Kyle Pitts... consensus 1.03 by August

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Kyle Pitts... consensus 1.03 by August

Postby HughHoney » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:16 pm

atlmoneyman wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:02 am
Bulletproof wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:10 pm I got burned terribly by the OJ Howard, Evan Engram, and Njoku hype train a few years ago. Never again for me
I wasn’t playing dynasty football back then. Was the hype on those guys as high as it is on Pitts in 2021?
Howard and Njoku were late firsts in my leagues and Engram early second. Ebron was another mid to late first. Is your league TE premium and no SF? If not Pitts is not going to approach that draft slot for me.

atlmoneyman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby atlmoneyman » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:33 pm

HughHoney wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:16 pm
Bulletproof wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:10 pm I got burned terribly by the OJ Howard, Evan Engram, and Njoku hype train a few years ago. Never again for me
I wasn’t playing dynasty football back then. Was the hype on those guys as high as it is on Pitts in 2021?
Howard and Njoku were late firsts in my leagues and Engram early second. Ebron was another mid to late first. Is your league TE premium and no SF? If not Pitts is not going to approach that draft slot for me.

SF and TEP (1.5 PPR for TEs)
(the team in my signature)

I have the 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03. Not sure what I’m going to do with them yet after going Trevor Lawrence at 1.01. Working to trade down a few picks from 1.03 since I don’t have a specific need that needs to be filled at 1.02 or 1.03. TE is not a strong position but not convinced that 1.03 is the place to address that. Looking forward to seeing where the rookies go so the rookie draft decisions will be easier. .

Bulletproof
Starter
Starter

Postby Bulletproof » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:14 pm

OJ Howard went 1.07, Njoku 1.08 and Engram 2.01 in my 1QB TE premium league and there was considerable hype well past their rookie years. All of them went ahead of Alvin Kamara which I landed at 2.04
12 Team Superflex Best Ball PPR TEP +1.5
QB: Lawrence, Kyler Murray, O’Connell
RB: Gibbs, Etienne, Javonte Williams, Chase Brown
WR: London, Tank Dell, Pickens JSN, Michael Wilson, Quentin Johnston
TE: McBride, Dulcich

DynastyDynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDynasty » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:12 pm

[/quote]

My league is a non-SF, TE premium. For the team in the sig, would you consider using my 1.03 on him?
12 Team, PPR, TE Premium, IDP, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1Flex
QB-Mahomes,Ryan,Roeth
RB-McCaffrey,Kamara,J.Wilson,Jam.Williams,Hines,S.Perine,Hubbard
WR-Hill,Ridley,Golladay,Thielen,Godwin,Boyd,Hardman,Campbell,Coutee,Patrick
TE-Kittle,Pitts,Dwelley,Butler,Reyes
DL-Hunter,Ogbah,Graham,Q.Williams,Paye
LB-Leonard,Wagner,David,Reddick,Morrow,D.Davis,Thompson,W.Gay,Mosley
DB-Curl,Ryan,Clark,Phillips
2021 Draft-1.03=K. Pitts,2.03=A.Thielen+,2.05=C.Hubbard,3.06=K.Paye,3.07,4.07,&5.03=D. Leonard
Championships-2018 & 2020

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:15 pm

HughHoney wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:16 pm
For reference, for my Team 1 in sig. I believe Howard went late first round. I had the 2.04 and went with Njoku. At the 2.11 I went with Engram, thinking I'd locked-up two future TE1's and was thrilled Engram fell that far. I still don't regret those draft picks, and still believe in Engram moving forward, especially if he gets away from Daniel Jones.

If I'm honest, things haven't worked out as I'd hoped thus far. But my belief was that of the two TE's, I'd end up with one worth keeping. That still could end up being the case, though it hasn't worked out quite as good as I'd hoped.

I'd say that as far as the hype goes, my recollection is that Howard was seen as the most likely to become the "next Gronk". While Engram and Njoku were viewed as developmental players that could eventually move into the top tier of TE's. So far, that hasn't worked out as planned.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:54 am

I am hoping to get him on some rebuilding squads because I have enough draft capital over the next few years to absorb taking a swing on him. I can draft other positions in enough volume to find viable guys but finding a potentially elite TE is such a potential advantage that I am willing to take the chance.

In 2 years, when I am aiming to round those rosters into contenders, Kelce and Waller will be starting to age out and Pitts represents the potential to offer the biggest positional advantage in dynasty, especially since I play in 16 team leagues.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

Huddle3233
Captain
Captain

Postby Huddle3233 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:47 am

Every player is different but I have a hard time taking TE’s that early. I drafted Ebron & promised myself I wouldn’t go TE 1st rd again. But Pitts seems to be more of a wr. Actually reminds me of Cordarelle Patterson.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:14 am

Huddle3233 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:47 am Actually reminds me of Cordarelle Patterson.
That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of a comparison. :mrgreen: More like a reason to hold off until the 3rd round.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser