Blockbuster Keeper League Trade Offer!! What should I do??

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Blockbuster Keeper League Trade Offer!! What should I do??

Postby dynofun » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:02 pm

OK sorry in advance because I realize this isn't a Dynasty League question. This is a 10 team PPR Keeper League where we keep 5 players each season. My current 5 Keepers are J.Taylor/Swift/Dobbins/2 of (Mixon, Terry McLaurin, Cooper and Evans and as of right this very second I am leaning towards keeping Terry Mc and Evans) main reason I would do that is because I have the 1.01(most likely taking Najee Harris or best available dropped player and possible candidates include M.Sanders, Montgomery or CeeDee Lamb among many others), 1.04, 1.08 and 5 2nd round picks in the coming 2021 draft. I just got this crazy offer and I am curious as to what you guys think as to whether or not I should accept it. Here is the offer:

I would give up: Terry McLaurin/Washington Defense(throw in)/1.01/1.03/1.08/2.09/5.08/2022 3rd/2023 1st

for

I would receive Dalvin Cook/Davante Adams

If I would accept this trade my 5 Keepers would be Dalvin/J.Taylor/Swift/Dobbins/Adams. This is a very hard trade to gauge. I feel for the short term I would probably be better off taking the offer but for the long run probably better to just stay put. Thoughts guys?
Last edited by dynofun on Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Blockbuster Keeper League Trade Offer!! What should I do??

Postby repkllrs » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:35 pm

Starting requirements?
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:56 pm

This would give you 5 big time keepers while still staying young with three of them. If you are all in this year and next, the deal makes sense. What do the other strong teams look like? The value is about right, but looks like a ton to give up. Picks are never a guarantee to hit however. What would your QB situation be?

dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynofun » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:12 am

repkllrs wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:35 pm Starting requirements?
1 QB/2 RBs/2 WRs/2 Flex (RB, WR or TE)/1 TE/1 K/1 Def

dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynofun » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:19 am

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:56 pm This would give you 5 big time keepers while still staying young with three of them. If you are all in this year and next, the deal makes sense. What do the other strong teams look like? The value is about right, but looks like a ton to give up. Picks are never a guarantee to hit however. What would your QB situation be?
Forgot to mention that I will also have the following 2nd round picks coming up even if I did do this trade:

I have the 2.01/2.03/2.08 and 2.10. The strongest teams have the following 5 Keepers.

#1 team - If I don't accept his offer he would keep Dalvin, Adams, Jefferson, Ridley, Kittle (dropping M.Sanders and Montgomery but he also could trade them to a team that needs a Keeper or two which is very likely). But as of now he is draft pick poor missing his own 1st, 2nd and 3rd but has the 4.01 and all of his own picks from that point on being the #9 slot.

#2 team - He will keep Kamara/Chubb/A.Jones and 2 of (CEH, K.Allen, Hopkins) so he will be dropping or trading Drake, Lamb and Waller and has the following picks in the coming draft - 1.04, 1.10 and then no 2nds but 2 3rds, 2 4ths and 2 5ths along with all of his own picks from there on being the #10 slot.

As for my QB situation I would take a QB with 1 of my 4 2nd round picks most likely.

dynofun
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynofun » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:31 am

dynofun wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:19 am
Gator Sens wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:56 pm This would give you 5 big time keepers while still staying young with three of them. If you are all in this year and next, the deal makes sense. What do the other strong teams look like? The value is about right, but looks like a ton to give up. Picks are never a guarantee to hit however. What would your QB situation be?
Forgot to mention that I will also have the following 2nd round picks coming up even if I did do this trade:

I have the 2.01/2.03/2.08 and 2.10. The strongest teams have the following 5 Keepers.

#1 team - If I don't accept his offer he would keep Dalvin, Adams, Jefferson, Ridley, Kittle (dropping M.Sanders and Montgomery but he also could trade them to a team that needs a Keeper or two which is very likely). But as of now he is draft pick poor missing his own 1st, 2nd and 3rd but has the 4.01 and all of his own picks from that point on being the #9 slot.

#2 team - He will keep Kamara/Chubb/A.Jones and 2 of (CEH, K.Allen, Hopkins) so he will be dropping or trading Drake, Lamb and Waller and has the following picks in the coming draft - 1.04, 1.10 and then no 2nds but 2 3rds, 2 4ths and 2 5ths along with all of his own picks from there on being the #10 slot.

As for my QB situation I would take a QB with 1 of my 4 2nd round picks most likely.
I also could possibly counter taking out Adams and putting in Ridley or Jefferson and not including the 1.01 in the deal and keeping everything else the same. Not sure he would do that but he might?

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:15 am

Keep your draft picks. In a keeper league you can't win with just keepers alone. You'll need to draft some guys and having 5 guys who preformed well last season and nobody else on the roster doesn't work. The 1.01 will land you a top guy and those other firsts are super valuable.
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:37 am

Does this trade make adams and cook your 4th and 5th keepers or would mclaurin and x be your keepers and adams and cook locked in as the other teams keepers? In other words will this give you 6 players going into the draft? If so this is a yes, if not you need to look at the trade as mclaurin, Mixon (or evans or whoever you are no longer able to keep), and the picks for adams cook and it becomes much closer. If that’s the case I’d counter including one of those players and 1 less pick.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:51 am

My initial reaction is, wow that would be an incredible keeper group. After thinking about it more though, I am agreeing with MyTeam above. Your current keepers are strong, currently and moving forward, but those draft picks this year will load you up with a great team for 2021 and could likely net a future keeper or 2 (from 1.01 and 1.03) that would supplant Evans and/or McLaurin starting next year. With the draft including dropped players, not just rookies, and you’re looking at being able to land a few of Lamb, Harris, Etienne, and some of the other drops. I would hold, as tempting as the offer is.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:49 am

Considering you only have 5 keepers that means the rest of your roster will be trash. I would pass.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:14 pm

MyTeam wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:15 am Keep your draft picks. In a keeper league you can't win with just keepers alone. You'll need to draft some guys and having 5 guys who preformed well last season and nobody else on the roster doesn't work. The 1.01 will land you a top guy and those other firsts are super valuable.
If you don’t make the trade, you will fill out your starters by round 2 of the draft, and it’s not like any of your existing keepers are bums to be replaced.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln