superflex trade - Brady and 1.06 for Tua

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

superflex trade - Brady and 1.06 for Tua

Postby Crouchy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:41 am

Took over a superflex orphan, my team is kind of in the middle with some older players. So there is a decision. I have quite a bit of draft capital, so I could trade for some vets and go for it, or go the other way and try to sell off my older assets.

My only serviceable QBs are Lamar and Tom Brady and to me Brady is a bit of a problem.

I might be able to do Brady and the 1.06 for Tua.

What do you think about this trade?

Or should I wait until I am on the clock?

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Re: superflex trade - Brady and 1.06 for Tua

Postby collbey » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:46 am

Pass. I like the idea of moving Brady but see how the draft goes before moving 1.06.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:54 am

Well first question: how many teams? (infact you may as well post your entire roster too so we can see if there is more to do).

I think selling Brady is fine, but I think you can probably just sell him for a 2022 1st + to a contender.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:09 am

Last edited by Crouchy on Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:12 am

ah sorry. 12 team league Full PPR TE premium with two TEs
QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1 Flex, 1 superflex

The more I look at this team I remembered it a bit wrong and the weaker it looks in fact and I'm wrong I don't think there is any chance to go for it. I got the 2021 season for free though!

QB, Jackson, Brady,
RB Gordon, Hines, Cohen, Drake, Gurley, Gallmann, L.Perine, R.Freeman, Dallas
WR Hill, Julio, Fuller, Crowder, A.Brown, Renfrow, Ruggs, Edwards, Tyler Johnson
TE Higbee, Andrews, Trautman, Graham, Parkinson

2x firsts
3x seconds
2x thirds
Last edited by Crouchy on Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:16 am

I agree. You're at least a year away from competing, possibly more.

Even if you hit on all of those 1sts & 2nds, it could easily take them a year or so to make a significant contribution to a contending roster

Also agree that you should hold your 1.06 for now. That should be in range for Pitts which would be huge in a 2TE-premium league. Try to package Brady + another aging productive piece (maybe AB?) for more draft capital or younger player(s)

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:20 am

I would shop Brady but hold your pick. I would not move the pair for Tua.

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:21 am

It is actually 2ppr for TEs. Double. Super Tight Ends.

So I would imagine Pitts should probably go at the 1.03 perhaps? Would be a steal to get him at 1.06

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:24 am

Crouchy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:21 am It is actually 2ppr for TEs. Double. Super Tight Ends.

So I would imagine Pitts should probably go at the 1.03 perhaps? Would be a steal to get him at 1.06
Oh, didn't realize the premium was that high. Yeah that'd be a steal. Regardless, that would push some significant talent to you at 1.06

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:46 am

ah sorry. 12 team league Full PPR TE premium with two TEs
QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1 Flex, 1 superflex

The more I look at this team I remembered it a bit wrong and the weaker it looks in fact and I'm wrong I don't think there is any chance to go for it. I got the 2021 season for free though!

Interesting lets see what we can do here then. The 2TE plus the TE premium is huge, and greatly increases the value of TEs (specifically the top TEs)

QB, Jackson, Brady,
Brady is an easy sell here. I would make the argument that Jackson should also be sold unless you think you can be cometative in 2022/2023. Jackson is a run first QB, his value is going to be going down as he gets older and sustains injuries. I would love to move him now for a younger QB (like a Tua or Burrow) and picks.

RB Gordon, Hines, Cohen, Drake, Gurley, Gallmann, L.Perine, R.Freeman, Dallas
Sell gordon, to a contender for whatever you can get (2022 picks are probably the way to go here as of now) point out that Gordon actually ended up as a high end RB2 (I think if I remember correctly). a shame Gallmann was held onto, could have sold last season for something. I would also look to sell Drake if you can. Hold onto Hines and Cohen, sell them in 2021 season.

WR Hill, Julio, Fuller, Crowder, A.Brown, Renfrow, Ruggs, Edwards, Tyler Johnson
Biggest question, which A Brown is that. I'm assuming is antonio and not AJ. I would sell everyone here as well besides Ruggs, Edwards, and Johnson. I'm serious, with your RBs and QBs, this is a complete blow up for me. Id probalby hold onto Fuller until he signs with a team. Julio I'd sell now. Hill would be the last I sell just because his value should hold fine. Brown I would sell for whatever 2022 picks you can get now (I got a 2022 2nd in a 12 team SF league a few weeks ago). I think his only hope of increasing in value is if he resigns with TB and Godwin moves on.

TE Higbee, Andrews, Trautman, Graham, Parkinson
Keep Trautman, sell Graham. I'd be willing to hold onto Andrews to see what he does. Im not thrilled with the Baltimore offense

2x firsts
3x seconds
2x thirds

What picks are they exactly? I think the 1sts and 2nds will be solid. the 3rds maybe not.

Overall:
honestly I was probably a little harsher than I could have been with this team. Starting off with Jackson and Brady at QB and Gordon at RB really put me in a bad frame of mind. I still think you may be best off by blowing this team up, but if you can get a few moves without sacrificing much of your draft picks or your WR starters, I think you can probably turn this into a competative team, but not likely a championsihip contender. I think you can stomach a terrible 2021 I'd blow this team up, if you can't stomach it I would try to use the 2021 2nds you have to get some vet RBs and WRs. If you can manage to get a QB for a 2nd I'd do that too and use your 1sts for youth.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:02 am

Sell Brady for whatever you can get. He won't do you any good.

I agree with abloom to sell Lamar. Who knows where his career will be when your team is competitive in 2-3 years? I like the idea of selling Lamar for Tua (or a similar QB) plus a pick coming back to you.

Gordon also must go. He's not doing you any good until your team is better. Get whatever picks you can for him.

I wouldn't accept any players back in trades unless they are young, like first, second or third year players. But no third year RBs.

I like that you have extra picks. This should be a fun rebuild, because you'll get to completely remake this team.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:08 am

Brady could be a better in season sell too. If showed he can still produce at a very high level last year. I'm not saying you get a haul for him, but he could be more valuable to a contender in season. It sounds crazy, but maybe the bottom does not fall out for Brady like we are all expecting.

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:10 am

Hey thanks for the replies and especially Abloom. I got 2021 for free so I took this team over.

The one trade I did when I took over after the season was trade James Robinson for the 1.09, 2.05 and Drake. I am happy with that one. Drake was a bonus really. I would have traded him for the two picks.

The team actually did well last season and I had an idea that it could maybe make the playoffs again, but I think it is a lost cause. Yes sadly it is Antonio Brown and picks are 1.06, 1.09, 2.05, 2.09, 2.11, 3.04, 3.05. 3.09

I guess if I use my seconds to try and get some vets, especially at RB then I have one season to win and after that I am toast with all my aging assets, but unfortunately if I want to shop them - Julio is at his lowest value ever, Gurley is already dust, Jimmy Graham is finished. Brady has perhaps one season? Crowders value is in the gutter

The running back situation is desperate but I do really like Hines and Cohen - two of the most pure PPR backs in the league.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:14 am

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:08 am Brady could be a better in season sell too. If showed he can still produce at a very high level last year. I'm not saying you get a haul for him, but he could be more valuable to a contender in season. It sounds crazy, but maybe the bottom does not fall out for Brady like we are all expecting.
I don't think the bottom will fall out for Brady in 2021. I think he'll be just as good as 2020.

I see now it wasn't exactly clear what I meant about Brady. When I said Brady wouldn't do him any good, I meant that even if Brady puts up QB4 stats, this team isn't good enough to win big. So, he might as well trade Brady.

I agree he might get better value in-season after Brady has two consecutive games of 400yds+4TDs.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:17 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:14 am
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:08 am Brady could be a better in season sell too. If showed he can still produce at a very high level last year. I'm not saying you get a haul for him, but he could be more valuable to a contender in season. It sounds crazy, but maybe the bottom does not fall out for Brady like we are all expecting.
I don't think the bottom will fall out for Brady in 2021. I think he'll be just as good as 2020.

When I said Brady wouldn't do him any good, I meant that even if Brady puts up QB4 stats, this team isn't good enough to win big. So, he might as well trade Brady.

I agree he might get better value in-season after Brady has two consecutive games of 400yds+4TDs.
I totally agree with you on needing to move him with this roster. I was just suggesting to the OP not to force anything in the offseason as a better deal could be had in-season.