Drafting in 2 Days! Advice needed!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Drafting in 2 Days! Advice needed!

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:51 am

This is my second season in a full rebuild. Last year I traded assets to get six first round picks. Where I need advice is with the first four picks. Currently I have picks 1.01, 1.03, 1.04, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10. Since this is a draft occurring before the NFL draft, I want to make the best decisions possible. Below are a couple options I am considering:

Option 1
1.01 Etienne/Harris
1.03 Chase
1.04 Pitts (I have a huge need at tight end at the moment)

Option 2
1.01 Etienne/Harris
1.03 Pitts
1.04 Williams

Option 3
1.01 Etienne/Harris
1.03 Chase
1.04 Williams

I know the guy with the second pick will be taking whatever running back is left between Etienne and Harris. Also, the two owners picking at five and six want Pitts.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
10 team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/St) 27 man roster limit:
Qb Josh Allen, Joe Burrow
RB Jonathan Taylor, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Jk Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Eno Benjamin
WR Cooper Kupp, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Shuster, Brandon Aiyuk, Calvin Ridley (S), Zay Jones, Lavishka Shenault, Terrace Marshall,
TE George Kittle, Darren Waller, Pat Freiermuth
K Justin Tucker
Def/St Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers

Possibly competitive team
QB: DeShaun Watson, Daniel Jones, Cj Stroud
RB: Breece Hall, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, JaVonte Williams, Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Kenny McIntosh
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Romeo Doubs, Terrace Marshall, Justyn Ross, Kayshoun Boutte, Puka Nacka
TE: Kyle Pitts, Zach Ertz, Darren Waller, Tucker Kraft
K: Justin Tucker
D/St: Bills, Bucs

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Drafting in 2 Days! Advice needed!

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:01 am

I like option 1, but would consider another WR over Pitts. The league seems very small though being 10 teams and 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX. I'd be shopping those picks for studs. You are pretty well off at RB and fine at QB for now, but you need a WR who can score in bunches as well as TE. Maybe Chase and Pitts are those guys, but a proven player would be ab awesome get.

As crazy as it sounds... Lawrence should probably be a high pick in this league. If there's only so many starters, I'd want the ones scoring the most points, aka QB, to be my best. Baker/Ben is fine but I'd be looking for more upside.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:04 am

how sure are you that 1.02 will be a RB? if you are, then i'd take harris, chase and pitts. if you aren't that sure, then i'd go chase, probably smith (not a fan of etienne) and pitts. given the draft if before the nfl draft, i like to go for the best real life prospects.

edit: i missed the ridiculously shallow starting requirements. i agree with Jigga that lawrence enters the conversation. i may even go chase, pitts, lawrence: upside should be the most important thing to focus on.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:20 am

I'd personally go Chase at 1.01, but if you are certain that he's taking RB left between Harris/Etienne at 2, then I'm going Harris at 1 and Chase 3, Pitts at 4 is fine imo. Drafting before the NFL draft I feel like your early picks you want guys that you know are going to be good regardless of situation. Pitts is a no brainer there. I'd use your later picks to hammer WRs and maybe RB (could certainly see QB also with some of those).
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:25 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:01 am I like option 1, but would consider another WR over Pitts. The league seems very small though being 10 teams and 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX. I'd be shopping those picks for studs. You are pretty well off at RB and fine at QB for now, but you need a WR who can score in bunches as well as TE. Maybe Chase and Pitts are those guys, but a proven player would be ab awesome get.

As crazy as it sounds... Lawrence should probably be a high pick in this league. If there's only so many starters, I'd want the ones scoring the most points, aka QB, to be my best. Baker/Ben is fine but I'd be looking for more upside.
Just to clarify, as I realize It wasn’t motioned in my sig, the TE position gets .15 PPR. I am hoping that Lawrence will be there at 7.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
10 team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/St) 27 man roster limit:
RB Jonathan Taylor, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Jk Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Eno Benjamin
WR Cooper Kupp, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Shuster, Brandon Aiyuk, Calvin Ridley (S), Zay Jones, Lavishka Shenault, Terrace Marshall,
K Justin Tucker

RB: Breece Hall, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, JaVonte Williams, Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Kenny McIntosh
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Romeo Doubs, Terrace Marshall, Justyn Ross, Kayshoun Boutte, Puka Nacka

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:27 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:04 am how sure are you that 1.02 will be a RB? if you are, then i'd take harris, chase and pitts. if you aren't that sure, then i'd go chase, probably smith (not a fan of etienne) and pitts. given the draft if before the nfl draft, i like to go for the best real life prospects.

edit: i missed the ridiculously shallow starting requirements. i agree with Jigga that lawrence enters the conversation. i may even go chase, pitts, lawrence: upside should be the most important thing to focus on.
I am 100% sure he is taking a running back because of the multiple texts I get from him asking which running back I am taking, and his only starter at running back is Phillip Lindsay.

