I've taken my hiatus, now what

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

I've taken my hiatus, now what

Postby dblj1199 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:32 am

So post Super Bowl I took my time away from fantasy and haven't even looked at fantasy or my roster. So now time to start looking ahead. My complete roster is below, some of my thoughts. I only have a 3rd and 5th rd picks in the upcoming draft, so I'm not getting help there. Any thoughts / ideas are welcome. I know it's long, thanks for reading. Complete roster / requirements in signature.
My Core
Mahome- set and forget for the next 10 year
J Jefferson- had a monster rookie year, he should keep getting better
DJ Moore- He's only 23 years old, 2 1000 yard seasons, qb situation is the big question mark
Cooper- He's my "old" wr at 26, but just keeps producing
Zeke- he will be 26 next season, he will get Dak and o-line back, hopefully all healthy and back to his normal self
J Robinson- the question mark, will he stay the #1 rb?? He will actually have a qb there, solid wr's, huge opportunity
Waller- has been a stud the past two years

Boarderline-
OBJ- hasn't been healthy, has been a issue, can he rebound???
Mostert- when healthy produced, big issue is he wasn't healthy, he's already 29, possibly trade bait
Hunt- produced more when Chubb was the rb1, but still posted top 15 in points in league
H Henry- has always been a injury risk, borderline top top 10, can he improve in Herbert year 2?
D Parker- has never lived up to potential, new team?

Lots of questions-Old players who I may be able to get something small for
Gronk, TY, AB, AJG

Players who are really big ???
Kerryon- hasn't been healthy, produced decent numbers when healthy, a new staff, does he get cut, new team??
Snell JR- played well when given the chance, who does Pitt bring in??
OJ Howard- Does TB let him walk?? Had big potential, not a great offensive fit
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: I've taken my hiatus, now what

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:46 am

I think your roster is in a nice spot for a run in 2021! The type of moves I'd be looking to make here would be small to start off, things like packaging one of your question mark players with your 3rd for a 2nd, then maybe packaging that 2nd with something else for a late 1st-early 2nd. I know that's oddly specific, but more meant to make my point than anything. Just try to make small moves snowball by trimming some fat from the roster but adding value overall for better depth.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:50 am

I like the top assets you mentioned and building around Mahomes, Moore and Jefferson is a good place to be. If you are a contender or hoping to make a run this year, Zeke is a must hold and hope. If you are looking to retool a bit, I would shop Zeke and Robinson and see if there are any buyers for the right price. I still worry about Robinson long term for some reason and Zeke is at the RB value cliff. I would also shop Beckham, Mostert, Parker and all your aging players listed. I doubt there is much value in any of them, but I don't think any of those players do much for you now or long term. Your build is in a slightly difficult place because of age, value cliffs and unknowns. The core is there to build around, but again this comes down to goals for this season vs long term. Also, return on these players will be key and may help dictate which direction you are heading.

That is a lengthy break from dynasty ha ha, you must be itching for some kind of action now after looking at your team again.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:15 am

2015, 2017 Champ.
ppr, 10 team, 6 pt all td, 30 man roster QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Wont be able to give much input on IDP, but given the low starting requirement I'm going to assume they are easy enough to get a good one to start on a week to week basis from the waiver wire. 10 teamer means emphasis on the studs.

Qb- Mahomes, Baker, Darnold

One stud already, looking good. Baker and/or darnold can be sold/dropped imo if you need the roster space.

RB- Zeke, Mostert, Hunt, J Robinson, K Johnson, Snell Jr, Pollard, Ingram

A nice group. Mostert likely dropping behind hunt and jrob for me. I wouldn't mind seeing a little investment here. Certainly not a priority in a start 2 10 teamer, but something to keep an eye on.

WR- OBJ (i.r.), A Cooper, DJ Moore, TY Hilton, D Parker, J Jefferson, AJ Greene, AB, Q Cephus, KeKe Coutee
Great group with Cooper, Moore, Jefferson leading the way, OBJ and AB as your frist backups, Parker as a viable emergency starter. You have some youth but not an over abundance of it. Looks like a solid group. I'd be tempted to trade some of your WR depth for some RB depth.

TE- Waller, H Henry, Gronk, OJ Howard (i.r.), Albert O (i.r.)
You have Waller. He's a stud imo. I have him as TE2/3 with Kittle. When Kittle is healthy its Kittle #2, when hes out its easily Waller. Given Kittle's injuries the last few season i really like Waller. Henry, Howard, and O are all great upside players too. I like them with Waller.

IDP(3)- VanderEsch, B Martinez, P Queen, A Johnson, K Neal

K- J Sanders

don't care

Picks 3rd 5th
I'm assuming you have your 2022 picks intact.

Overall:
The only position that I'm really looking to add to is RB. There are 3 guys i'm currently looking to acquire cheaply : Jeff Wilson Jr, Jamaal Williams, Damien Williams. I'm sure you can probably use a 3rd for one of those guys. Each of them carry a decent amount of risk and some decent upside. They could certainly be a cheap way to add a little RB depth. Other than that I would look at moving some of your WR depth for RB depth (as mentioned above). When it comes to your RBs specifically, with Zeke, its up to you. I don't think there is a wrong answer here. you can either sell him now and try to get someone like Akers or Gibson, or you can hold and see how he starts the season. I don't think you should have a problem getting production from him for the next 1-2 years. Robinson I have the same type of idea on, except I don't think you can sell him for much. Jax has so many holes that I don't think they go after a rookie RB or someone like A Jones as a FA. I would expect them to bring in at least one vet, but J Rob should have the majority of the carries for atleast 2021 and hopefully 2022. Hunt is a solid floor guy imo, but his ceiling is capped by chubb. He's a great RB3 to have on your team. Mostert I think is not reliable enough (injuries) to be anything more than a fill in.

You should certainly be competative in 2021. I'd like your chances a lot more in a 12 teamer, but a 10 teamer you should be fine thanks to Mahommes and Waller. I do think I'd start holding onto your future draft picks, I think you're going to need an infusion of youth in the near future.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07