibility I gain from it. If multiple guys I got in the package produce starter stats that’s great for me. Hill is not a young pup anymore. Would be crushed if injured.

QBs- Dak P

Kicker- koo

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:59 pm

It doesn’t necessarily speak to this deal itself, but in a 10 team, I don’t see moving 27-28 year old WRs as necessary to a rebuild strategy. This is especially true when the return is only stocks of lesser WRs. Moving older RBs, absolutely, but Adams and Hill still would have given a 3-4 year window to compete in (nearly an entire RB rookie contract cycle) . I would have held both outside of drastic overpays where Metcalf+, Brown+, or Jefferson+ were involved.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:36 pm

krtbuckeye wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:59 pm It doesn’t necessarily speak to this deal itself, but in a 10 team, I don’t see moving 27-28 year old WRs as necessary to a rebuild strategy. This is especially true when the return is only stocks of lesser WRs. Moving older RBs, absolutely, but Adams and Hill still would have given a 3-4 year window to compete in (nearly an entire RB rookie contract cycle) . I would have held both outside of drastic overpays where Metcalf+, Brown+, or Jefferson+ were involved.
It's wild to hear that Tyreek and Adams are dinosaurs. They are just as likely to have as many WR1 (probably more) seasons the rest of their careers than the guys like Higgins, Claypool, Aiyuk, etc who are all just hopefuls still at this point. Yes, very young and have potential... But potential gets people fired