JRob 1:12 or Golladay/ROJO

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
mullmania
MVP
MVP

JRob 1:12 or Golladay/ROJO

Postby mullmania » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:04 pm

JRob owner coming off a 2020 championship. Don’t want to move him, just got offered Dak for JRob and declined, but this offer seems decent enough to at least vet

Give JRob, 1:12
Get Golladay, Rojo

Hold still? This is a forced turnover trade every 3 years league not true dynasty

Tanny , Hill
Kamara/Murray, JRob/Dare O, Harris/White, Gus Ed
Diggs, Hopkins, Fuller, J Meyers
Goedert/Ertz, Higbee

Taxi Mimms, J Kelly, Det WR Rookie tough to spell

1.12, 3.12

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: JRob 1:12 or Golladay/ROJO

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:33 pm

I like the Golladay side here but the value seems close. This likely comes down to how you view Jones II. I still think he will get plenty of touches this year. Golladay will get lots of looks too.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:47 pm

I’m a big Jones 2 fan. Was touting the bandwagon last off season and I think he delivered on potential.

Yeah. I do feel like it sures my wr 3 some as I think Fuller takes a hit in Miami. I do like Mimms and the Detroit rook wR I can’t spell his name who might replace Golladay a little

It may come down to me having 2 RJ copies already and 1 Golladay but this being my only JRob

JRob seems to be a hot ticket right now. I just got Dak and this offer for him in minutes

He was his own thing and then the Lawrence hype

All said. looking at overall numbers JRob dominated target and touch share by a huge volume. I believe he had 10 tds on the season. Rojo had 10 I believe as well on less touches and volume but comes with increased variance

I suppose it’s a matter if JRob keeps his 80% snap rate or it comes down with any competition or draft picks

I like him a lot. I also feel like maybe cashing in on him isn’t terrible whether this or another

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:00 am

Robinson isn’t likely to have anything close to a repeat of 2020, IMO. I still see him as a valuable asset, because to this point they haven’t brought in serious competition, but his opp share and the Jags rushing volume overall from last year are both destined to take a hit. Urban Meyer is going to spread the ball around and try to create a lot more space, and Lawrence seems like he should be a significant upgrade at QB. I’m not saying this to dawg JRob, I just don’t see the number sustaining given the circumstances.

I think Jones would be a fairly solid option as your RB2. I feel the gap between Golladay-1.12 is a bit greater then Robinson-Jones, so I’m taking Golladay/Jones here.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Londondynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Londondynasty » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:50 am

Golladay Rojo for me
Team 1: Superflex PPR. 35 keeper. 1 qb, 1 Superflex, 2 rb, 2wr, 4 flex, 1 te
QB: Rodgers, Allen, Lance, M.White, Bridgwater
RB: Fournette, Pollard, Chubb, Dillon, C-Patt, J.Cook, K.William, JRob
WR: Adams, Keenan Allen, Evans, Mooney, Juju, Corey Davis, G.Davis, Van Jefferson, Chark, Atwell
TE: Kelce, Waller, Tonyan, Brate, Taysom

Team 2. PPR. 14 teamer. 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 wr/rb, 1 wr/te 1 te, k, p, various IDP
QB: Hurts, Ryan, Watson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, CEH, Penny, Gibson, Hunt
Rhamondre
WR: Hill, Adams, Chase, Brown, Toney, Chark, Gage, Campbell, OBJ, Reagor, Mims, Marshall, Wandale, Bell,
TE: Kittle, Waller, Henry, Njoku

Nightmares
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Nightmares » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:05 am

Golladay turning 28 and going from Staff to Jones would have me thinking long and hard about keeping JRob. Yes, his volume may decrease, but he should have an easier time of it with Lawrence under center.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:54 am

Thanks guys. Lmk if any other takes

I’m real close on this thinking it through

Maybe I should put JRob on the block but I feel like the OP offers is a little of an overpay as is potentially and sometimes I’m more of the mindset to take a goodeal than shop it

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:21 am

krtbuckeye wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:00 am Robinson isn’t likely to have anything close to a repeat of 2020, IMO. I still see him as a valuable asset, because to this point they haven’t brought in serious competition, but his opp share and the Jags rushing volume overall from last year are both destined to take a hit. Urban Meyer is going to spread the ball around and try to create a lot more space, and Lawrence seems like he should be a significant upgrade at QB. I’m not saying this to dawg JRob, I just don’t see the number sustaining given the circumstances.

I think Jones would be a fairly solid option as your RB2. I feel the gap between Golladay-1.12 is a bit greater then Robinson-Jones, so I’m taking Golladay/Jones here.
If you dig into Meyer's history of run to pass ratio, it's far more run oriented than people think. Just wanted to put that out there.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:59 pm

I ended up getting the deal done and picked up K Vaughn as some insurance

Gave JRob, 1:12, James White
Got Golladay, Rojo, K Vaughn

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:11 pm

It is too late as the trade has been done, but I would have held
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:26 pm

No doubt I understand that take. I mean I’m coming off a championship run why mess with it?

From Rojos he had a pretty productive year with some thorns in his side in Fournette. His situation is likely kind of the same next year. He got 192 carries and 42 targets in 14 games and scored 8 tds.

JRob got 240 carries and 60 targets and scored 10 tds in 14 games.

I think there’s a narrative right now that JRob got an 80% opportunity share and was really good with it so they will give it to him again and now a good rookie qb should elevate the offense.

I mean maybe his 80% share was because Chris Thompson, ozigobo, armstead ect were out or hurt a lot of the year.

Just looking at next season. I don’t see much to really change how Tampa will do rbs. Rojo and Fournette prob 1A 1B. Maybe some Vaughn mixed in

JRob maybe it’s 80% him again but maybe they draft a nice 3rd down back. Or maybe he gets dinged your and someone else shows out and gets in the mid more.

My basic point, JROB and Jones we’re close in total production last year. JRob however domainted the snap count and Rojo produces without having to on a better offense.

He has upside if Fournette gets hurt

JRob possibly just has downside or sustaining where he is

Or top 5 again with Lawrence. That’s on the table too

But I guess I’m just heading my bet they don’t give him 80% share again and more cooks done get added to the kitchen

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:38 pm

Back thinking I made the right decision here.

I took a 1,000 dollar waiver bid and turned it into Golladay