Adams for Taylor+

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Adams for Taylor+

Postby Zhoward88 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:14 am

Team in sig. sent message/offer to other owner.,

Give Adams for j Taylor and chark. Or Adams for CEH, chark, and a 2021 2nd. Or neither. Which way should I go.
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Adams for Taylor+

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:22 am

Adams looks to be a bit more important to your build. I like the idea of locking up Taylor, but Chark does not do much for you wr core. I'm not a big believer in Chark though.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:37 am

I actually like Chark if he gets his shiny new QB.

With your build though.. not so much.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:00 pm

If I am rebuilding and moving a stud WR I think I want a couple of young WRs and picks back. I really like JT but when building I generally stay away from RBs.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:25 pm

10 team league I like this deal. I’m also high on both taylor and Chark woth Lawrence.

Shortie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Shortie » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:54 pm

joeday wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:00 pm If I am rebuilding and moving a stud WR I think I want a couple of young WRs and picks back. I really like JT but when building I generally stay away from RBs.
This...

I’d blow this team up as it’s not nearly strong enough in a 10t. And for young WRs and future draft picks. Not RBs.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:00 pm

Shortie wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:54 pm
joeday wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:00 pm If I am rebuilding and moving a stud WR I think I want a couple of young WRs and picks back. I really like JT but when building I generally stay away from RBs.
This...

I’d blow this team up as it’s not nearly strong enough in a 10t. And for young WRs and future draft picks. Not RBs.
This is a 16 keeper 10 team league. Building around young wr depth sounds like a clogged roster to me.

Shortie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Shortie » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:59 am

Mtt33 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:00 pm

This is a 16 keeper 10 team league. Building around young wr depth sounds like a clogged roster to me.

This makes zero sense. Sure, it’s not a deep league but you still have to keep 16. I count about 6 people I’d keep and in a 10t league you should be stacked. If you blow it up you don’t build around RBs and getting picks and some young WRs isn’t anyone’s definition of “clogged roster” other than you apparently. :wall:

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:58 am

Shortie wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:59 am
Mtt33 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:00 pm

This makes zero sense. Sure, it’s not a deep league but you still have to keep 16. I count about 6 people I’d keep and in a 10t league you should be stacked. If you blow it up you don’t build around RBs and getting picks and some young WRs isn’t anyone’s definition of “clogged roster” other than you apparently. :wall:
You’re cute with you’re little emoji and not being able to see a year down the line. The lack of young depth on his roster doesn’t change overall strategy for me.
They start 8 in a 10 team league and keep 16 guys. There’s no reason to build much depth through trades in my opinion, you can get it easily through other teams cuts, you want elite young talent and that’s what Taylor is, he will go ahead of adams in a lot of startups this offseason. Getting a young wr on top who’s value is likely to spike as soon as Lawrence name is called on draft day makes this a win for me.
Take your dickhead responses elsewhere when you’re recommending 12 team 25 roster strategy to a 10 team keeper.

Shortie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Shortie » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:06 pm

Mtt33 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:58 am You’re cute with you’re little emoji and not being able to see a year down the line. The lack of young depth on his roster doesn’t change overall strategy for me.
They start 8 in a 10 team league and keep 16 guys. There’s no reason to build much depth through trades in my opinion, you can get it easily through other teams cuts, you want elite young talent and that’s what Taylor is, he will go ahead of adams in a lot of startups this offseason. Getting a young wr on top who’s value is likely to spike as soon as Lawrence name is called on draft day makes this a win for me.
Take your dickhead responses elsewhere when you’re recommending 12 team 25 roster strategy to a 10 team keeper.

Why would anyone listen to your obvious lack of experience...eesh. Here are just some of the faults in your ongoing horrible advice.

Problem #1: “Lack of young depth” isn’t what I said was the problem - try “no depth”
Problem #2: To compete in a 10t league you need to be stacked at all 8. He’s nowhere near close to that.
Problem #3: You thinking a waiver wire solves that
Problem #4: He’s at best breaking even here on the trade. And for a non-competing team “Taylor is elite” isn’t changing that equation.

...and of course Problem #5: You. clearly. are. bad. at. life. (and fantasy football).

Sit down, Bish. You’re making this too easy.

:wall: :think: :dance: :pray: :dance: :biggrin: :wtf: :angel: 8-) :problem: :thumbup:

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:04 am

Shortie wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:06 pm
Mtt33 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:58 am You’re cute with you’re little emoji and not being able to see a year down the line. The lack of young depth on his roster doesn’t change overall strategy for me.

Why would anyone listen to your obvious lack of experience...eesh. Here are just some of the faults in your ongoing horrible advice.

Problem #1: “Lack of young depth” isn’t what I said was the problem - try “no depth”
Problem #2: To compete in a 10t league you need to be stacked at all 8. He’s nowhere near close to that.
Problem #3: You thinking a waiver wire solves that
Problem #4: He’s at best breaking even here on the trade. And for a non-competing team “Taylor is elite” isn’t changing that equation.

...and of course Problem #5: You. clearly. are. bad. at. life. (and fantasy football).

Sit down, Bish. You’re making this too easy.

:wall: :think: :dance: :pray: :dance: :biggrin: :wtf: :angel: 8-) :problem: :thumbup:

#1 As i said, depth is not nearly as important in a 10 team 16 guy keeper, trading adams in a 1 for 2 adds to said depth...
#2 Taylor + sanders + Akers with hill and Chark, Murray in a 6 point passing league and a top 4-8 TE depending your view on goedert is not nearly as far off as your are pretending. Hill is a 1st round pick, he can easily flip Hill for the young WRs you refer to and be nicely setup to compete in 2022.
#3 never mentioned a waiver wire once. If you think nobody pops from everyone’s 17-25th guys on the roster every year you are crazy. My point is he can draft rookies AND other young talent that gets thrown back and only has to make his way to 16 keepers after 2021.
#4 This is just not true. ADP will reflect this in the offseason, Taylor will go ahead of adams in a lot of 10 team startups, they’re very closely valued in the format, Chark is essentially free here.
#5 I have no comeback, once you add all the periods and the bish it’s too sly and original. I’ll concede this one so you and your friends can have another little giggle by your lockers.

If you want to have an actual discussion I love a good back and forth, if you just want to toss more ignorant insults around I’ll pass on responding again. You’ll hopefully grow up some day, I wish you the best in the meantime.

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:23 am

In a ten team league with shallow starting requirements, I would take Taylor. I am not high on Chark at all and would look to flip him to someone who is high on him. JT and Adams will be very close in startup so I'd take the free piece. Plus WRs are a lot easier to replace. Don't plan on competing next year but I think the value is there.
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:58 am

As an Adams owner in a ten-team league with smaller rosters, I'm strongly considering shopping him to the JT owner even tho RB is already a position of strength for me. Stud RBs who get consistent touches win you smaller leagues like these, and JT has all the markings of being exactly that.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST: