Potential CMC deal

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
L.Washington
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Potential CMC deal

Postby L.Washington » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:00 am

Team 1 in sig. I've been going back and forth with the CMC owner trying to cook something up. He's basically in full rebuild mode after a complete collapse last season and already has 1.04 and 1.05. After some back and forth he wants DJM, 1.06, my 22 1st, and 2.12 but he's willing to give something back on top. He suggested something in the ballpark of 1.08/1.09 which I would definitely do, but he doesn't have either of those picks and I have no clue if he's got the juice to actually get one of them.

I was thinking of offering him the below package instead to get it done now instead of waiting around and potentially missing the window. I think he would accept, but would it be enough return? Not sure how confident I am in Carr long term but he should be a good QB3 for the short term.

Give: DJM, 1.06, 2.12, 2022 1st (mine so hopefully late)
Get: CMC, D. Carr
12 tm SF .5 PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLX, SF
QB - J. Fields, Dak, Russ, Love
RB - ETN, D. Cook, D. Swift, B. Robinson, R. Penny, K. Miller, G. Edwards
WR - G. Wilson, T. Higgins, JSN, D. Samuel, DJM, G. Davis, R. Moore, W. Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Schultz, Irv, C. Kmet, Everett
2024: 1st, 3rd, 4th
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Potential CMC deal

Postby krtbuckeye » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:56 am

Not sure if this would fly, but since he's willing to add the value of 1.08-1.09 to your current offer that includes 1.06, why not see if he'd take 1.11 instead of 1.06 and he not add anything else? Making the offer DJM/1.11/2.12/2022 1st for CMC...I'd rather hold 1.06 and let him keep Carr if you can get him to take 1.11. If he baulks at that, I'd be willing to up 2.12 to 2.07 in an effort to keep 1.06 also.

I don't mean to create scenarios, as I'm not sure what all talks have gone on so far, but I would see how far you can push since he's in full rebuild. If none of that works, I don't mind the offer as you have it above, I'd just prefer an alternative where you hold 1.06 to get a top tier WR to potentially replace DJM.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:59 am

If you want CMC, I would accept the Carr deal if it's an option. This seems light for CMC alone based on the crazy price tag he has. I would not tinker to much here and lose a deal.
Last edited by Gator Sens on Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

L.Washington
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby L.Washington » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:15 am

Yeah, I had the same thought about swapping in 1.11 without Carr in the deal but he wouldn't go for it. He seems dead set on getting a top 6 pick back, which I don't blame him given who he's giving up, so I'll try the Carr deal and see how it goes then.
12 tm SF .5 PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLX, SF
QB - J. Fields, Dak, Russ, Love
RB - ETN, D. Cook, D. Swift, B. Robinson, R. Penny, K. Miller, G. Edwards
WR - G. Wilson, T. Higgins, JSN, D. Samuel, DJM, G. Davis, R. Moore, W. Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Schultz, Irv, C. Kmet, Everett
2024: 1st, 3rd, 4th
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:47 am

L.Washington wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:15 am Yeah, I had the same thought about swapping in 1.11 without Carr in the deal but he wouldn't go for it. He seems dead set on getting a top 6 pick back, which I don't blame him given who he's giving up, so I'll try the Carr deal and see how it goes then.
I still think that deal is a big win! Good luck!
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:25 am

I would want the 1.06 in his situation as well. It has essentially the same value to him as the 1.04 because it would allow him 3 consecutive picks at the top of the draft. You’re going to have to decide if this is the piece that opens your championship window or not. I realize you hold the 1.01, so we know how that should be spent, but will you be able to add any other pieces you need without that draft capital?

The rest of your team (outside OBJ) is young and giving up Moore looks like it would squeeze your WR depth a bit. I like CMC as much as the next guy, but it looks like you should hold and continue to build with those picks. This is a deep class, and with those other two 1sts and some 2nds you could come away with quite a stockpile of talent. Next offseason, you may be in a better position to consolidate that talent into one or two more studs.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:52 am

I am aware I am in the minorityy, but I think CMC's best days are behind him. I just don't see a way that Carolina can continue with useage they have given him in prior years. He is still going to be great, but I think he is no longer guaranteed to have elite stats. I would want the picks
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts