Should I accept either of these deals in my Keeper league for Jefferson? NEED HELP GUYS!!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Should I accept either of these deals in my Keeper league for Jefferson? NEED HELP GUYS!!

Postby dynofun » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:36 am

OK so this is a little bit complicated as this is a 10 team PPR Keeper League where we Keep 5 players and start 1 QB/2 RBs/2 WRs/2 Flex/1 TE/1 K/1 Def. I have a ton of draft picks in the coming draft in August including - 1.01, 1.03, 1.08, 2.02, 2.03, 2.08, 2.09, 2.10 and then the 2nd pick in every round after that except the 5th where I have the 5.08 instead of the 5.02. My current 5 Keepers are 5 of these guys:

JT, Swift, Dobbins, Mixon, McLaurin, Evans, Cooper, Higgins. Currently leaning towards keeping JT, Swift, Dobbins, Mixon. McLaurin but maybe it's better to keep JT, Swift, Dobbins, Mixon, McLaurin, Evans? Anyway so I have been offered the following trades for Justin Jefferson and then he would become a guaranteed Keeper for me.

Option #1 - I would give up - 1.03, 2.03, 3.02, 2022 4th round pick

or

Option #2 - I would give up - 1.08, 2.02, 2.03, 2.09

Just to add some more information to these potential deals as to who some of the players that quite possibly are going to be dropped include - Mixon, Cooper, Monty, Lamb and K.Allen. So my question is are either of these deals worth it to pick up Jefferson as a Keeper for me or should I just stand pat with my current picks and my current 5 Keepers? I really like JJ a lot and would love to pick him up as I feel he is absolutely going to be one of the top WRs for many years to come but are either of these deals worth it to acquire him? This is a true head scratcher so I would really appreciate as many opinions as I can get on these potential trade offers. Thanks in advance guys!!

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Should I accept either of these deals in my Keeper league for Jefferson? NEED HELP GUYS!!

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:40 am

With this being a 5 keeper format (top 50 are theoretically off the board to start) I would give either of these packages to lock up Jefferson. I’d prefer to give Option 2 just to keep the highest pick possible between them.

If it doesn’t work out though, I’d probably hold Higgins or Evans over Mixon.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Should I accept either of these deals in my Keeper league for Jefferson? NEED HELP GUYS!!

Postby dynofun » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:52 am

krtbuckeye wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:40 am With this being a 5 keeper format (top 50 are theoretically off the board to start) I would give either of these packages to lock up Jefferson. I’d prefer to give Option 2 just to keep the highest pick possible between them.

If it doesn’t work out though, I’d probably hold Higgins or Evans over Mixon.
Yeah I hear ya. I really want to do this deal. Hear me out on the 2 options. The more I think about it I think Option 1 is giving up less. Yes you're giving up a better overall pick in the 1st but in the grand scheme it shouldn't be that big of a gap between the player taken at 1.03 and 1.08 but then I would be giving up 2.02, 2.03 and 2.08 whereas in the Option 1 I would only be giving up 2.03 and then 3.02 and that's it for this years picks and the 4th in 2022 I could care less about. You see what I'm saying? Another reason I am saying this is because it's only a Keep 5 league too. So presumably the player I take at 1.03 I most likely wouldn't be keeping anyway. I'd rather have the option to load up on a stud TE and stud QB with those 2nd round picks whereas if I take Option 2 I wouldn't be able to do that. But hey thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it!!

dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynofun » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:04 am

Something else to keep in mind as far as this deal is concerned is the team I would be doing this trade with is my main competition and as of now he has no draft picks till the 4th round. His current 5 Keepers are: Dalvin, Adams, JJ, Ridley, Kittle and he would then have to trade M.Sanders/Monty/Aiyuk/Claypool/Julio in theory to pick up some draft picks. Problem is in this league there are very few teams who do trades and there is only 1 team that does indeed do trades who needs players so he would have an audience of basically 1 to try and move any of these players for picks. So as a defensive move should I just stand pat and make him drop a bunch of these guys and get nothing for them. Assuming let's say I take Option 1 he would then keep: Dalvin, Adams, M.Sanders, Ridley, Kittle and then also would have the 1.03, 2.03 and 3.02 in this coming draft. It helps to look at it from that angle too. Does that change anything as far as these offers are concerned in anyone's mind?

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:51 am

As I mentioned, I'd be comfortable giving either package for Jefferson. You know your league far better than we do in terms of these dynamics and who is being put back out into the draft pool by other teams. My thinking on preferring Option 2 was predicated primarily on the theoretical scenario that the top 50 are off the board (though it doesn't really work out this way because top heavy teams will either have to trade or cut great players and bad teams will keep lesser players) and my preference would be to have a shot at a better tier of player at 1.03 vs 1.08 at the expense of losing 2.02 (not a huge gap between 2.09-3.02 so viewing that as a wash).

Mentioning Lamb as an option that could be dropped sways my preference also. If you can lock up Jefferson and have a shot at Lamb with 1.03 I think you could be looking at an incredible keeper group moving forward. I love McLaurin, but if you would have a chance at moving forward with Taylor, Swift, Dobbins, Jefferson, and Lamb I think that's massive. Again, I'd feel good about moving either package for Jefferson though.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:36 am

krtbuckeye wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:51 am As I mentioned, I'd be comfortable giving either package for Jefferson. You know your league far better than we do in terms of these dynamics and who is being put back out into the draft pool by other teams. My thinking on preferring Option 2 was predicated primarily on the theoretical scenario that the top 50 are off the board (though it doesn't really work out this way because top heavy teams will either have to trade or cut great players and bad teams will keep lesser players) and my preference would be to have a shot at a better tier of player at 1.03 vs 1.08 at the expense of losing 2.02 (not a huge gap between 2.09-3.02 so viewing that as a wash).

Mentioning Lamb as an option that could be dropped sways my preference also. If you can lock up Jefferson and have a shot at Lamb with 1.03 I think you could be looking at an incredible keeper group moving forward. I love McLaurin, but if you would have a chance at moving forward with Taylor, Swift, Dobbins, Jefferson, and Lamb I think that's massive. Again, I'd feel good about moving either package for Jefferson though.
I would do option #2 and lock up Jefferson. If you can land Lamb, even better!

As is, I would make the deal and keep: Taylor, Swift, Dobbins, Jefferson and McLaurin.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:59 am

These are not close. Why would you give picks? Select your 5 keepers. Offer him the other 3 players...take it or leave it.

Your format is very different....these deals are absolutely horrible for you. Play out the draft....and how your team will look.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:41 am

sloth8u wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:59 am These are not close. Why would you give picks? Select your 5 keepers. Offer him the other 3 players...take it or leave it.

Your format is very different....these deals are absolutely horrible for you. Play out the draft....and how your team will look.
This wouldn't work because the other guy already has an abundance of keeper-worthy players, with several high-end studs.

As for the trades, I like both of them. I would prefer to do the second trade because studs rule ten-teamers, and the quality of player available at 1.03 is should be much better than at 1.08, especially in 1QB.

You know your league better tho, and if you think the defensive play of holding onto your seconds is better then it's still a great price for Jefferson.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:53 am

I would be holding the picks. Since you keep only 5 players, the bulk of your team will come from your draft picks and you have 8 out of the top 20. Your trade partner has none of the top 30. So while he might have stronger keepers, the rest of his lineup will be severely weaker, especially since he has only 1 RB.
For me, the advantage of adding to your keepers with the early picks while also handicapping your trade partner puts you in a better spot overall to have a better starting lineup and have the draft capital to address any holes. Don't give him an out. He will likely not be a top team with the lack of top draft picks.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:55 am

JJRules wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:41 am
sloth8u wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:59 am These are not close. Why would you give picks? Select your 5 keepers. Offer him the other 3 players...take it or leave it.

This wouldn't work because the other guy already has an abundance of keeper-worthy players, with several high-end studs.

As for the trades, I like both of them. I would prefer to do the second trade because studs rule ten-teamers, and the quality of player available at 1.03 is should be much better than at 1.08, especially in 1QB.

You know your league better tho, and if you think the defensive play of holding onto your seconds is better then it's still a great price for Jefferson.
He could offer him jt...and keep his picks. His format is not dynasty. He is dominating. He is set to own 13 before most own 7. This is not a good trade

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:00 am

sloth8u wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:55 am
JJRules wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:41 am

He could offer him jt...and keep his picks. His format is not dynasty. He is dominating. He is set to own 13 before most own 7. This is not a good trade
No it isn't dynasty, but even in a 10 team, it's not like the top 20 picks are gold or anything. We're talking about fringe top 40-50 players at best going in the 1st round. Would he really be getting the kind of talent with these picks that would create a dominant team for 2021? A strong team to be sure, but I wouldn't consider it to be dominant.

I don't disagree that there is value to be had in 2021 by keeping the picks, I just tend to believe that the opportunity to get Jefferson as a future long term keeper outweighs that benefit given the draft pool.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:13 am

He could offer him 1.1 and jt....and still be better off. Maybe he drops jj? 1.1 and drop = jj

dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynofun » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:33 pm

Wow thank you guys for all the wisdom!! I actually think I'm going to counter because I feel he is more desperate for draft picks than I am to pick up JJ. I am going to counter with 1.08/2.08/3.02/3rd rounder next year and see how it goes. Wish me luck!! I'll let you know how it turns out.

dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynofun » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:40 pm

sloth8u wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:13 am He could offer him 1.1 and jt....and still be better off. Maybe he drops jj? 1.1 and drop = jj
Why would I offer JT for JJ when JT is more valuable?

dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynofun » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:30 pm

So ended up doing this deal and I am beyond thrilled with it!!

I gave up: 1.08, 2.08, 3.02, 4.02 for Justin Jefferson & 5.09!!!