Draft approach.

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
CSteelersWin7
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Draft approach.

Postby CSteelersWin7 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:07 am

With my team(in signature) what would be your approach to the draft? I clearly need a top notch qb, could use another rb. I really like Lawerence, Harris, j Williams, chase & pitts. I want to try and trade a combo of C Davis and some later picks to try and get a pick around 6-8. His landing spot in free agency should have a pretty good impact on his value(packers=good, ravens=bad).

My picks:
2021 picks- 1.1, 1.2 1.5, 2.3, 2.7, 2.11, 2.12, 3.2, 3.4, 4.3, 4.11
Team 1
12 Team PPR IDP 40 roster/7 taxi(2nd year eligible)
Start 1 QB, 1-2RB, 2-4WR, 1-2TE
Maximum # of Starting Offensive Players: 7
Start 1-2 Dt, 2 DE, 3-4 LB, 2-3 CB, 2-3 S
Maximum # of Starting Defensive Players: 11

QB- J Herbert, T Lance, T Bridgewater
RB- N Harris, Javonte Williams, J. Taylor
WR- J Jefferson, C Lamb, J Chase, G. Davis, L Shenault, G Pickens,
TE- K Pitts, P Friermuth, I Smith Jr
DT- J Simmons
DE- C Young, A Armstead, D Taylor, J Phillips, K Paye
LB- J Baker, T Edmunds, D Greenlaw, G Pratt, D White, M Wilson, J Brooks, Z Collins, A Highsmith
CB- D Ward, D Jackson, S Murphy-Bunting
S- J Peppers, C Gardner-Johnson, R Harrison, K Dugger

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Draft approach.

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:10 am

Its really nice to have the number of picks you do with needing help in multiple areas. Lots of chance to hit here. I would go BPA across the board and maximize value on all fronts. If Davis lands in Green Bay, I could see his value spiking for the positive later this offseason.

CSteelersWin7
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CSteelersWin7 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:18 am

With my enormous hole at qb, is it insane to take Harris(likely)1.1 and Lawerence at 1.2? Teams 1.3 & 1.4 both need qb badly as well. Our league tends to hoard qbs due to the large roster size.
Gator Sens wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:10 am Its really nice to have the number of picks you do with needing help in multiple areas. Lots of chance to hit here. I would go BPA across the board and maximize value on all fronts. If Davis lands in Green Bay, I could see his value spiking for the positive later this offseason.
Team 1

DT- J Simmons
LB- J Baker, T Edmunds, D Greenlaw, G Pratt, D White, M Wilson, J Brooks, Z Collins, A Highsmith

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:44 am

Depending on where they land, I would much rather take Harris and Chase at 1.01-1.02. I suppose league dynamic plays a part, but I have a hard time even seeing Lawrence go at 1.05 in a 1QB, let alone 1.02. However, you do have a big need at QB, so I think within the context of your situation, locking up Lawrence at 1.02 and taking whichever top 4 guy (hopefully Chase or Smith) is still there at 1.05 wouldn't be a bad move. It really depends on how much you believe in Lawrence vs the non-QB prospect you would take at 1.02 and how you'd feel taking a lesser QB at 1.05 (could be a big reach).
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

CSteelersWin7
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CSteelersWin7 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:04 am

Or fields or Wilson at 2.3. That seems to be the biggest question. Is either of those 2 qbs a better value at 2.3 than Lawerence at 1.2(to guarantee I get him)?
krtbuckeye wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:44 am Depending on where they land, I would much rather take Harris and Chase at 1.01-1.02. I suppose league dynamic plays a part, but I have a hard time even seeing Lawrence go at 1.05 in a 1QB, let alone 1.02. However, you do have a big need at QB, so I think within the context of your situation, locking up Lawrence at 1.02 and taking whichever top 4 guy (hopefully Chase or Smith) is still there at 1.05 wouldn't be a bad move. It really depends on how much you believe in Lawrence vs the non-QB prospect you would take at 1.02 and how you'd feel taking a lesser QB at 1.05 (could be a big reach).
Team 1

DT- J Simmons

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:38 am

Please do not take Lawrence at 1.02 in a 12 team 1 QB league! Harris and Chase seem like a great combo, the top RB and the top WR. Then at 5 you should have a great choice of maybe Pitts, Waddle, Smith, the third RB on the board. I would wait til the second round for a QB or maybe you can just trade the 2.11 for a Mayfield or a Stafford, Tua, whoever you like, pick up Wilson or Lance in the third. Do not reach for a QB, there will be plenty around.

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:30 pm

You have the draft capital to fill in your roster nicely. If you want a day 1 starter, then you may have to take Lawrence at before 5. Personally, I would take Chase and Harris at 1/2 and wait on QB because you are in a 12 team league 1QB league.
Without knowing your league scoring, when I played in IDP leagues, I found most people ignored/undervalued the IDP side, and with 11 starters, a dominant defense can carry your team until you can fill in the offensive holes. I'd check the trade market on stud IDP (Aaron Donald, Jamal Adams, top DEs/LBs) and/or targeting the rookie LBs that land in 3-down roles with your late 2nd/early 3rd picks.

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:07 am

I sense a theme. You’re looking to justify Lawrence early and the forum is reminding you that it’s 1QB. You have to be happy with your decision, and you know your league best.

That said, with so many picks, I agree that I would go RB/WR with those first three picks and seek some consolidating trades later. A couple of 2nds should be enough to buy a QB in Stafford's range, and you could explore a trade for an aging asset like Brady or even Rodgers from a team by including a young player with them.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:54 am

Take BPA and trade your 2.7 or 2.11 for a Stafford/Mayfield type.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.