I am not a very big Smith guy, and would prefer to wait until later in the round to grab receivers.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
K Justin Tucker

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:28 am

Great place to be in the draft in a rebuild! I would be looking to come out with: Chase, Smith, RB, Waddle and Lawrence (if you own a couple 2nds). Pitts would be an interesting add depending on where you would have to take him based on the possibly of how much you could flip him for before even playing a down. His value is off the charts with all the hype.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:31 am

ThatGuyBrian wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:25 am the TE position gets .15 PPR.
quite negligible. the shallow starting requirements bump TEs' values more than .15 points per catch.

ThatGuyBrian wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:25 amI am not a very big Smith guy
he isn't either!
however, i see chase/smith/harris/pitts as top tier talents, and the rest doesn't even get close to exciting for me, so i would prioritize "those players" over "position", especially with your lineups.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:42 am

Since you are pretty certain 1.02 is going RB; I would go with Harris at 1.01, Chase at 1.03 (though Chase is my 1.01 in the class and I'd have a hard time leaving him to chance being taken at 1.02 still), and Lawrence at 1.04. Yes, it's 10 team non-SF, but with such shallow starting req's it would seem imperative to me to have such a high ceiling potential option at QB. I wouldn't leave this to chance at 1.07 personally, but you have a better read on how your league values QBs than I do.

I have a hard time getting on board with drafting a TE as high as 1.04, so I can't really get behind Pitts, but I could see coming away with Harris, Chase, and Lawrence as ideal. However, if pushing Lawrence to 1.07, I would try to go Harris, Chase, and Smith.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:05 am

I think the people knocking Pitts at 1.04 is fine, but again look at the starting requirements. Instead of starting 2RB and 2+WR like the standard, it's 1 each... That makes it similar to SF or 2TE leagues, in which most are talking Lawrence/Pitts at 1/2.

Starting 5 players in a 10 team league? Give me the upside players.

Still not against floating those picks for studs. Not sure how active trading your league is though

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:47 am

Am I reading this correct you start 1 rb 1 wr 1 flex? In 10 team? wouldn’t touch wr until round 2, this is a crazy format! Honestly Trade your picks for elite players youth is irrelevant in this format.

If you’re sitting tight and picking and know he’s going rb 1.02 take your pick of rb at 1.01 and take Lawrence and pitts and 3 and 4
Last edited by Mtt33 on Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Horn1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Horn1 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:48 am

Harris
Chase
Lawrence
Bateman
Marshall
Gainwell

IMO, Don't f*ck up & wait to draft Trevor Lawrence.

You need a QB & he's about as a sure thing as it gets.

TE? I wouldnt waste a pick on Pitts.
12 man league

Half PPR, Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1TE, 2 Flex
1 K, 4 IDP

QB: Herbert, Baker

RB: Bijon R, Javonte W, D Swift, K Miller, Allgeire

WR: Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, Diontae J, G. Pickens, Jeudy, K Shakir

TE: Goedert

IDP (start 4): Oluokun, Kayvon T, Will Anderson

'24 Picks: All intact...1.05, 2.05, etc

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:08 am

Ok again, I realized my error. We have to start at least two receivers. Apologize for the confusion.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
K Justin Tucker

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:11 am

ThatGuyBrian wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:08 am Ok again, I realized my error. We have to start at least two receivers. Apologize for the confusion.
You have to start at least 2 WR's, or you can start 2 WRs? Could you maybe update the starting req's in your sig to just the starting roster spots instead of the whole 1-2 this or that deal?
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:15 am

krtbuckeye wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:11 am
ThatGuyBrian wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:08 am Ok again, I realized my error. We have to start at least two receivers. Apologize for the confusion.
You have to start at least 2 WR's, or you can start 2 WRs? Could you maybe update the starting req's in your sig to just the starting roster spots instead of the whole 1-2 this or that deal?
Sorry, I just saw you updated as I was typing LOL

Ok, I could still maybe see going Chase here, but Pitts' upside given the starting req's make a lot more sense to me now. In thinking about it a bit more, I'm actually liking the idea of trying to trade off most of this draft capital for studs. I'd still like to come away with Lawrence, but with these starting req's, you could potentially turn this into a competitor pretty quickly if the rest of your league gets rookie fever.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019