Is it a smart idea?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Is it a smart idea?

Postby cvbuc » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:14 am

Contrarian opinion...
You're selling low on Zeke after his worst season in a year without Zak. He'll net more midseason or a few weeks into the season.
Same with Hopkins.

I never think now is the best time to move stars. Rookie fever degrades their values so much in March-June.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:48 am

cvbuc wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:14 am Contrarian opinion...
You're selling low on Zeke after his worst season in a year without Zak. He'll net more midseason or a few weeks into the season.
Same with Hopkins.

I never think now is the best time to move stars. Rookie fever degrades their values so much in March-June.
I expect Zeke to have a good year but even a full year of top production won't raise his value all that much, if any. At that point, he'll be going into his yr 27 season and ppl aren't going to pay for that.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:25 pm

I would make this deal unless I was an out and out favorite for 2021 and Zeke and Hopkins are indispensable to that staying true.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:06 pm

bigbuck22 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:21 am
zaner75 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:06 am Do you rate yourself as a top 3 team this year? If not, I'd make the offer.
It's basically two 12 team leagues thrown together. We all play each other during the season but come playoff time, there's an AFC and NFC. I'm top 3 on my side but also a couple of strong teams on the other side.

1 copy of each player in AFC and 1 in NFC
I run a redraft league like this, except it's 14 teams per conference and the conferences do no play each other until the championship game. But this season, I'm considering one or two interconference games per team. It's already great fun, but that would possibly make it even more fun.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:30 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:06 pm
bigbuck22 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:21 am
zaner75 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:06 am Do you rate yourself as a top 3 team this year? If not, I'd make the offer.
It's basically two 12 team leagues thrown together. We all play each other during the season but come playoff time, there's an AFC and NFC. I'm top 3 on my side but also a couple of strong teams on the other side.

1 copy of each player in AFC and 1 in NFC
I run a redraft league like this, except it's 14 teams per conference and the conferences do no play each other until the championship game. But this season, I'm considering one or two interconference games per team. It's already great fun, but that would possibly make it even more fun.
We play one team from each conference every week so you have two matchups. We go by Victory Points. Wins are worth victory points as are how you ranked in the league in points scored each week...ex. if you were 3rd in points scored out of 24 teams but lost both matchups cuz you played the top two guys, you'd still get some vp and not get totally screwed.

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:24 pm

Same with Hopkins.

I agree with this. Offseason is empty time, and so this is when most owners have time to plan various moves. But this also happens to be the worse time to sell vets. I do like your thinking, but I'd wait until the season to execute the plan.

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:16 pm

tsarpepe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:24 pm
Same with Hopkins.

I agree with this. Offseason is empty time, and so this is when most owners have time to plan various moves. But this also happens to be the worse time to sell vets. I do like your thinking, but I'd wait until the season to execute the plan.
This would all be accurate if Hop's value and CD's values stay the exact same, which they likely won't. Hop's advanced metrics seem to indicate he's slowing down and the main thing holding him in that top 5 is volume. I'm not saying that's the case, but if has a 10th place finish, his value will drop regardless, and is never going back up due to age. Lamb on the other hand, will likely have a top 15ish season and his value is only going to spike even more than it has now. He was receiving big volume while Dak was on the field and that should only improve with a full season under his belt. Zeke is a stud for sure, but his value isn't going up much even if he has a top 5 season. 1.06 you can most likely grab Javonte which will almost replace Zeke's production (if he lands in even a relatively decent spot) and he'll be around a lot longer than Zeke too.

Once Lamb comes out the gate strong, which I think we can agree on that he will, no Lamb owner would accept this offer. We're basically hoping Zeke and Hop maintain their levels of production for this to not be a good deal, which I'm not so sure I'd bet on. I'd rather put my money on Lamb having great season and Zeke starting to break down after popping too much molly and getting high on stream during the off season. Any time I'm 50/50 about a RB approaching the age/value/production apex, it's time to sell. David Johnson, Lev Bell, Devonta Freeman owners can tell you this firsthand.