Getting Miles!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

What side?

Miles Sanders, Mattison
95%
1.8, Irv, Shepard
5%

Total votes: 19

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Getting Miles!

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 am

About to do this trade like right now!

Anyone think I shouldn’t? Team 1 in sig

Give 1.8, Irv Smith, Shepard

Get Miles Sanders, Alexander Mattison
Last edited by OhSnapItsAnt on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, D Pierce, Monty, Herbert, McLaughlin
WR: Deebo, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, Jeudy, E Moore, Michael Wilson, Tutu
TE: Kinkaid, Schultz, Njoku

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Getting Miles!

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:48 am

I like the value here given your build. Even with his upside, Smith Jr. does nothing for your team and Shepard is a backend WR4 at best. Nice deal for you.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:05 pm

That's not much being added to 1.08 really, I'd make that deal for Sanders.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:16 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:48 am I like the value here given your build. Even with his upside, Smith Jr. does nothing for your team and Shepard is a backend WR4 at best. Nice deal for you.
I can switch Mattison with Hines, do you prefer one over the other?
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:17 pm

OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:16 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:48 am I like the value here given your build. Even with his upside, Smith Jr. does nothing for your team and Shepard is a backend WR4 at best. Nice deal for you.
Mattison has the size and skill set for a heavier workload in the right situation. I would much rather have him long term.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:22 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:17 pm
Mattison has the size and skill set for a heavier workload in the right situation. I would much rather have him long term.
I prefer Hines in PPR. Mattison is good but you're basically hoping for a Cook injury for him to be relevant. So it comes down to, do you want PPR flex upside on most weeks or do you prefer to hold the handcuff for an RB1?

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:24 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:22 pm

I prefer Hines in PPR. Mattison is good but you're basically hoping for a Cook injury for him to be relevant. So it comes down to, do you want PPR flex upside on most weeks or do you prefer to hold the handcuff for an RB1?
Same here! I like the idea that Mattison could get traded or land in a better spot the following season but he might also get stuck behind Cook forever too.. Hines looked like he could be a solid flex play.. do you think QB change hurts his production?
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr

bmac1481
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bmac1481 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:29 pm

I'd make that trade, 1.08 is good value. If you take Mattison, you could try to flip him to the Cook owner for an asset or pick. Hines you could keep or flex, or trade to JT owner
Team1 rebuild
12 team 6pt TD/.5ppr. 4pt passing TD... Superflex, 1-2QB, 2-3RB, 3-4WR, 1-2TE
Hurts,Young,Stroud,Pickett,Howell
Gibbs,Pacheco,Ford,C.Brown,Warren,Spiller
D.Smith,Olave,Pittman,Jamo,Bateman,Jeudy,Tillman
Pitts,Otton
24 1,1,2,3,4

SF,TE premium,IDP, 6pt pass td
Fields,Hurts,D.Jones,Tannehill,Trask
CMC,Jacobs,Allgeier,Spears,Carter,Mitchell
Chase,Diggs,Meyers,Dotson,Chark
Schultz,Juwan J,LaPorta
Garrett,Crosby,C.Jones,Simmons,L.Williams
D.White,Milano,Mosley,Jewell,Al-Shaair,Q.Walker,Barton
J.Thompson,Terrell,Byard,Hamilton

1QB,2-3RB,3-4WR,1-2TE,2-3DL,3-4LB,3-4DB
Mahomes,Burrow,M.Jones
Jacobs,Perine,Mason,Allgeier
Jeudy,Jamo,JuJu,Woods,Mingo,VScantling,Z.Jones,London,T.Thornton
Goedart,Fant
TJWatt,Buckner,J.Allen,B.Burns,Sweat,E.Oliver
I.Simmons,Grugier-Hill,Z.Collins,Owusu-Koramoah,D.Loyd,M.Walker
Awuzie,King,Murphy,Woolen,Cisco,Wilson,Winfield

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:31 pm

OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:24 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:22 pm

Same here! I like the idea that Mattison could get traded or land in a better spot the following season but he might also get stuck behind Cook forever too.. Hines looked like he could be a solid flex play.. do you think QB change hurts his production?
I can see the PPR flex side but I was looking more at the long term upside of Mattison if/when he moves on or Cook slows down. I think Hines will lose a ton of touches to Taylor this year even in the passing game but I could be off there.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:37 pm

I would rather have Mattison here. Yes, Hines may provide some pop games here and there, but I don't think anyone is going to feel great about having them in their weekly lineup outside of a very deep league. Give me the guy with workhorse traits who is likely a RB1 in case of injury or who could be one if given his own backfield. Then again, I like to play the biggest upside play when I'm playing with house money, and I think getting any RB back here with Sanders is house money.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:11 pm

I like the Hines/Mattison discussion, but OP should take this deal with either before it's not available lol

I definitely see why everyone is saying Mattison. He definitely has that RB1 upside, but I don't think it will ever happen. I doubt any team trades for him and he's signed in MIN through 2022. He's very cheap for them to backup Cook who is signed through 2025. Say Cook stays healthy and Mattison remains the backup, then what? Does he suddenly gain a starting role at 25? I dunno...

I still lean Hines due to PPR and he probably has RB1-2 upside if JT goes down, while also being relevant other weeks. I have made a living (not really) on filling in these types of RB into my lineup because of the RB horders in my leagues. McKissic, Ekeler (before the blow up), Duke, Theo Riddick...

Re: Indy QB change, Rivers was the check down king. No doubt he gave he RB a few extra targets. I don't think Wentz completely strays from that. He has been known to play hero ball and try to force the deep ball. My hope is Reich can reel him in and provide an easy, productive offense. That would include plenty of run game and short throws, which as a JT owner, Hines took a fair amount of those touches and even Wilkins was getting some. I think Hines will continue to be a factor most weeks

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:24 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:11 pm I like the Hines/Mattison discussion, but OP should take this deal with either before it's not available lol

I definitely see why everyone is saying Mattison. He definitely has that RB1 upside, but I don't think it will ever happen. I doubt any team trades for him and he's signed in MIN through 2022. He's very cheap for them to backup Cook who is signed through 2025. Say Cook stays healthy and Mattison remains the backup, then what? Does he suddenly gain a starting role at 25? I dunno...

I still lean Hines due to PPR and he probably has RB1-2 upside if JT goes down, while also being relevant other weeks. I have made a living (not really) on filling in these types of RB into my lineup because of the RB horders in my leagues. McKissic, Ekeler (before the blow up), Duke, Theo Riddick...

Re: Indy QB change, Rivers was the check down king. No doubt he gave he RB a few extra targets. I don't think Wentz completely strays from that. He has been known to play hero ball and try to force the deep ball. My hope is Reich can reel him in and provide an easy, productive offense. That would include plenty of run game and short throws, which as a JT owner, Hines took a fair amount of those touches and even Wilkins was getting some. I think Hines will continue to be a factor most weeks
I accepted earlier lol, thank you! I actually ended up with Mattison because he changed his mind about Hines! He decided he wanted to keep him!
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr