2.09, Goff, R. Anderson for Keenan Allen

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

2.09, Goff, R. Anderson for Keenan Allen

Postby halfbaked88 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:57 pm

QB: Tannehill, Jalen Hurts, Goff, Darnold
RB: A. Gibson, Mixon, K. Hunt, P. Lindsay
WR: A. Cooper, Aiyuk, D. Parker, R. Anderson, N. Harry, D. Robinson
TE: OJ Howard, Jack Doyle, A. Okwu.
1.22, 2.09, 2.22, 4.22
(I'm excluding some lower ranked players)

32-team, 2 copy SF TE Prem league (.5 RB, 1 PPR WR, 1.5 TE)
Made it to 1st round of playoffs, but lost to a guy I beat in the 2x in the reg season.

Give:
Jared Goff, R. Anderson, 2.09
Get:
Keenan Allen

I look at Goff on the Lions I just have zero confidence in that franchise to turn things around any time soon.
I'ma huge Robby fan, but skeptical of undrafted WRs in the later stages of their careers securing contracts, longevity, etc. I think Robby has peaked. I traded Henry Ruggs for the 2.09 a few weeks ago.

I like that Keenan Allen has a long-term contract and a QB of the future there. His play style is more technical than super athletic so should bode well for the next 3 years I'm hoping. Targets should be there. What do you think?

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2.09, Goff, R. Anderson for Keenan Allen

Postby halfbaked88 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:03 pm

Forgot to mention it's 10 starters
1QB
2RB
3WR
1TE
2FLX
1SFLX

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:19 pm

Looks like Goff is too important to your build overall. I really like Allen over the next few years though, but this still seems pricey.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:40 pm

Tough call. Starting QBs are gold in this format, but who knows if Goff is even the starter in Detroit all year. If they draft a QB, this trade looks great for you. If they don’t, you probably overpaid for Keenan.

I’m guessing at least five QBs (x2) plus Pitts (x2) will be drafted by the time you’re on the clock at 1.22, but that means some really good WRs and RBs will be available there. Not sure if any of them will help you as much as Keenan this year though. I’d see if you could get it done with just Goff and Robby or just Goff and the 2.09. But if you’re shoving all your chips in this year and you think Keenan can win you a title, I can’t fault you for taking this gamble.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:37 am

Thanks for the responses. If it's a slight overpay I'm fine with that. I suppose I leaned toward security of Keenan Allen's contract and QB vs the uncertain futures of Goff and Anderson. I miss the 2.09 more than anything, but then again with draft picks come more chances to bust.

I also forgot to mention it's only 4PT passing TDs so reduced QB format. For that reason and Goff's lack of rushing I was just not a fan. Solid QB2 no doubt, but his upside was really capped on the Lions in my view. I've been trying to offload Goff for awhile. I was "almost" able to trade him for the 1.21, but he sold to another team for the 1.25 + 3.03.

If the Eagles draft a QB I think I'll instant regret it. I'm hoping we hear a veteran QB signing in Philly soon. A 1st round QB spells doom for Jalen Hurts I think.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:45 am

I like Allen at this price. Goff is a toss up at this point and the other pieces don’t weigh too much for me.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch