CMC v. Chubb/Jacobs EDIT: FINAL DEAL POSTED

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

CMC v. Chubb/Jacobs EDIT: FINAL DEAL POSTED

Postby Edgy68 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 am

For Panthers, I've had a league mate after one of my RBs since last offseason so that he may add one more viable starter. I had a crazy idea about putting out an offer of my two backs for his star. I think I'd like a little something back, like a late 2nd, but I think the workhorse aspect of CMC mitigates the production of the other two and allows me to put someone else in my starting lineup.

What do you think? Does the offer have merit?

EDIT
Final deal stands at his CMC, 2.11, 3.05 for Chubb, Jacobs, and Harold Landry. Landry finished top 10 at DL in our settings, so he has value. I'm confident I can replace his production, making this an acceptable sweetener to him as long as the player I'm getting in McCaffrey continues to produce.
Last edited by Edgy68 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Re: CMC v. Chubb/Jacobs

Postby MyTeam » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:44 am

You have 5 very good startable RBs but you are only able to start 4. This trade makes sense but it is definitely an overpay. I would try to downgrade those RBs you are sending to Mixon and maybe Zeke and try to get something back.
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:35 am

MyTeam wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:44 am You have 5 very good startable RBs but you are only able to start 4. This trade makes sense but it is definitely an overpay. I would try to downgrade those RBs you are sending to Mixon and maybe Zeke and try to get something back.
Agreed. I would start with Mixon and Jacobs and see if that gets it done. I would be hesitant to move Chubb + another solid RB.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:35 am

MyTeam wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:44 am You have 5 very good startable RBs but you are only able to start 4. This trade makes sense but it is definitely an overpay. I would try to downgrade those RBs you are sending to Mixon and maybe Zeke and try to get something back.
Great point here! I love the concept of this trade, but would rather keep Jacobs/Chubb over Mixon/Zeke. If he doesn't go for that, then maybe combine Jacobs with one of Mixon/Zeke if needed.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:16 pm

These are all good ideas I’m literally in the process of pitching him. The problem stems from the fact that Chubb has been his target from last offseason. He doesn’t seem to have any fondness for Mixon, so I’ve floated the 2.05 with Mixon/Jacobs for CMC + 3.05, as well as Jacobs/Zeke for CMC (although I do feel Elliott bounces back and has a strong couple of years yet).
Wasteland
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:24 pm

Edgy68 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:16 pm These are all good ideas I’m literally in the process of pitching him. The problem stems from the fact that Chubb has been his target from last offseason. He doesn’t seem to have any fondness for Mixon, so I’ve floated the 2.05 with Mixon/Jacobs for CMC + 3.05, as well as Jacobs/Zeke for CMC (although I do feel Elliott bounces back and has a strong couple of years yet).
I agree about Zeke, the only reason I mentioned floating him is because of the depth that you have. I’m also pretty low on Mixon, so Zeke/Mixon seemed about right for CMC, but sounds like the other owner is even lower on Mixon than I.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: CMC v. Chubb/Jacobs EDIT: FINAL DEAL POSTED

Postby Edgy68 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:17 pm

He's focused on Chubb and Jacobs only.

Final deal stands at his CMC, 2.11, 3.05 for Chubb, Jacobs, and Harold Landry. Landry finished top 10 at DL in our settings, so he has value. I'm confident I can replace his production, making this an acceptable sweetener to him as long as the player I'm getting in McCaffrey continues to produce.

A reasonable way to add the top producing RB?
Wasteland
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:30 pm

Edgy68 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:17 pm He's focused on Chubb and Jacobs only.

A reasonable way to add the top producing RB?
It's likely the cost to land CMC, but I'm not sure I could move both RB's for him. I would hold despite CMC being the best piece.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:41 pm

That is pretty steep for CMC, but Hunt taking some production from Chubb and Jacobs’ inconsistency aren’t non-factors. If that’s the final offer and it’s what he’ll accept, I’d do it for CMC.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019