Narrowing Down Add/Drops

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Narrowing Down Add/Drops

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:31 am

Which 4 of the following would you roster:

Mark Ingram
Salvon Ahmed
La"Mical Perine
Gus Edwards
A.J. Green
Collin Johnson
James Washington
Eno Benjamin
JJ Taylor
Antonio Callaway (on account of KC news)
Ito Smith
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Narrowing Down Add/Drops

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:27 am

Ahmed
Perine - NFL draft dependent
Edwards - landing spot will be key
Johnson - tied to Lawrence

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:46 am

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:27 am Ahmed
Thanks Gator! Ahmed, Perine, Edwards (added) felt like locks but I was going back and forth between AJG, Washington, and Johnson. I was fine letting AJG go, but want to see what Washington may do without JuJu, so I just cut my kicker(Sanders) for Collin and will deal with that later. There are 4 K1s from 2020 sitting on FA, so not an issue there.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:50 am

krtbuckeye wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:46 am
Thanks Gator! Ahmed, Perine, Edwards (added) felt like locks but I was going back and forth between AJG, Washington, and Johnson. I was fine letting AJG go, but want to see what Washington may do without JuJu, so I just cut my kicker(Sanders) for Collin and will deal with that later. There are 4 K1s from 2020 sitting on FA, so not an issue there.
Washington is an interesting hold for me as well but love the thought of Johnson with Lawrence with his size and skill set.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:24 am

I am somewhat confused with Ahmed? The day Gaskins was healthy they clearly dropped him to the RB2. He backed up Gaskins in college and he is backing him up in the pro's, I honestly don't see that changing. If Miami drafts a RB he drops to RB3. Washington seems like a far better hold knowing Juju is gonna go that is 830 yards and 9tds vacated in that offense.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:16 pm

Yarnith wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:24 am I am somewhat confused with Ahmed? The day Gaskins was healthy they clearly dropped him to the RB2. He backed up Gaskins in college and he is backing him up in the pro's, I honestly don't see that changing. If Miami drafts a RB he drops to RB3. Washington seems like a far better hold knowing Juju is gonna go that is 830 yards and 9tds vacated in that offense.
I agree on Washington, and am holding him as well. I'm only holding Ahmed on the off chance that they don't draft an RB and he splits work with Gaskin (also acting as handcuff, though I don't have Gaskin).
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Apologies, I'm confused by this thread regarding Gus Edwards. Isn't he a restricted free agent? My understanding is those RFAs who perform well rarely change teams. I think you are almost certainly getting Edwards for another year on the Ravens, which makes him the biggest lock among everyone you've listed IMO.

Unless you guys are thinking some team makes a big enough offer to pry him away? In which case...it would seem said team would be wanting to use him a lot and it still makes him a keeper.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:34 pm

Paul717 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:53 pm
Apologies, I'm confused by this thread regarding Gus Edwards. Isn't he a restricted free agent? My understanding is those RFAs who perform well rarely change teams. I think you are almost certainly getting Edwards for another year on the Ravens, which makes him the biggest lock among everyone you've listed IMO.

Unless you guys are thinking some team makes a big enough offer to pry him away? In which case...it would seem said team would be wanting to use him a lot and it still makes him a keeper.
Sorry for the confusion, I think my last post was a bit convoluted. I ended up keeping/adding 5 (Edwards, Ahmed, Perine, Washington, and Johnson) rather than 4. I just cut my kicker to make room and will see how the offseason plays out before making room to grab a kicker as the season starts.

Thank you all for the input!
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:44 pm

[/quote]

Sorry for the confusion, I think my last post was a bit convoluted. I ended up keeping/adding 5 (Edwards, Ahmed, Perine, Washington, and Johnson) rather than 4. I just cut my kicker to make room and will see how the offseason plays out before making room to grab a kicker as the season starts.

Thank you all for the input!
[/quote]

Oh sorry I didn't read all the replies carefully enough. Dropping a kicker (for now) was absolutely the right call. There is a SMALL handful of instances over the years where keeping a kicker was warranted, but you made the right call here.

Nice work.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jwb32 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:52 pm

Edwards
James Washington
Perine
Ahmed
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)