TRADE COMPLETED (FINALLY): Diggs or Higgins/Claypool?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

TRADE COMPLETED (FINALLY): Diggs or Higgins/Claypool?

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:23 am

I posted a similar question the other day regarding what combo of Gibson, Higgins, and Claypool might be a decent offer for Diggs to a rebuilding owner. I essentially put all 3 on the table and said they would be available, just not sure on what combo he'd be looking for. I kind of assumed Gibson would have to be involved, but he seems to like the Higgins/Claypool combo the best. It's not a hard offer yet, he just said it's the combo he's most intrigued by.

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something here for the team in my sig...would you move Higgins/Claypool for Diggs?
Last edited by krtbuckeye on Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Diggs or Higgins/Claypool?

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:24 am

Diggs is the best asset despite the upside of the pair. If you are a serious contender, Diggs is the way to go here being tied to Allen and a solid passing offense. Tough to loss Higgins, but Diggs might have found a more consistent home week to week.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:59 am

krtbuckeye wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:23 am ...would you move Higgins/Claypool for Diggs?
In a hummingbird heartbeat. It's almost too good to be true. It's not quite highway robbery, but he's getting robbed.

I like Higgins, but Diggs already is what we hope Higgins will become. There is certainty with Diggs and the uncertainty that maybe Higgins will never quite match Diggs.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:06 am

Now that I think about it, I wonder how eager I'd be to do a Lamb+ for Diggs. I know some people have Higgins as highly rated as Lamb, and maybe even higher. As much as I like Diggs, I'm not sure how much more I'd add to Lamb to get him. I guess that's how you feel about Higgins. it would kind of chafe to trade Higgins+ (or Lamb+) for Diggs, then watch them post basically the same stats for the next 5 years.

The easier part of the equation is that I don't view Claypool as an integral part of a contending team, especially your team. So if I thought that upgrading to Diggs would solidify my contender credentials, I wouldn't let the loss of Claypool stand in the way of the deal.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:03 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:06 am Now that I think about it, I wonder how eager I'd be to do a Lamb+ for Diggs. I know some people have Higgins as highly rated as Lamb, and maybe even higher. As much as I like Diggs, I'm not sure how much more I'd add to Lamb to get him. I guess that's how you feel about Higgins. it would kind of chafe to trade Higgins+ (or Lamb+) for Diggs, then watch them post basically the same stats for the next 5 years.

The easier part of the equation is that I don't view Claypool as an integral part of a contending team, especially your team. So if I thought that upgrading to Diggs would solidify my contender credentials, I wouldn't let the loss of Claypool stand in the way of the deal.
I like Higgins quite a bit, but I don't rate him quite as highly as Lamb, all other things equal. I agree about Claypool though. I like having him, but I'm not especially committed to him if it means landing a top 5 dynasty WR. Moving Higgins is tough, as a Bengals fan, but another part of my hang-up with moving Higgins was how insanely cheap I got him, so not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth (I gave Gallup and got Higgins/3rd after Gallup had a blow up game last year).
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:52 am

I wouldn't be so high-over-heels as others are about this trade. You have Adams, DK, and McLaurin already. With such a stacked WR room, I'll hold the youth of Higgins and Claypool over the elite production of Diggs. Looking at your team, you'll smash your league regardless. Starting Diggs in the WR3 slot is just a luxury.
Last edited by tsarpepe on Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

brobrien6
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby brobrien6 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:53 am

tsarpepe wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:52 am I wouldn't be so high-over-heels as others are about this trade. You have Adams, DK, and McLaurin already. With such a stacked WR room, I'll hold the youth of Higgins and Claypool over the elite production of Diggs.
This x2
12-Team, 30 roster spots and 3 Taxi spots| Start 10: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Dak, Tua, J. Fields, K. Cousins
RB: J. Williams, C. Akers, T. Etienne, K. Hunt, R. Penny, N. Hines, K. Vaughn, L. Perine, K. Herbert, Ty Johnson, T. Homer, C. Evans
WR: D. Metcalf, C. Lamb, K. Allen, R. Bateman, R. Gage, L. Shenault, J. Reagor, Q. Cephus, D. Brown,C. Conley, A. Schwartz
TE: K. Pitts, G. Everett, K. Yeboah
D/ST: LAC, TEN, NYJ
2022 picks: 1.04, 2.04, 3.08
2023 picks: 1st, 2nd

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: TRADE COMPLETED (FINALLY): Diggs or Higgins/Claypool?

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:27 pm

This deal finally got done. I got the other guy to add Gallup on to his side, so hopefully either he or Cooper leaves Dallas after 2021.

Final deal-

I gave: Higgins/Claypool
I got: Diggs/Gallup
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:03 am

I like it a lot!
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:12 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:03 am I like it a lot!
Thanks! I do to...I’ve kind of set my team up, from the top end starters to even trading off draft capital, to try to create a true dynasty in my main league. We voted to make the switch to SF this past offseason, but it doesn’t go into effect until the 2024 season (because we are able to trade picks out 3 years, any major format change has to be pushed past that as to not retroactively effect prior trade values). Once that went through, I figured I’d try to build something that has a 3-4 year window and see if I can string together a few more titles between now and then. My league massively overvalued RBs and QBs (for 1QB), so I’m hoping to cash in a few of my RBs for a retool down the line as their rookie contracts are expiring around the time we move to SF. Higgins and Claypool were kind of stashes for down the road, but I think Diggs gives me a better shot at more titles now. We’ll see how it goes!
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019