WR deep stash (with poll)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which one?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:49 am

Antonio Callaway (Good situation on paper, but can he take advantage? Not a big believer.)
15%
Deonte Harris (Could get more involved if Sanders becomes a cap casualty. Otherwise not too useful (no KR/PR points). Fun to watch though.)
31%
Marquez Callaway (Got lots of playing time due to injuries last year and looked decent late in the year, but so did other Saints UDFAs before him before getting phased out again)
54%

Total votes: 13

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

WR deep stash (with poll)

Postby MucBuc » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:49 am

I'd like to stash a WR, but only have 1 roster spot free. Narrowed it down to 3 candidates, but can't decide:

Thanks for helping!
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: WR deep stash (with poll)

Postby Adam_172 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:02 am

None really lol but Callaway looks half decent if given a shot.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:21 am

antonio callaway is the next demarcus robinson.

deonte harris is fun and has some very nice moves.

marquez callaway did get a run as UDFA and didn't look bad.

so, antonio is out.
of the new orleans guys, callaway has obviously the physical tools to be a classical WR over harris. if sanders leaves, smith is probably going to be the main slot guy, leaving an outside WR spot for which callaway is better suited. another matter is the QB: with winston, i like callaway a lot more than harris, if hill is the starter, i can see the whole offense being a bit more gimmicky and harris having a bigger role.
in the end, callaway is a safer bet for regular playing time, while harris is more likely to remain a returner first and foremost, with some usage on offense from time to time.

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:40 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:21 am antonio callaway is the next demarcus robinson.

deonte harris is fun and has some very nice moves.

marquez callaway did get a run as UDFA and didn't look bad.

so, antonio is out.
of the new orleans guys, callaway has obviously the physical tools to be a classical WR over harris. if sanders leaves, smith is probably going to be the main slot guy, leaving an outside WR spot for which callaway is better suited. another matter is the QB: with winston, i like callaway a lot more than harris, if hill is the starter, i can see the whole offense being a bit more gimmicky and harris having a bigger role.
in the end, callaway is a safer bet for regular playing time, while harris is more likely to remain a returner first and foremost, with some usage on offense from time to time.
Wow, thank you for the detailed explanation :)
It seems the Saints have a plethora of depth role players behind MT with none really sticking out talent-wise and only producing when specifically a part of the game plan, I'd also put Smith into that category. But with the Saints in cap hell and likely facing a lengthy rebuild, I'd guess that one of them will get a shot at a larger role, at least for one year, so I'm leaning towards one of those too.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:49 am

I’d stash Marquez Callaway out of those 3 guys. When he got looks last year he looked like he could be a solid chain mover.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:08 am

M. Callaway of the three.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:30 am

MucBuc wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:40 am Wow, thank you for the detailed explanation :)
no prob!
i might add, i talk bollocks most of the time, so consider that!