Should I accept this trade for Golladay?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Should I accept this trade for Golladay?

Postby dynofun » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:55 am

OK this is a 12 team PPR dynasty league. We start 1 QB/2 RBs/2 WRs/2 Flex(RB, WR, TE)/1 TE/1 K/1 Def. I have been offered the following trade:

I would receive - Golladay, Bridgewater, Rudolph, 2022 3rd round rookie pick

for

I would give up - Mims, G.Davis, D.Harris, 2022 2nd round rookie pick

Here is my roster:

Jackson, Lamar BAL QB (Q) 384.7 -
Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 479.1 -
Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB 176.0 -
Gallman, Wayne NYG RB 136.6 -
Gibson, Antonio WAS RB 202.2 -
Harris, Damien NEP RB (Q) 91.3 -
Mixon, Joe CIN RB (Q) 99.6 -
Perine, Samaje CIN RB 65.7 -
Sanders, Miles PHI RB (Q) 170.4 -
Scott, Boston PHI RB 95.6 -
Wilson, Jeffery SFO RB 142.3 -
Brown, A.J. TEN WR (Q) 247.5 -
Byrd, Damiere NEP WR 114.9 -
Cooper, Amari DAL WR (Q) 236.8 -
Davis, Gabriel BUF WR 136.9 -
Gage, Russell ATL WR 183.1 -
Gandy-Golden, Antonio WAS WR 3.5 -
Hightower, John PHI WR 28.8 -
Johnson, Diontae PIT WR 221.8 -
Johnson, Tyron LAC WR 79.5 -
Mims, Denzel NYJ WR (Q) 60.7 -
Reagor, Jalen PHI WR (Q) 87.2 -
Robinson, Demarcus KCC WR 107.6 -
Sims, Cam WAS WR 86.2 -
Smith Jr., Irv MIN TE 98.5 -
Trautman, Adam NOS TE 38.1 -
Waller, Darren LVR TE 278.6 -
Patriots, New England NEP Def 177.0 -
Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 200.0 -

What do you guys think of this one? At first glance I don't think I'm going to do it because I don't believe the upgrade for my 2nd flex starter getting Golladay is worth trading the very possible ascending assets that make up my depth I have in Mims, G.Davis and Damien Harris but I'm curious as to your thoughts on this one. Thanks in advance guys!!

CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Should I accept this trade for Golladay?

Postby CGW » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:01 am

I'd have a hard time not taking Golladay here. Mims and davis have potential, but more likely than not are never WR1s. This looks alot like four 2nds for Golladay, which is a win in my book.

I do understand your concern about a minimal upgrade at flex 2. If that's a concern, you could likely pair Golladay+ for a bigger upgrade.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:03 am

Wow, this is a real tricky deal for me. I think all three of the assets you would be moving have a legitimate chance to make pretty decent jumps this year. I have said multiple times I worry about Golladay with Goff based on the skill set of both if Golladay is to stay in Detroit. Value wise, this is still Golladay but until free agency plays out, I would be hesitant to make this deal even though the value is there and Golladay is the best asset. It's a gamble because if Golladay signs or is traded to an amazing situation his price goes through the roof, but I think he stays in Detroit.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:06 am

There's a lot of potential in the side you'd be giving up, which makes this tough to gauge, but I'd still take Golladay here. He's the best piece overall for me and would be tough to pass on at this price.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynofun » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:11 am

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:03 am Wow, this is a real tricky deal for me. I think all three of the assets you would be moving have a legitimate chance to make pretty decent jumps this year. I have said multiple times I worry about Golladay with Goff based on the skill set of both if Golladay is to stay in Detroit. Value wise, this is still Golladay but until free agency plays out, I would be hesitant to make this deal even though the value is there and Golladay is the best asset. It's a gamble because if Golladay signs or is traded to an amazing situation his price goes through the roof, but I think he stays in Detroit.
Good stuff as always Gator Sens. That is the biggest what if as far as this deal goes. What happens with Golladay? Even with Goff I think he could still be pretty damn good. Golladay is one of those guys who can just go up and get it and doesn't need a precision type of a passer which Goff obviously isn't. LOL!! Man this is a very tough one and I'm still on the fence. Would love to hear a few more opinions but thanks for the lightning fast responses I've gotten so far!!

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:15 am

dynofun wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:11 am
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:03 am Wow, this is a real tricky deal for me. I think all three of the assets you would be moving have a legitimate chance to make pretty decent jumps this year. I have said multiple times I worry about Golladay with Goff based on the skill set of both if Golladay is to stay in Detroit. Value wise, this is still Golladay but until free agency plays out, I would be hesitant to make this deal even though the value is there and Golladay is the best asset. It's a gamble because if Golladay signs or is traded to an amazing situation his price goes through the roof, but I think he stays in Detroit.
Good stuff as always Gator Sens. That is the biggest what if as far as this deal goes. What happens with Golladay? Even with Goff I think he could still be pretty damn good. Golladay is one of those guys who can just go up and get it and doesn't need a precision type of a passer which Goff obviously isn't. LOL!! Man this is a very tough one and I'm still on the fence. Would love to hear a few more opinions but thanks for the lightning fast responses I've gotten so far!!
Fair insight for sure on Golladay. If you think he gets back to his WR1 production from a couple years ago and is not super QB dependent, the deal makes sense. There is less what if on his side than the other.

dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynofun » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:22 am

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:15 am
dynofun wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:11 am
Fair insight for sure on Golladay. If you think he gets back to his WR1 production from a couple years ago and is not super QB dependent, the deal makes sense. There is less what if on his side than the other.
Yeah I very well could be overthinking this thing. I mean like one other person said - what is the likelihood of Davis or Mims ever becoming true WR1s? Harris is a nice talent but he's a Patriot and that in itself is a problem trying to predict what BB is going to do with his RBs drive by drive let alone game by game.

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:23 am

Eesh, this is tricky normally you'd say 4 quarters for a dollar but these quarters could easily be worth a dollar this time next year...if you catch my drift.

I'd probably take the Golladay side but I wouldn't be thrilled about it.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynofun » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:25 am

Adam_172 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:23 am Eesh, this is tricky normally you'd say 4 quarters for a dollar but these quarters could easily be worth a dollar this time next year...if you catch my drift.

I'd probably take the Golladay side but I wouldn't be thrilled about it.
Yep that is kinda where I'm at right now too. I honestly believe in my heart this time next year these pieces will be worth considerably more than Golladay but I hate to look that far ahead. If this deal helps me win a title then it was more than worth it!!