Derrick Henry pick value?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Mr. Wizard
Starter
Starter

Derrick Henry pick value?

Postby Mr. Wizard » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:59 am

Guy in my contract league (first team in sig) is offering Derrick Henry on the block. He’s a bit expensive in terms of his salary cap hit, but I could afford him.

My only pick this year is 1.04, which I imagine he would need to be involved. I mostly just can’t decide how much time Henry has left. It would give me a lineup of:

Mahomes + Herbert
Cook + Henry + Montgomery + Sanders
Moore + Higgins (or Diontae, Mooney, some FA)
Andrews

Pretty tempting if I can get a couple more years out of Henry and Cook before they implode. He might want more than 1.04, I don’t know. Considering my options though.

EDIT: Realized there’s another Henry trade topic near the top, sorry. Still probably best not to hijack his topic
Last edited by Mr. Wizard on Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team RealitySportsOnline League, Half-PPR, TEP, Half-PPFD

1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SFX **Years under contract in parentheses. Two extensions and one franchise tag available per year.**

QB: Mahomes (2), Burrow (2), Young (3)
HB: Saquon (3), Gibbs (4), Henry (1), Hunt (1), Mattison (1)
WR: Chase (3), Tyreek (4), Kupp (3), Aiyuk (4), Pierce (2)
TE: Kelce (2), Njoku (1)
IR:
Future Picks: 24 2nd, 3rd, 4th: 25 4th: 26 2nd, 3rd, 4th
--
12 Team Dynasty League, Half-PPR
1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1 SFX

QB: Hurts, Prescott, Geno,
HB: Bijan, Taylor, Conner, Gibson, B. Robinson, Herbert, Achane, Miller, Damien Harris,
WR: AJB, Allen, Jeudy, Nuk, Cooks, Davis, Claypool, Shakir
TE: Goedert, Knox, Dulcich, Otton
IR:
Future Picks: 1.06, 2.06, 3.05

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Derrick Henry pick value?

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:06 am

I really like what Henry does for your RB's and flex spots but I'm not sure you have the WR's to carry you all the way to a title. That being said, you know your league best and if you think Henry makes you an out and out contender, I would add him. I think he still has a year or two of elite production, but he is certainly closer to slowing down so your window needs to be now to justify the deal pending price.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 am

I think having Cook as your primary RB, followed by Montgomery and Sanders, pushes me more toward getting Henry here. Moore and Higgins isn't a stellar group, but as Gator said, if this pushes you to be a top contender I'd go for it depending on how much he wants.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Mr. Wizard
Starter
Starter

Postby Mr. Wizard » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:20 am

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:06 am I really like what Henry does for your RB's and flex spots but I'm not sure you have the WR's to carry you all the way to a title. That being said, you know your league best and if you think Henry makes you an out and out contender, I would add him. I think he still has a year or two of elite production, but he is certainly closer to slowing down so your window needs to be now to justify the deal pending price.
Yeah, if I don’t get Henry I can probably afford to make a run in free agency at Hopkins (had him last year but his contract was up). Adding Henry would rule that out but I could still add to the room. It’d be mid-tier players, though.

Same guy floated some MEGADEAL with Henry and Godwin, and that’s obviously interesting but I have no idea what he’d want there. Might bleed me dry and defeat the purpose.

1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SFX **Years under contract in parentheses. Two extensions and one franchise tag available per year.**

IR:
--

HB: Bijan, Taylor, Conner, Gibson, B. Robinson, Herbert, Achane, Miller, Damien Harris,
IR:

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:54 am

Blackstar110 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:20 am
Gator Sens wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:06 am I really like what Henry does for your RB's and flex spots but I'm not sure you have the WR's to carry you all the way to a title. That being said, you know your league best and if you think Henry makes you an out and out contender, I would add him. I think he still has a year or two of elite production, but he is certainly closer to slowing down so your window needs to be now to justify the deal pending price.
Yeah, if I don’t get Henry I can probably afford to make a run in free agency at Hopkins (had him last year but his contract was up). Adding Henry would rule that out but I could still add to the room. It’d be mid-tier players, though.

Same guy floated some MEGADEAL with Henry and Godwin, and that’s obviously interesting but I have no idea what he’d want there. Might bleed me dry and defeat the purpose.
Adding Hopkins could be just as beneficial. Again, it comes down to price for me with Henry and what it does to your overall build. If it's too much and hurts your build, Hopkins is a great fall back plan.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:08 am

I don't know all the league specifics, but as a general rule I don't like to acquire a high cap hit player for an early pick. If you hit that pick you have a youngg stud with a low cap hit #, there is a lot of value in that,
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Mr. Wizard
Starter
Starter

Postby Mr. Wizard » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:09 am

Hopkins AND keeping my pick sure has its appeal, certainly. However, given that it’s free agency I can’t guarantee landing him if someone wants to spend insane cash.
murphysxm wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:08 am I don't know all the league specifics, but as a general rule I don't like to acquire a high cap hit player for an early pick. If you hit that pick you have a youngg stud with a low cap hit #, there is a lot of value in that,
Yeah that’s super valid and typically my thought too. Only reason I’m considering it is because it’s Derrick Freakin Henry and he makes my team pretty spooky.

IR:
--

IR:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:14 am

Blackstar110 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:09 am
Yeah that’s super valid and typically my thought too. Only reason I’m considering it is because it’s Derrick Freakin Henry and he makes my team pretty spooky.
The 1.04 in a SF likely lands you Ja Marr Freakin Chase on a rookie deal
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Mr. Wizard
Starter
Starter

Postby Mr. Wizard » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:54 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:14 am
Blackstar110 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:09 am
The 1.04 in a SF likely lands you Ja Marr Freakin Chase on a rookie deal
Yeeaaah...

I guess I’m trying to guard against counting rookies as sure things, especially when held up against a player like Henry. But you’re not wrong, 1.04 could definitely be Chase, Harris, etc for like 1/5 of what Henry makes. Not to mention that’s more money to go try to get FAs like Hopkins. That’s why I haven’t pushed all in yet on Henry, but I do miss having two stellar top five HBs.

IR:
--

IR: