Blow it up or win now?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Blow it up or win now?

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:24 am

16 team superflex .5ppr

Start QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex

Finished 8-5 but got bounced in the first week of the playoffs. Injuries got to me for sure, as well as Wentz benching.

Murray/Wentz
Carson/Chubb/DJ/Gurley
Julio/Jefferson/Thielen/MT/Crowder/McLaurin
Henry/Njoku/Herndon/Albert O

Don’t have draft capital this year - traded it mostly away to compete this year. My WRs are solid, RBs are pretty good, QBs are iffy, TEs are decent considering I don’t have one of the top 3.

Thoughts on what to do? Do I keep on trucking and consider this a fluky season? Or do I start selling off some of my older guys - Julio/Thielen/DJ/Gurley - for picks? Obviously this isn’t the best time to move vets and buy picks.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Blow it up or win now?

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:42 am

Tough call in a 16 team league as your are fairly solid overall. I would be interested to see what happens with Carson in free agency, but that is always a gamble. I do think Johnson, Gurley, Jones and Thielen are all starting to head downhill in the trade value market, but could help your team this year still. Again, I think you are in a tough spot as your RB's are aging outside of Chubb and your WR's are at that point of losing value. I would make most of your team available for trade outside of Chubb and Jefferson and see what offers come, but would not sell for pennies.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:05 am

I would look to retool a bit around Murray, Chubb, Jefferson, Thomas, and McLaurin. I would see what you could get, whether it be draft capital or younger guys with upside, for the rest of the squad. Being picky about deals will be the toughest thing here because guys like Julio, Thielen, and Carson could be good for 2021 still. In a 16 teamer, I would think this would still be a very competitive team in 2021, especially if Wentz gets his job back, but never hurts to see what’s out there to extend the window. I don’t think think it’s a blow up candidate though.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:47 am

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:42 am Tough call in a 16 team league as your are fairly solid overall. I would be interested to see what happens with Carson in free agency, but that is always a gamble. I do think Johnson, Gurley, Jones and Thielen are all starting to head downhill in the trade value market, but could help your team this year still. Again, I think you are in a tough spot as your RB's are aging outside of Chubb and your WR's are at that point of losing value. I would make most of your team available for trade outside of Chubb and Jefferson and see what offers come, but would not sell for pennies.
I should have clarified that I would not move Murray and wait and see what happens with Wentz also being SF.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:20 pm

For me, in a 16 teamer, you still have a very competitve team. I fully believe Pederson was fired because the team wanted Wentz starting and he didn't. You are close to over the hump, so would try to make some minor moves to get younger, but I wouldn't blow up yet
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:29 pm

I appreciate it guys. I have finished borderline playoff the last couple of years and have had mixed results. Runner up a couple years ago, but never taking home the trophy. I do like the majority of my team, but it’s hard to judge my roster. I appreciate the unbiased opinions.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:19 pm

This has to be one of the better teams in a 16 team league on paper. Try to win as long as wentz has a job.