Kyle Pitts... consensus 1.03 by August

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Kyle Pitts... consensus 1.03 by August

Postby PBFalcon » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:14 am

This is really just a statement/prediction that by August Kyle Pitts is going to be the consensus 1.03 and he will even make some appearances at the 1.01 and 1.02 in many drafts.
I think that after the NFL draft, the team that drafts Pitts will make it clear they're going to use him as a wide receiver/weapon. I have read draft profiles of him comparing his freakishness to Megatrons.
I mean if Pitts entered the NFL draft as a wide receiver I think it's a 50/50 coin flip whether him or chase goes first.
Just my thoughts. Let's see what happens.

PS.. I have the 1.03 and if he makes it to me I am taking that man
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kyle Pitts... consensus 1.03 by August

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:02 am

The Pitts hype train is off the tracks and out of control. I don't disagree with what you are saying based on the hype and I think a lot of owners are going to be reaching for him.

robinoso
Starter
Starter

Postby robinoso » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:10 am

Pitts is somebody I’d take a huge swing on if my team was in a decent position and had an early pick from a trade. If I’m rebuilding, I’d probably already a different piece or trade to another hyped owner if at the pick otc.
10 Team .5 PPR 1QB
QB,RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T

QB: Herbert, Rodgers, Kyler, Watson, Howell
RB: Bijan, Achane, Barkley, Allgeier, Breida, Gainwell, Strong, Tucker
WR: AJB, Adams, Wilson, Hill, Higgins, Reed, JSN,, T. Marshall, Boutte, Arob, Ross
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Waller, Bellinger

No 24 or 25 picks other than 4th and 5th each year.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:43 am

I listened to a couple of podcasts and read a couple of articles about rookie draft TE projections and outcomes. I don't think any of the top-ranked TE prospects of the past two decades ever turned in a top2 TE fantasy season. Ever. In their career.

I agree with your prediction based on the hype. And I agree that I might end up buying a Pitts lottery ticket in the 1st round - though not with a Top5 pick. But I don't have a lot of confidence that he'll ever prove worthy of such a high pick.

Right now, I have more faith in the top 3 RB and top 4 WRs than I do Pitts. I believe Javonte is going to be a fantasy producer. I hope Pitts can be one. I like Pitts, but I'm going to have to see him do it on the NFL before I really believe it.

I'd much rather have a rookie that becomes the RB11 than the one who becomes a perennial TE5
Last edited by Anteaters on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:59 am

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2014/ ... tight-end/
Here is one article that looked at the TEs drafted from 2003-2012

That I recall, none of the 1st rounders of that decade ever turned in a Top3 season in their career. Three of the 2nd rounders did a little better, but if you take out Gronk, the 2nd rounders look just as average-good as the 1st rounders.

Pitts' fantasy success far from certain. But the hype is definitely real!
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:59 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:43 am I listened to a couple of podcasts and read a couple of articles about rookie draft TE projections and outcomes. I don't think any of the top-ranked TE prospects of the past two decades ever turned in a top2 TE fantasy season. Ever. In their career.

I agree with your prediction based on the hype. And I agree that I might end up buying a Pitts lottery ticket in the 1st round - though not with a Top5 pick. But I don't have a lot of confidence that he'll ever prove worthy of such a high pick.

Right now, I have more faith in the top 3 RB and top 4 WRs than I do Pitts. I believe Javonte is going to be a fantasy producer. I hope Pitts can be one. I like Pitts, but I'm going to have to see him do it on the NFL before I really believe it.
Good numbers here Anteaters.

I have been stuck on guys in the past in rookie drafts and fully understand wanting a specific player on a team as dynasty is supposed to be fun, and it helps to have players you like, but the Pitts hype is out of control in my opinion. Very few TE's pan out or are relevant at all in fantasy. Currently there are three that make any difference week to week, even Andrews and Hockenson are not consistent. Drafting Pitts anywhere in the top half of the 1st round is a massive reach and not a great pick depending on format. I have been wrong many times though and obviously no one knows if he is the next Kelce. If he is, obviously a top 5 pick is well warranted. Landing spot will be key as well as the right system could really help him grow. I see a lot of similarities to Njoku in Pitts and I think Njoku was halted by where he plays.

All that being said, get your guy if he is your guy and have fun with it!! This coming from a guy who took Jeudy and Lamb #1 and #3 overall last draft.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:03 am

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:59 amAll that being said, get your guy if he is your guy and have fun with it!!
I definitely agree with that. If you believe in a guy, you should go get that guy, just like in the NFL. He might end up being Wentz but he also might end up being Mahomes.

I'd rather get the guy I want (even if he becomes a wasted pick), rather than let someone else talk me out of the next superstar.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:11 am

If your a passenger on the Pitts hype train, I say go for it. Get your guy and root for him all the way? The game is meant to be fun over anything else IMO. That said, there is no way I'm spending more than a back end mid 1st on a rookie TE. I follow the numbers, and am happy to eat crow when proven wrong, but that's an L I'm willing to take if Pitts turns into the next Megatron. On the high end of realistic hype, he becomes Kelce, but at an even younger age than Kelce broke out (year 2, at 25...then really picked up the TD volume to go with yardage and rec's in 2017 at 28). Even if that were a 100% guarantee, I still wouldn't think he'd be the consensus 1.01 this year. I like Pitts, and was targeting him with 1.06 before I dealt it, but the hype is just reaching a goofy stage at this point though.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Indyfan1985
Starter
Starter

Postby Indyfan1985 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:08 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:03 am
Gator Sens wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:59 amAll that being said, get your guy if he is your guy and have fun with it!!
I definitely agree with that. If you believe in a guy, you should go get that guy, just like in the NFL. He might end up being Wentz but he also might end up being Mahomes.

