Thoughts on my roster for this year?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Systolic
Rookie
Rookie

Thoughts on my roster for this year?

Postby Systolic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:19 pm

Hey folks, I came in 2nd overall this year after being the highest scoring player overall, my team tanked championship week and my opponent went off. Thems the breaks I guess. So we are looking forward to this season, I have 1.09, and the guy who has 1.01 is strongly interested in Barkley. What moves do you think I should make to improve my roster at this point? Right now my plan is to either take whatever RB is left at 1.09, trade up to 1.01 and grab the best rookie RB (assuming I get a good haul for Barkley if I trade him), or pick the best QB available at 1.09, hopefully Lawrence. Any other thoughts or ideas? Thanks.
1PPR Dynasty, 6PT QB Passing and rushing TDs

1 QB/ 2RB/ 2 WR/ 2 Flex/ 1 TE/ 1 DE/ 1 LB/ 1 S/ 1 PK

QB: T Lawrence, D Jones, J Love, B Zappe
RB: JK Dobbins, G Edwards, S Barkley, C Huntley, E Mitchell, I Pacheco, D Pierce, D Swift, Z White
WR: D Adams, J Chase, J Waddle Deebo Samuel, K Allen, M Hollins, J Palmer, Dyami Brown, T Lockett, J Metchie
TE: M Gesicki, G Kittle, R Tonyan
DE: N Bosa, M Crosby, D Lawrence
LB: D Greenlaw, B Wagner, J Owusu-Koramoah
S: Vonn Bell, J Pitre, E Jackson, M Williams

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Thoughts on my roster for this year?

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:47 pm

Your team is really, really good and I would be looking to run it back and NOT trade Barkley (barring a ridiculous overpay of course)

You seem stocked at all positions and deep enough too

At 1.9 I have a hard time imagining the BPA is an RB (the top 3 RBs will be off I expect) and I have no issue selecting a WR at that spot (WR is likely the BPA if I had to guess)

I think RB depth is something to consider though and would look at shopping Juju, Deebo and Gesicki (not necessarily all of them--just guys I see as expendable on your roster) for some cheaper RBs with upside like Melvin Gordon, Fournette, Chris Carson and Damien Harris

At 2.9 it's murkier and harder to predict but I would look to perhaps shore up your backup QB spot with one of Fields/Wilson/Lance.

I like Daniel Jones more than most but Allen's rushing makes him a bit of an injury risk and I think it's just good practice to have a more reliable backup plan in case Jones disappoints this year and likely out of a starting job

On the good though you have elite groups at every position and depth everywhere but maybe RB yet I would NOT reach on an RB in a weak class that isn't particularly strong at the top (compared to past years) or deep

Don't take a Kenneth Gainwell or Michael Carter over a Bateman or Waddle just because of a landing spot and end up with two Keshawn Vaughns

An alternative strategy would be Lawrence at 1.9 and BPA (likely a WR) at 2.9 which I think could also have its benefits and be equally solid

Either way I think the answer is to trade for cheaper RB depth and draft at QB/WR--considering your later position

From my angle though you seem well positioned to win next year though

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:19 am

Solid build overall and your RB core could make a jump and be even better this year. I would hold Barkley unless you get the 1.01++. His injuries have been tough but I dont see the point in moving him for the top rookie RB unless you get another solid piece or two on top. I would go BPA with your picks and see how the draft falls without having a set idea really. I think you are primed for another run!

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:36 am

1 QB/ 2RB/ 2 WR/ 2 Flex/ 1 TE/ 1 IDP/ 1 PK/ 1 DEF/ standard scoring for def

Passing QBs get a slight boost.

QB: J Allen, D Jones, J Love
Love can probably be dropped if you need the space.

RB: S Barkley, C Edwards Helaire, J Taylor, T Coleman, B Hill, K Johnson, K Vaughn
Top 3 look great. I kind of like Vaughn as a stash. maybe he gets a bit more work in year 2.

WR: D Adams, K Allen, AJ Brown, John Brown, D Duvernay, B Edwards, D Samuel, R Woods, J Smith-Schuster, J Guyton

Again great top 3. No idea why Juju is so far in back of the line. Deebo and Edwards are promising as well

Kittle good, Gesicki and Tonyan nice #2s

IDP: B Wagner, J Smith
I don't do IDP, but I do know that if you are only starting 1/2 then they are a dime a dozen pretty much.

Overall:
I would not touch this team much, it looks like a championship contender. Obviously 2020 had some injuries hit 2 of your biggest guys in Barkley and Kittle. I'm not worried about Barkley, however kittle's injuries are starting to pile up a bit i think. As for your trade, I think it comes down to what else are you getting for Barkley. I'd pretty much need another RB with the 1.01 and I'm not sure thats really viable. As for who to draft at 1.09, simply draft best available. If thats a RB great, if not, no big deal. I don't think you need to draft Lawrence or any other QB if you have Allen in a 1QB. I'd much rather take a stab on a WR assuming Pitts, Harris, Etienee, and Williams aren't available.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:35 am

You have a really nice squad across the board. I don’t see any reason to make too many moves in terms of the top tier guys you have, outside of a massive overpay. I have to think this is going to be a very strong contender again this year.

I would just go BPA at 1.09, which likely shouldn’t be a RB unless one somehow slips that far. Drafting WRs rarely feels great due to hit rate here, but you’re also in that sweet spot where someone near you could reach for need and pushes a stud down your way.

At any rate, very nice team!
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

brobrien6
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby brobrien6 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:34 am

Definitely a team that can run it back next year with some luck. I always take BPA in the rookie drafts as my philosophy and then if they do not fit with my team build I can always move them later on. 1.09 should have some solid options depending on how people in your league view things. There should be some good receiving options there and if you like Lawrence a lot, he's a good match there. If you go with anyone but Lawrence in the first, that second rounder will get you one of those other first round QBs.

I would agree with everyone saying hold Barkley. This is a championship level team. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
12-Team, 30 roster spots and 3 Taxi spots| Start 10: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Dak, Tua, J. Fields, K. Cousins
RB: J. Williams, C. Akers, T. Etienne, K. Hunt, R. Penny, N. Hines, K. Vaughn, L. Perine, K. Herbert, Ty Johnson, T. Homer, C. Evans
WR: D. Metcalf, C. Lamb, K. Allen, R. Bateman, R. Gage, L. Shenault, J. Reagor, Q. Cephus, D. Brown,C. Conley, A. Schwartz
TE: K. Pitts, G. Everett, K. Yeboah
D/ST: LAC, TEN, NYJ
2022 picks: 1.04, 2.04, 3.08
2023 picks: 1st, 2nd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:20 am

Hold Barkley. You are built to compete. Getting younger isn't even an issue for you... Just hold unless you get an overpay

Buckhill Bombers
MVP
MVP

Postby Buckhill Bombers » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:45 am

Agree with what most have said. Keep Barkley. If anything find a CEH believer and move him.

Systolic
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Systolic » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:10 pm

Thanks everyone. I am worried about Barkley since he has been injured the last two years, but if the general consensus is that he is worth holding then I will.

1 QB/ 2RB/ 2 WR/ 2 Flex/ 1 TE/ 1 DE/ 1 LB/ 1 S/ 1 PK

QB: T Lawrence, D Jones, J Love, B Zappe
RB: JK Dobbins, G Edwards, S Barkley, C Huntley, E Mitchell, I Pacheco, D Pierce, D Swift, Z White
WR: D Adams, J Chase, J Waddle Deebo Samuel, K Allen, M Hollins, J Palmer, Dyami Brown, T Lockett, J Metchie
DE: N Bosa, M Crosby, D Lawrence
LB: D Greenlaw, B Wagner, J Owusu-Koramoah
S: Vonn Bell, J Pitre, E Jackson, M Williams

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:12 pm

Systolic wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:10 pm Thanks everyone. I am worried about Barkley since he has been injured the last two years, but if the general consensus is that he is worth holding then I will.
He may have missed games in 19, but he won many fantasy championships... Last year was unfortunate, but it happens

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:36 am

I wouldn't be worried at all if I were you. With a healthy Kittle you should do as good if not better this year.

Let what comes, come to you, be it trade offers or rookies i.e. best player available.