Full rebuild assistance

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
nicktahoes
Starter
Starter

Full rebuild assistance

Postby nicktahoes » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:10 pm

My team two in signature is going into year 2 of a rebuild. I feel fine with my qbs right now and my wrs aren't terrible. Running back is garbage. I listed the picks I have in this draft. I was just looking to see other people thoughts on my team and how to best continue the rebuild.

I had been trying to trade MT all season and for obvious reasons no one wanted him.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Team 1:
PPR--QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, Superflex, Flex x2
QBs: Lawrence, Stafford, Geno, Hooker, Rush
RBs: Ekeler, Kamara, Achane, Elijah Mitchell, Dillon, Kelley, Moss, Jamaal Williams
WRs: Adams, Hopkins, Waddle, Kirk, JSN, Boyd, OBJ, Hyatt
TEs: Kelce, Hockenson, Taysom, Irv Smith

and then a few minor players and rookie stashed on taxi

Z$$$
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Full rebuild assistance

Postby Z$$$ » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:18 pm

QB2, which will turn into your QB3 after Burrow returns sometime next season, is a big need. 1.02 will help with that. You may have to use 1.04 also which won’t help your RBs out. Sell MT closer to season when his value should go up for a couple of young RBs and keep building.
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 5IDP
QB: Rodgers, Love
RB: Achane, Gibson, Dillon, Sanders
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, G Wilson, Rice, JSN, Burks
TE: Goedert, Likely, Musgraves
2024 Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11

16 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Stafford, Fields
RB: Gibbs, Singletary, Dallas, Juszczyk
WR: Lamb, Burks, G Wilson, JSN, Q Johnson, Hardman, Goodwin
TE: Dulcich, Albert O, Gray, Granson

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:40 pm

I would go BPA with your picks and patience is your biggest need from there. Your RB core is a mess but hopefully a couple point producers emerge this year with your group and I would 100% move Thomas but not this offseason. Let his value rebound a bit next year. If he comes out hot or simply gets back on track, your return will be way better than it will be at any point this offseason. Again, patience is your biggest thing this offseason, you have a ways to go here.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:53 pm

Thomas’ value is probably at its lowest since he was drafted. I would hold off on moving him now and let that situation settle a bit. Draft well and keep plugging away here.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Perry_Grin13
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Perry_Grin13 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:27 pm

In Superflex 3 QB is a must, 4 is optimal. I would take a QB at 1.02. 1.04 take BPA which should be either harris, smith, chase. Rest of picks BPA as well. I don't know how it is in your league, but in my QB's mid season when people are desperate during bye weeks/injuries can be flipped for a nice reward. Taking a few fliers on young QB's with the hope of flipping them can turn a team around quick.

Having Mahomes, Burrow, #2 QB (most likely fields) you could be set at the most important position for 15+ years.
12 team SF, 45 man rosters, 5 Taxi, unlimited IR
O-Scoring: 6pt Pass TD/-4pt int/PPR/TE Premium
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SF, 1K, 1P,
D-Scoring: 8pt sack/8pt int/IL Premium
Start: 1 IL(3-4 DL, 4-3DT), 2 EDR(3-4OLB,4-3DE), 2 LB, 2 CB, 1 S, 1 DB, 1 IL/EDR/LB, 1 D-Flex

QB: Lamar/Tannehill/Mayfield/Darnold
RB: Miles Sanders/D. Swift/James Robinson/R. Jones/D. Harris/R Penny/L Murray/B. Scott
WR: AJ Brown/Golladay/Allen Robinson/T. Higgins/Van Jefferson/G. Davis/Bryan Edwards/Scotty Miller
TE: Andrews/Goedert
K: J. Sanders
P: R. Dixon
CB: Tyron Johnson/Carlton Davis/Mike Hilton
S: K. Neal/T. Rapp/J Chinn/D Sorensen
EDR: M Garrett/Maxx Crosby/ Josh Allen/Y. Gross-Matos/H Reddick/C. Ferrell
IL: S Tuitt/E Oliver/M Ioannidis
LB: D. White/D. Jones/F. Warner/L. Vander Esch/L. Wilson

'19,'20: Champion
'21 picks: 1.02, 1.03, 2.03, 2.12, 3.06, 3.12, 6.08, 7.12
'22 picks: 1,1,1, 2,3,4,5,6,7
'23 picks: 1,1, 3,4,5,7

nicktahoes
Starter
Starter

Postby nicktahoes » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:19 am

Perry_Grin13 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:27 pm In Superflex 3 QB is a must, 4 is optimal. I would take a QB at 1.02. 1.04 take BPA which should be either harris, smith, chase. Rest of picks BPA as well. I don't know how it is in your league, but in my QB's mid season when people are desperate during bye weeks/injuries can be flipped for a nice reward. Taking a few fliers on young QB's with the hope of flipping them can turn a team around quick.

Having Mahomes, Burrow, #2 QB (most likely fields) you could be set at the most important position for 15+ years.
I don't disagree that 1.02 in a SF probably should be a QB but what if I just took a RB at 1.02 and 1.04? How would that look? I just have a feeling Fields is going to be the next Rosen or Haskins. I am not sure why I feel that way. It's just a feeling. Then I go BPA at 1.12 and 2.02 or maybe trade up a few spots and try and get Pitts.

This league doesn't have a huge amount of trading. When a trade does happen it's usually fair. No one seems to be making too lopsided of a trade.

I'm just thinking out loud at the different possibilities. Last year with my top three picks I took Burrow, Lamb and Reagor.
Team 1:
PPR--QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, Superflex, Flex x2
QBs: Lawrence, Stafford, Geno, Hooker, Rush
RBs: Ekeler, Kamara, Achane, Elijah Mitchell, Dillon, Kelley, Moss, Jamaal Williams
WRs: Adams, Hopkins, Waddle, Kirk, JSN, Boyd, OBJ, Hyatt
TEs: Kelce, Hockenson, Taysom, Irv Smith

and then a few minor players and rookie stashed on taxi

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:12 am

I'd lean against rb unless you plan to sell right away....your team is not close. If it was... You wouldn't be thinking about selling thomas. Don't mind wr if you don't like qb, but I think you have to be thinking 3+ yrs and that's hitting on picks and playing the wire.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:13 am

Go BPA and dont worry about positional need. In superflex, QBs carry a ton of value in most leagues. I dont think you need 3 top end QBs, but having extra gives you a trade advantage...so if you take two QBs this year, so be it.

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:20 am

RB is the last position you look to fill in a rebuild. I know the pull to end a rebuild is strong. We’d all like to think we have a shot for the money. But rebuilds can be short-circuited by pulling out too soon.
For your format, continuing to draft top QBs and WRs is the way to go for now. Be patient. Thomas will regain some value next year, once he’s playing to show his ankle is fully healed. Whether you feel you can make a trade happen in your league or not, having extra QBs in SF give you the flexibility to make a deal. There are a couple 2nd tier RBs prospects coming out, but will they be productive when you are fully ready to compete. Also, with such a deep class, you may be able to move some of those 2nds and 3rds for 1sts and 2nds next year as well. That will give you more trade flexibility, and you have quite a few young WRs that need a season or two to develop and see which way they are moving.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:32 am

Get your QBs while you can.
Trade MT next year once Brees or Winston will show that he's still a stud
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:46 am

Always take BPA. If it's two RBs for YOUR board, do it.

I took Jonathan Taylor over Joe Burrow at 1.01 last year for team 4 in my sig because he was my 1.01 in that format, even being a superflex. Got called out in our chat for a bad pick, but I didn't care because he was my guy. Go with your gut and build your team the way you want.

A young, elite RB is IMO the HARDEST position to acquire after a a dynasty rookie draft, even in superflex. You can patch up your QB situation as we get closer to the season by finding a cheap undervalued vet and playing the waiver wire.
Team 1: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '16 & '17 3rd, '20 2nd Place
REBUILD STARTED 2019
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex
Kyler,Stafford,Herbert
Zeke,Sanders,Swift,Moss,Robinson,Mattison,Gio
Cooper,Juju,AJB,Reagor,Ruggs,Mims,Kirk,Bateman,Moore
Kelce,Henry
2022: 2,3,4

Team 2: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '17 & '20 2nd Place
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex
Rodgers,Stafford
Zeke,Conner,Robinson,Dillon,CEvans,Mattison,Edmonds,Davis