Rebuild or what are you thinking?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Rebuild or what are you thinking?

Postby srlarson » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:53 am

2020 Champs - Team 2 - SF, TE Premium, Empire so if win two years in a row league over.....So new owner in league is a huge Chiefs fan.....asked what it would take for Mahomes and Kelce......As you can see my team has holes...but won on Qb's Wr and TE's.....His team is the worst in the league...so would not be helping a contender.....Do you consider?

So to help a rebuild/reload......here are my thoughts...

Mahomes
Teddy (he has Darnold)
Kelce

For
Stafford
Garappalo
2022 1st

Thoughts...Grab Harris at 1.01 (I know it's a SF but hold on)
At 1.05 or 1.06 take take SF QB drafted to lock up 3rd QB
then take BPA.....at 1.06, 1.12 and 2.01 for depth - focus on RB's

New Lineup
Rogers, Stafford
Harris, Davis, 1.06
Adams, Allen, Kupp, Samuel,
Waller

Curious to hear thoughts if this actually makes me better....just not sure I can smoke and mirrors my rb's again...
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rebuild or what are you thinking?

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:20 am

The value is decent but I would rather hold and go for the title. Mahomes and Kelce are so valuable and while there is a ton in the package, there is only one known piece. Too much risk involved here in my opinion. Hold the two known huge assets.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:25 am

Removing all of the fluff and likely non-viable fantasy contributors by start of season, I’m seeing this as:

Mahomes/Kelce for Stafford/1.01/1.05/1.06/2.01/2022 1st

Losing Mahomes is always going to suck in SF, no two ways about it. Having Waller softens the blow on losing Kelce. Value-wise, this is an absurd return for Mahomes/Kelce if played right.

Now, playing it right would not include taking Harris at 1.01 for me. Take Lawrence at 1.01 and roll with Lawrence, Stafford, Rodgers, and Garoppolo at QB.

Take BPA at 1.05/1.06, you could come away with some 2 piece combo of Chase, Harris, Smith, Williams, and Etienne here as 1.01-1.03 are likely QBs.

2.01 is going to be a nice pick as well with the depth of the class (I like this class for depth more than I like the top end guys to be honest, outside of the QBs and Chase that is). I figure that after the top 3 QBs, the following picks are some mix of Chase, Harris, Smith, Etienne, Williams, Pitts, Waddle, Bateman, Lance, Jones...this puts one of these guys in play for you at 2.01, and that’s not even taking into consideration guys like Toney, either of the Moore’s, Gainwell, Carter, etc. who could vault up the board due to landing spot.

Adding in the 2022 1st is house money since Mahomes and Kelce maybe don’t make the other guy a competitor.

There is a fair bit of risk for certain, but all in all, I’m making this deal. However, I disagree on the stated game plan for after the deal. I could also very easily see wanting to hold and try to run it back, though the RB group does look like a hindrance to that goal as is.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:41 am

I don't like this whole plan.

1. The deal isn't bad but why blow up a competitive team in an empire league? Aren't you trying to win the grand prize asap?

Your current lineup is lacking RB but is great otherwise. Probably starting 2 QB, 2 RB and 2 TE every week. Then you would need 4 WR from the following group.
QB - Mahomes, Rodgers
RB - Connor/M Davis, N Hines/Cohen
WR - D Adams, K Allen, C.Kupp, w.Fuller, M Jones, D.Samuel, E.Sanders
TE - Waller, Kelce

I'd MUCH rather move Rodgers or Waller or a WR for a RB. Why give up Mahomes and Kelce for a bunch of unknowns when you just won it all?

2. If you must do the deal... 1.01 would be Lawrence, I'd negotiate around that. Meaning take out Stafford or Jimmy G for another piece. Then take the best RB at 5 and 6. Either way, you have to give up assets to gain RB here, so why not trade other pieces for them?

Float out Waller, Arod, Kupp, Deebo (really anyone else besides Mahomes/Kelce) and your picks in exchange for RB

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:50 am

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr)

Well if its an empire league, your goal is to win 2021 and end the league. Any moves you do should be to accomplish that goal.

QB - Mahomes, Rodgers,Bridgewater, Henne
QBs look set. I of course would like to upgrade bridgewater, but since you would only be playing a QB3 2x per year (during byes, assuming no injury) it shoudl not be a big priority.

RB - Connor, M Davis, N Hines, Barber, E Benjamin, R Calais, D Evans, T Ervin, T johnson, J Samuel, Snell, Cohen, T Ervin,
rough group. you have some backend RBs here. Davis could be good if Atlanta doens't invest in RB. Hines I like as a RB2, Eno is interesting if arizona doesn't bring anyone else in. Cohen could be interesting as well but Damien williams signing has be concerned for him.

WR - D Adams, K Allen, C.Kupp, w.Fuller, M Jones, D.Samuel, E.Sanders, M Callaway, K Cole, Zaccheaus
Looks solid.

TE - Waller, Kelce, D Schultz, Conklin
Kelce and Waller will anchor you. great group easily #1 group in the league by a lot

Picks: 1.12, 2.12, 3.12, 4.12
I'm assuming all 2022 picks.

These are the assetts you have to move for RB help.

Overall:
You have a hole at RB and maybe towards the back of your WR group. but nothing to be very concerned about. with RBs getting only 0.5PPR it hurts some of your RB2s (Hines, Cohen) but also hurts your opponents RBs.

Trade advice:
Mahomes
Teddy (he has Darnold)
Kelce

For
Stafford
Garappalo
2022 1st

Value wise this is not close to me. Give me Mahomes and Kelce all day.

Suggestion:
See if you can trade your 2022 and 2021 assets for RB help. The rest of your team you should not touch.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:58 am

I'm walking back anything in my previous post, but I somehow glossed over that this was an empire league despite you mentioning it and it being in the sig for the team. This would push me a bit more toward the hold side, but I still think your RB group is going to be a big stumbling block in repeating and ending things, so I still see the deal as being a way to even out the roster a bit. However, if you do keep Mahomes/Kelce, I would say that you'd have to find some way of boosting that RB group. If you really want to go all in on ending the league, I agree with abloom, sell off your depth pieces and 2021 and 2022 assets for a RB or 2.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:04 am

I'm with Jigga and abloom. Goal should be to win in 2021. You only need RBs as Waller takes the R/W/T flex and then use 2 WR for the other flexes. Any future assets you can trade for RB to help you make a run in 2021 should be the priority.

srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby srlarson » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:46 pm

issue being over the 1/2 the league will not trade with me...do to past champs....no matter what I offer.... so looking at this...we are still in the rough stages....either that or take RB's with every pick and hope Davis comes through and find something decent.....was totally dominate last year...but the CMC injury gave me Davis who was solid enough........so don't need a superstar....just a way to get 20pts a week from 2 RB's...... that and no injuries to my Qb's........thanks for the feed back....that's about where my head was....but try ing to be open to all possibilities....
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:08 am

srlarson wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:46 pm issue being over the 1/2 the league will not trade with me...do to past champs....no matter what I offer.... so looking at this...we are still in the rough stages....either that or take RB's with every pick and hope Davis comes through and find something decent.....was totally dominate last year...but the CMC injury gave me Davis who was solid enough........so don't need a superstar....just a way to get 20pts a week from 2 RB's...... that and no injuries to my Qb's........thanks for the feed back....that's about where my head was....but try ing to be open to all possibilities....
If no one will trade with you, just grab backup rbs that are one injury away then hope for an injury. Just like you did last year. You can still potentially win without any upgrades to positions.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01