Hopkins Deal

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Trade

Hopkins
33%
Jeudy, Deebo, 1.06
67%

Total votes: 21

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Hopkins Deal

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:09 am

Team in sig.

Was offered DeAndre Hopkins for Jeudy, Deebo, & 1.06.

Feels a bit steep, but looking for other opinions as I’m sure I overvalue my own guys to an extent.

My team could definitely use a top notch WR. Is my team close enough to contention to give up some youth for Hopkins. I worry about my QBs also, and wouldn’t have any high picks to address.
12 Team PPR, SF, TEP (2 PPR)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, SF, 2 Flex

QB - Burrow, Prescott, Cousins
RB - Jacobs, Etienne, Kamara, Hubbard, Ford, Gibson, Dobbins, CEH, Hunt
WR - Chase, Lamb, Metcalf, Diontae, Ridley, Bateman, Thielen, Iosivas, Charlie Jones, Derius Davis, Rakim Jarrett
TE - Kincaid, Goedert, Fant, Jelani Woods

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Hopkins Deal

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:40 am

I really like the youth you have at RB and WR currently, but this is a great price for Hopkins. I like Jeudy a lot, but his QB situation being up in the air and prospectively having Sutton, Fant, Patrick, and Hamler (maybe even Albert O to a lesser extent) all competing for targets as viable options doesn’t help.
Hopkins gives you an elite WR while still retaining Lamb and not giving up one of your young RBs. Very nice deal, IMO.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:44 am

I'm low on Deebo, but your QB room isn't ready to compete yet. Plus you have to start 3 WRs and then you still have 2 additional flex spots. Keep the package for your build. 1.06 in SF TE prem is a valuable pick.

ryhan1014
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ryhan1014 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:46 am

With your build, I would pass on this.

I think Jeudy is better than he showed this season, and I wouldn't want to give up two WRs with your start 3 requirement.
12-team, .5ppr (20 man roster). Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2FLX(WRT), 1TE

QB: J. Allen, R. Wilson, D. Jones
RB: J. Taylor, S. Barkley, M. Sanders, Z. Moss, K. Mitchell, T. Spears
WR: T. Hill, J. Jefferson, T. Higgins, K. Allen, P. Nacua, D. Moore, T. McLaurin, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson
TE: M. Andrews, D. Kincaid, D. Allen
K: J. Tucker
Def: Cowboys, Raiders

2019: 10-6 (Runner up)
2020: 11-4 (Champion)
2021: 15-2 (Runner up)
2022: 14-3 (Champion)
2023: 10-5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:32 am

I would hold based on your build and keep moving forward with your youth. For SF, your QB core is too risky to go all in on an aging player, albeit elite.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:11 am

Thanks on the input everyone!

WR - Chase, Lamb, Metcalf, Diontae, Ridley, Bateman, Thielen, Iosivas, Charlie Jones, Derius Davis, Rakim Jarrett

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:07 pm

krtbuckeye wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:40 am I really like the youth you have at RB and WR currently, but this is a great price for Hopkins. I like Jeudy a lot, but his QB situation being up in the air and prospectively having Sutton, Fant, Patrick, and Hamler (maybe even Albert O to a lesser extent) all competing for targets as viable options doesn’t help.
Hopkins gives you an elite WR while still retaining Lamb and not giving up one of your young RBs. Very nice deal, IMO.
I have to apologize to the OP here. I was in a bit of a rush earlier when I previously posted and completely missed that this was SF and TE prem. My original post applies to 1QB/non-TE prem and was misleading/poor advice given your settings. That drastically changes the value of 1.06, to the extent that I would hold. The options on the board there will be great and I agree with the others on your QB room not being quite in a spot to compete in SF.

I hope to be a productive member of the community here and try to give thoughtful advise when I can. I apologize for not paying close attention to the league settings before posting.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:08 pm

krtbuckeye wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:07 pm
krtbuckeye wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:40 am I really like the youth you have at RB and WR currently, but this is a great price for Hopkins. I like Jeudy a lot, but his QB situation being up in the air and prospectively having Sutton, Fant, Patrick, and Hamler (maybe even Albert O to a lesser extent) all competing for targets as viable options doesn’t help.
I have to apologize to the OP here. I was in a bit of a rush earlier when I previously posted and completely missed that this was SF and TE prem. My original post applies to 1QB/non-TE prem and was misleading/poor advice given your settings. That drastically changes the value of 1.06, to the extent that I would hold. The options on the board there will be great and I agree with the others on your QB room not being quite in a spot to compete in SF.

I hope to be a productive member of the community here and try to give thoughtful advise when I can. I apologize for not paying close attention to the league settings before posting.
No worries! Appreciate the thought!

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:34 am

In SF I'd take Jeudy side because the 1.06 could be used to replace Hopkins fast.
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

smmcfarl
Captain
Captain

Postby smmcfarl » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:20 am

Yep hold and take the best WR available at the 1.06. Jeudy and Deebo should pan out as well so those 3 WR's will set you up nicely going forward.
12 team league - 1.0 PPR - 6pt TD's
Start 1Qb, 2Rb, 2Wr, 1Te, 2Flex, 1SF

Prescott, Brissett, Watson, Geno Smith, Corral
Mixon, Damien Harris, Carter, Jamaal Williams, Hines, Sermon, Ingram
Chase, Hill, DJ Moore, D. Smith, Marvin Jones, Shenault, R. Moore
Hockenson, Higbee, Smith, Otton

2023(1,1,1,1,1,3,4,4)
2024(1,2,3,4)

95dent
Starter
Starter