Mahomes SF Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Triton85
Captain
Captain

Mahomes SF Trade

Postby Triton85 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:33 am

Just made this trade, this is my first SF Dynasty team, what do you guys think

Gave Up:
Mahomes
Henderson
Ruggs
'22 2nd

Got:
Jefferson
Wentz
AJ Dillon

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mahomes SF Trade

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:38 am

I like locking up Jefferson but not for the price. I pretty much think Mahomes is untouchable, but would want to know I could lock up Lawrence if I moved him. You got a lot back in theory but the picks are not early enough and Dillon is a big gamble. Wentz is even a gamble at this point in hopes he bounces back. I would not have made this deal despite all that came back. Hopefully you hit on your picks, Dillon becomes the starter in Green Bay and Wentz bounces back.

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:42 am

Gator Sens wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:38 am I like locking up Jefferson but not for the price. I pretty much think Mahomes is untouchable, but would want to know I could lock up Lawrence if I moved him. You got a lot back in theory but the picks are not early enough and Dillon is a big gamble. Wentz is even a gamble at this point in hopes he bounces back. I would not have made this deal despite all that came back. Hopefully you hit on your picks, Dillon becomes the starter in Green Bay and Wentz bounces back.
Yea I need to try to swing for the fences in this league - the team that won last year dominated (got high score i think half the weeks). So trying to make a move to bolster my weaker positions

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:46 am

Triton85 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:42 am
Gator Sens wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:38 am I like locking up Jefferson but not for the price. I pretty much think Mahomes is untouchable, but would want to know I could lock up Lawrence if I moved him. You got a lot back in theory but the picks are not early enough and Dillon is a big gamble. Wentz is even a gamble at this point in hopes he bounces back. I would not have made this deal despite all that came back. Hopefully you hit on your picks, Dillon becomes the starter in Green Bay and Wentz bounces back.
Yea I need to try to swing for the fences in this league - the team that won last year dominated (got high score i think half the weeks). So trying to make a move to bolster my weaker positions
Pending landing spots and all, are you hoping to land Harris or Etienne with the 1.05 then?

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:50 am

Yea, that'd be the plan. My RB room suffered last year, I know I can't take Pitts at 1.05 and won't be there at 1.11

Ideally I move one of those for a current TE that stands out

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:04 am

If you can trade the 1.5/1.11/Wentz for the 1.1, I like it, otherwise you sold mahomes pretty cheap. But you won't really know how you did for a few years...
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:24 am

BradysBunch wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:04 am If you can trade the 1.5/1.11/Wentz for the 1.1, I like it, otherwise you sold mahomes pretty cheap. But you won't really know how you did for a few years...
That's an offer I could probably do as well

Indyfan1985
Starter
Starter

Postby Indyfan1985 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:28 pm

I’m a believer that Dillon becomes the starting RB in Green Bay this year and also that Wentz gets back to playing very good football again. The situation players are in plays a huge role into their success. Wentz still is one of the more talented QBs and now he gets to work with Reich again and an Indy squad that is very talented.
2 QB PPR 10 Team League

2018 Champ, 2019 Champ

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert
WR - Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill
RB - Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor
TE - George Kittle
Flex - Joe Mixon, Ceedee Lamb

Notable Bench Players - AJ Dillon, Kareem Hunt, Michael Thomas, OBJ, Calvin Ridley, Diontae Johnson, Brandon Aiyuk, Darnell Mooney, Elijah Moore, Teddy Bridgewater, Trey Lance, Kyle Pitts, Isaiah Spiller

2023 Draft picks - 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2

2 QB, 2 TE PPR 8 Team League

QB - Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
WR - Stefon Diggs, Jamar Chase
RB - CMC, Jonathan Taylor
TE - TJ Hockenson, Dallas Goedert
Flex - AJ Brown, DJ Moore , De'Andre Swift

Notable Bench Players - Nyheim Hines, Keenan Allen, Ceedee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Calvin Ridley, Michael Pittman Jr, Darnell Mooney, Kadarius Toney, Baker Mayfield, Trey Lance, Davis Mills, Noah Fant, Evan Engram

2022 Draft picks - 2, 3
2023 Draft picks - 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:29 pm

If you were to plug all of those pieces into a calculator, I'm sure the value would be in the ball-park.

But I hate the trade. My thought is that when dealing a stud QB, you need a stud QB in return. Unfortunately, Wentz is too much of a question mark after his 2020 to be considered a stud at the moment..
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:37 pm

In short, I’m not a fan of the deal. Yes there are a handful of nice pieces coming back, primarily Jefferson, but Mahomes should command a good portion of what you got back (not saying all) on his own. The only thing that would have salvaged the deal for me would have been getting a much better QB than Wentz back in the deal.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:50 pm

The problem is you got back a lot of good/value pieces back, however all of them other than Jefferson is a question mark. If a couple of those pieces falter, this trades a loss. I don’t own Mahomes anywhere, but I would think he’s untouchable.

If you like the trade, don’t let everyone else get you down, there’s tons of potential in what you got, just a ton of risk as well.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10