Potential Aaron Jones deal

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Potential Aaron Jones deal

Postby Anteaters » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:33 pm

I'd take the Gibson+CEH side so quick I might break my mouse.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:41 pm

I’d bite your hand off if I could get CEH and Gibson for that. I’d say you’d need to add a mid-late 1st for this to be considered.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:52 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:55 am
jwb32 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:17 am Gibson = Aaron Jones
I am going to disagree with this statemnet rather strongly.
That’s what I was thinking. I’d trade every share of Gibson that I have for A.Jones and I like Gibson but Jones still has a lot of tread left on his tires and has been super productive, basically, his whole career. Even if he leaves, he could end up in Miami, which is a really good landing spot, the only bad spot would be the Jets but I actually think the Packers will keep him.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:14 pm

Update: The other owner said he thought the value was fair and is still interested in the deal but wants to think on it longer. I doubt this ends up getting done. I appreciate all the response on the feed.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:22 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:14 pm Update: The other owner said he thought the value was fair and is still interested in the deal but wants to think on it longer. I doubt this ends up getting done. I appreciate all the response on the feed.
Hope he doesn't use DLF forums
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:28 pm

abloom wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:22 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:14 pm Update: The other owner said he thought the value was fair and is still interested in the deal but wants to think on it longer. I doubt this ends up getting done. I appreciate all the response on the feed.
Hope he doesn't use DLF forums
Ha ha, not the type for sure. He is probably on cloud science forums. He has always been a smart owner, so I was a little surprised when the conversation even got started.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:35 pm

Well, with the update he's probably going to pass. Or at least wait to see where Jones lands to make his decision. This is a really tricky time to make trades for RB's. We've no idea what will happen in free-agency, who could get released or traded. Just a lot of unknowns until some of the offseason dominos start to fall.

I think it's a good trade for the OP if it works out. CEH was a disappointment last year, but that won't necessarily define his career moving forward. I think it's a bit of a buy-low window for him if the owner in your league has a little buyer's remorse.

Jones is a proven talent, but you do get younger at the position. And again, not knowing where Jones ends up throws that uncertainty into the mix. FWIW, in my leagues from below it's incredibly difficult to trade for young RB's. Let alone get a 2-for-1 accepted. Good luck!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:42 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:35 pm Well, with the update he's probably going to pass. Or at least wait to see where Jones lands to make his decision. This is a really tricky time to make trades for RB's. We've no idea what will happen in free-agency, who could get released or traded. Just a lot of unknowns until some of the offseason dominos start to fall.

I think it's a good trade for the OP if it works out. CEH was a disappointment last year, but that won't necessarily define his career moving forward. I think it's a bit of a buy-low window for him if the owner in your league has a little buyer's remorse.

Jones is a proven talent, but you do get younger at the position. And again, not knowing where Jones ends up throws that uncertainty into the mix. FWIW, in my leagues from below it's incredibly difficult to trade for young RB's. Let alone get a 2-for-1 accepted. Good luck!
Lots of unknowns this early in the offseason for sure. It can be a good time to try and buy and sell (outside of picks), but it is certainly tricky and a gamble for many assets.

The other owner has a very high end group of RB's and is a win now window, so I think the appeal of Jones is his stability and proven stats. The pending FA obviously complicates that though. The "I will continue to think on it" in my league is usually the kiss of death. I would totally understand him holding and nothing coming of this. As I mentioned, I was shocked by the conversation starting anyway. I would love to get younger at RB especially in the two for one deal, but my team will contend with Jones just as easily. Win/win here either way for me.

I'm always trying to improve my team, but I feel Jones is the best piece in this deal but likely not the most available which makes it even more tricky for both of us in the deal.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:36 pm

True Gator, even if you can't get the deal done being "stuck" with Aaron Jones is hardly a problem! ;)

And that's why I figured the deal would probably wither away too. My league is the same way. When somebody, "Want's to think about it," a little more that usually means they're eventually going to back away. But maybe not, it's still early in the offseason after all.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku