What to do with 1.05?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

What to do with 1.05?

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:15 am

I'm currently in a full rebuild so my roster is garbage. I have the 1.01 and 1.05 in the upcoming draft.

The way I see it there's a clear tier of 4 at the top: Najee, ETN, Williams, Chase (no particular order).

After that I'd be torn on who to pick at 5... Smith, Bateman, R Moore, Waddle, Pitts, etc.

Should I try to trade up from 1.05 to 1.04? If so would the right strategy be to take Chase at 1 and then one of the RBs at 1.04?

Or do I trade back from 1.05? OR do I wait until after the NFL draft to make any moves?

I understand there's no right answer here, just trying to have a conversation and get opinions from others. Thanks.
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What to do with 1.05?

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:24 am

I could see adding 1 RB and 1 WR depending on landing spots. Your build is a little way out, so adding two RB's is tricky in case you are not contender for another couple years. Their value and production can drop way too quickly in a full rebuild. RB would be my last focus in a rebuild personally. Chase and Smith are my 1 and 2 in this class and I would go that route. Your WR core is already solid, so if you think two top RB prospects vaults you into a contending role in the next year, I can see the lean to go that route. I'm not nearly as high on Etienne or Williams as most though.

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:56 am

If you're rebuilding, I wouldn't be giving up assets to move up. I think you'd be in position to take Pitts without having to worry about needing immediate production if you are a Pitts believer.
Trading back is ultimately your best move if everyone is pretty much equal for you after the top 4 you mentioned.

brobrien6
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby brobrien6 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:45 am

Im in a similar rebuild as well. i think you have to stick with Chase at 1.01 since you are a few years out and for me he's at the top of my board anyway. I would stay at 1.05 and take anyone that falls from that 4, but if not I would look at Bateman or Pitts. Pitts is interesting since TE typically take time to develop and you do have that time. I personally lean towards Bateman pre-landing spot however.
12-Team, 30 roster spots and 3 Taxi spots| Start 10: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Dak, Tua, J. Fields, K. Cousins
RB: J. Williams, C. Akers, T. Etienne, K. Hunt, R. Penny, N. Hines, K. Vaughn, L. Perine, K. Herbert, Ty Johnson, T. Homer, C. Evans
WR: D. Metcalf, C. Lamb, K. Allen, R. Bateman, R. Gage, L. Shenault, J. Reagor, Q. Cephus, D. Brown,C. Conley, A. Schwartz
TE: K. Pitts, G. Everett, K. Yeboah
D/ST: LAC, TEN, NYJ
2022 picks: 1.04, 2.04, 3.08
2023 picks: 1st, 2nd

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:36 pm

I really wouldn't be looking to add RBs at this point. I would keep building up everywhere else as much as possible then see where you can strike for RBs down the line for future draft capital and ancillary players. I definitely wouldn't be trying to consolidate assets to move up at this point.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:11 pm

Does the thought process re: WR or RB change in a keep 7 league?
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:39 pm

Chase+Bateman==Rebuild a third of the way over

IMO at least

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dhanks91 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:55 pm

brobrien6 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:45 am Im in a similar rebuild as well. i think you have to stick with Chase at 1.01 since you are a few years out and for me he's at the top of my board anyway. I would stay at 1.05 and take anyone that falls from that 4, but if not I would look at Bateman or Pitts. Pitts is interesting since TE typically take time to develop and you do have that time. I personally lean towards Bateman pre-landing spot however.
I’m in the same boat with team 1 in sig. I am in between Bateman and Williams. I don’t see much difference in the top 3 rbs so I would rather target Williams at 1.05 over Harris or Etienne at 1.01. Bateman is a good option as long as he doesn’t end up in Baltimore.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:13 pm

In a rebuild, you want to accrue value as quickly as possible. I think the people telling you to take Chase at 1.01 over an RB are doing so on the assumption that you’re going to keep that player for several seasons. The reality is that RBs accrue value much more rapidly, so as long as you’re willing to trade them after a big season or two, taking an RB is still the best strategy for your rebuild.

Look at it this way: let’s say you had the 1.01 last year and a crystal ball to see into the future. Are you taking JT or Jefferson? Jefferson had arguably the best rookie year ever by a WR and outscored JT, but you’d be hard pressed to find a JT owner who would flip him straight up for Jefferson. Both players represent the best possible outcome (or damn close to it) for a rookie at their respective positions, but JT is still worth a decent amount more.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0