Draft/Cuts

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
robinoso
Starter
Starter

Draft/Cuts

Postby robinoso » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:38 pm

I know it’s that time of year, so wanted to get thoughts.

25 man roster, 3 taxi. Who are your immediate cuts?

Been trying to send packages to decrease player/picks to avoid being too fat. This league is going to take severe over pays on picks as most put value on player potential and picks less exciting past 1st.
10 Team .5 PPR 1QB
QB,RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T

QB: Herbert, Rodgers, Kyler, Watson, Howell
RB: Bijan, Achane, Barkley, Allgeier, Breida, Gainwell, Strong, Tucker
WR: AJB, Adams, Wilson, Hill, Higgins, Reed, JSN,, T. Marshall, Boutte, Arob, Ross
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Waller, Bellinger

No 24 or 25 picks other than 4th and 5th each year.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Draft/Cuts

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:49 pm

I just want to make sure, how many cuts do you need to make and do you plan on using all your picks?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:55 pm

robinoso wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:38 pm I know it’s that time of year, so wanted to get thoughts.

Been trying to send packages to decrease player/picks to avoid being too fat. This league is going to take severe over pays on picks as most put value on player potential and picks less exciting past 1st.
I only count 26 in your sig... So I'm assuming you only need to cut 1 and then possibly cut another player per drafted player you want to keep.

RB: Vaughn and Ahmed are easy cuts (Pollard would be next, but I'd hold him over these 2 and probably any draft pick you have)
WR: Peoples-Jones, Callaway are easy cuts. Next WR for me would be Cephus/Parris, but I'd likely hold them in most scenarios
TE: Njoku is an easy cut as well

Most likely I'd cut Ahmed, Vaughn, Callaway, and Peoples Jones and draft your 2nd rounder's. Njoku would be a decision vs who's there at 3.02 for me. Probably the pick though

robinoso
Starter
Starter

Postby robinoso » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:43 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:55 pm
robinoso wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:38 pm I know it’s that time of year, so wanted to get thoughts.

I only count 26 in your sig... So I'm assuming you only need to cut 1 and then possibly cut another player per drafted player you want to keep.

RB: Vaughn and Ahmed are easy cuts (Pollard would be next, but I'd hold him over these 2 and probably any draft pick you have)
WR: Peoples-Jones, Callaway are easy cuts. Next WR for me would be Cephus/Parris, but I'd likely hold them in most scenarios

Most likely I'd cut Ahmed, Vaughn, Callaway, and Peoples Jones and draft your 2nd rounder's. Njoku would be a decision vs who's there at 3.02 for me. Probably the pick though
Yeah, I only show 26, because we still do K/D and it’s baked in, so I’m at 28. I will update sig for place holders as I didn’t think about it

Great insight, so I could peel back 2 in this scenario.

Agree on pollard for sure with history of Zeke. Drake/Dillon news didn’t do me any favors. So I was hesitant in Vaughn, maybe me being stubborn. Was hoping to have Cephus/Parris survive but on short leash.

I’ve offered all kinds of scenarios of my picks and players to cut fat one way or another. Appreciate the insight.
10 Team .5 PPR 1QB

WR: AJB, Adams, Wilson, Hill, Higgins, Reed, JSN,, T. Marshall, Boutte, Arob, Ross

robinoso
Starter
Starter

Postby robinoso » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:45 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:49 pm I just want to make sure, how many cuts do you need to make and do you plan on using all your picks?
With K/D my team is at capacity. If I use all picks, I need to cut 7 after. It’s been rough to do a 2 for 1 to slim down - even over pays her rejected.
10 Team .5 PPR 1QB

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:48 pm

robinoso wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:45 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:49 pm I just want to make sure, how many cuts do you need to make and do you plan on using all your picks?
With K/D my team is at capacity. If I use all picks, I need to cut 7 after. It’s been rough to do a 2 for 1 to slim down - even over pays her rejected.
I think you could skip your 4th and 5th round picks if you are struggling with cuts. Whoever you draft there are likely cuts next year anyway.

I would cut: Ahmed, Campbell, Cephus, Callaway and either Vaughn or Pollard. It's tough to lose Cephus due to opportunity and possibly Vaughn for the same, but the NFL draft may change both outlooks.

robinoso
Starter
Starter

Postby robinoso » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:58 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:48 pm
I think you could skip your 4th and 5th round picks if you are struggling with cuts. Whoever you draft there are likely cuts next year anyway.

I would cut: Ahmed, Campbell, Cephus, Callaway and either Vaughn or Pollard. It's tough to lose Cephus due to opportunity and possibly Vaughn for the same, but the NFL draft may change both outlooks.
Thanks as always. Will continue to try and package, but at least have some to chew on!
10 Team .5 PPR 1QB

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:01 pm

robinoso wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:58 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:48 pm

Thanks as always. Will continue to try and package, but at least have some to chew on!
Always happy to try and help. Hopefully a deal will come along to free up space throughout the offseason and the draft may help here.

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:40 pm

Based on lineup requirements, I'd cut WRs because you can only start a max of 3. Peoples-Jones, Parris, Mims, Edwards (assuming Bryan), M. Callaway, Cephus would all be cuts for me. Probably Ahmed and Njoku too.
I would overpay at WR if possible but thinking unlikely in 10 team with only start 2 + 1 flex. 3 for 1, 4 for 1, no one would be off limits.
I just don't value WR that highly given the shallow starting requirements and the depth of the position. Would rather have 2 locked in starters that I would roll out every week with 2 backups for injuries and byes and then load up the bench with RBs.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:01 am

With not being SF, guys aren't being driven down the draft board, so if you have the option to forego picks I would forego 3.09, 4.09, and 5.09 right off the bat. That would leave 4 to cut, and I would let go of Ahmed, Peoples-Jones, Callaway, and Njoku.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:32 am

robinoso wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:43 pm

Yeah, I only show 26, because we still do K/D and it’s baked in, so I’m at 28. I will update sig for place holders as I didn’t think about it

Agree on pollard for sure with history of Zeke. Drake/Dillon news didn’t do me any favors. So I was hesitant in Vaughn, maybe me being stubborn. Was hoping to have Cephus/Parris survive but on short leash.

I’ve offered all kinds of scenarios of my picks and players to cut fat one way or another. Appreciate the insight.
I see, well my advice still stands because I'd just cut the kicker and D as well. Also, try offering up players like Cephus and Parris and Njoku in a 2 for 1. If you're trying Vaughn + Ahmed, there's probably very few rosters those guys would make either.

robinoso
Starter
Starter

Postby robinoso » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:11 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:32 am
robinoso wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:43 pm

I see, well my advice still stands because I'd just cut the kicker and D as well. Also, try offering up players like Cephus and Parris and Njoku in a 2 for 1. If you're trying Vaughn + Ahmed, there's probably very few rosters those guys would make either.
Right. I’m basically trying one of those RB + WR + pick to those where handcuff could “benefit”.

Thanks all for the thoughts.
10 Team .5 PPR 1QB