I'd rather get the guy I want (even if he becomes a wasted pick), rather than let someone else talk me out of the next superstar.
Cracking on Wentz huh? I’m willing to bet Carson will reinvigorate his stellar QB play in Indy now that he has a competent GM and HC to surround him with a successful team.
2 QB PPR 10 Team League

2018 Champ, 2019 Champ

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert
WR - Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill
RB - Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor
TE - George Kittle
Flex - Joe Mixon, Ceedee Lamb

Notable Bench Players - AJ Dillon, Kareem Hunt, Michael Thomas, OBJ, Calvin Ridley, Diontae Johnson, Brandon Aiyuk, Darnell Mooney, Elijah Moore, Teddy Bridgewater, Trey Lance, Kyle Pitts, Isaiah Spiller

2023 Draft picks - 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2

2 QB, 2 TE PPR 8 Team League

QB - Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
WR - Stefon Diggs, Jamar Chase
RB - CMC, Jonathan Taylor
TE - TJ Hockenson, Dallas Goedert
Flex - AJ Brown, DJ Moore , De'Andre Swift

Notable Bench Players - Nyheim Hines, Keenan Allen, Ceedee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Calvin Ridley, Michael Pittman Jr, Darnell Mooney, Kadarius Toney, Baker Mayfield, Trey Lance, Davis Mills, Noah Fant, Evan Engram

2022 Draft picks - 2, 3
2023 Draft picks - 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:26 am

PBFalcon wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:14 am This is really just a statement/prediction that by August Kyle Pitts is going to be the consensus 1.03 and he will even make some appearances at the 1.01 and 1.02 in many drafts.
I think that after the NFL draft, the team that drafts Pitts will make it clear they're going to use him as a wide receiver/weapon. I have read draft profiles of him comparing his freakishness to Megatrons.
I mean if Pitts entered the NFL draft as a wide receiver I think it's a 50/50 coin flip whether him or chase goes first.
Just my thoughts. Let's see what happens.

PS.. I have the 1.03 and if he makes it to me I am taking that man
I don't think he will be at 1.03 in terms of ADP, which to me is the real consensus, and much lower than that in superflex. I do think there will be people that take him as high as 1.01 though. RB and QB get pushed up every year after the NFL draft. We're already seeing that with the QB because their landing spots are more predictable. We're going to see the top 3 RB shoot up if they get day 1/2 draft capital and have a clear path to starting. It happens every year. This time last year, Burrow was a locked and loaded 1.01 and CEH was mid 1st.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:05 am

Indyfan1985 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:08 am
Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:03 am

Cracking on Wentz huh? I’m willing to bet Carson will reinvigorate his stellar QB play in Indy now that he has a competent GM and HC to surround him with a successful team.
I'm not crossing Wentz off as a end-of-career loser. I think he still has a chance to be a viable fantasy QB. However, I think anyone who drafted Wentz in the 1st or even 2nd round of his rookie draft feels like it was a bad pick.

Then again, looking back at that draft, it was not a good year for QBs. Goff, Wentz, then Paxton Lynch and Hackenburg? OUCH!
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:12 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:59 am https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2014/ ... tight-end/

That I recall, none of the 1st rounders of that decade ever turned in a Top3 season in their career. Three of the 2nd rounders did a little better, but if you take out Gronk, the 2nd rounders look just as average-good as the 1st rounders.

I get what you are saying, but the game has changed a lot and I'm not sure how relevant TE data from 8-15 years ago is in today's game.

I know FantasyPros did a Superflex dynasty mock with Kyle and Ray, and Ray took Pitts at the 1.05 in a non TE premium league. I think this is a guy that you are going to have to reach on early if you want him. Otherwise be happy taking someone that has fallen.

Bulletproof
Starter
Starter

Postby Bulletproof » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:10 pm

I got burned terribly by the OJ Howard, Evan Engram, and Njoku hype train a few years ago. Never again for me
12 Team Superflex Best Ball PPR TEP +1.5
QB: Lawrence, Kyler Murray, O’Connell
RB: Gibbs, Etienne, Javonte Williams, Chase Brown
WR: London, Tank Dell, Pickens JSN, Michael Wilson, Quentin Johnston
TE: McBride, Dulcich

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:27 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:12 am
Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:59 am https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2014/ ... tight-end/

I get what you are saying, but the game has changed a lot and I'm not sure how relevant TE data from 8-15 years ago is in today's game.

I know FantasyPros did a Superflex dynasty mock with Kyle and Ray, and Ray took Pitts at the 1.05 in a non TE premium league. I think this is a guy that you are going to have to reach on early if you want him. Otherwise be happy taking someone that has fallen.
It's easy to make that decision in a mock when you have every other pick. How many people with an early pick have the luxury of taking on that kind of a risk?

atlmoneyman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby atlmoneyman » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:02 am

Bulletproof wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:10 pm I got burned terribly by the OJ Howard, Evan Engram, and Njoku hype train a few years ago. Never again for me
I wasn’t playing dynasty football back then. Was the hype on those guys as high as it is on Pitts in 2021?