Team Direction?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Team Direction?

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:49 am

Ok so i am in a 12 team ppr 6 point TD, 1 QB, 29 man limit roster league, about as basic as you can get.

Id like some opinions on what you all think i should try to do in regards to my future? Basically with the roster you are about to see should i try to go for it and trade some picks for win now guys, or should i be patient and build a strong dynasty team while also understanding that rookie picks dont always pan out. After years of messing around and having disaster teams i think my team now is in a very good spot with a solid young core so i dont want to mess this up, this offseason is very important and id just like your advice. Here is my roster and 2021 draft picks

Qb Matt Ryan, Derek Carr, Michell Trubisky, Taysom hill, Sam Darnold

RBs Nick Chubb, D'andre Swift, Antonio Gibson, then junk Gore and Hasty

Wrs Dk Metcalf, Denzel mims, Michael Pittman, Jalen Guyton, then junk Braxton Berrios, Gunner O from Patriots

Te Irv Smith Gerald Everett Harrison Bryant Adam Trautman Dawson Knox

Picks 1.03, 1.12, 2.02

Any advice please?

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Team Direction?

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:55 am

I would hold and keep building. You will add a couple nice young prospects with your picks this year and you have a young upside build that needs to grow. Mims and Pittman showed well in their early limited roles and could make jumps next year. Your RB core is in good shape. I would go BPA in the draft and again keep building. I think Irv Smith Jr will also make a nice jump next year and cement your TE room with nice flyers in Trautman and Harrison.

L.Washington
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby L.Washington » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:04 am

I think you have some solid pieces but I don't think you're just one or two guys away from contending so I would just stay the course right now. I don't play 1 QB leagues, but Matt Ryan as your QB1 seems sub-optimal and those other guys aren't great either. Also carrying 5 QBs seems like a bit much in a 1 QB league. Idk what starting requirements are, but you're thin at basically every spot except RB. I think I would shop Chubb because I think he's going to age out before you start competing, and if you can get bites on any of your QBs (probably Ryan is the most likely one to get a return) shop them too and try to get picks or some young WRs and then go from there.
12 tm SF .5 PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLX, SF
QB - J. Fields, Dak, Russ, Love
RB - ETN, D. Cook, D. Swift, B. Robinson, R. Penny, K. Miller, G. Edwards
WR - G. Wilson, T. Higgins, JSN, D. Samuel, DJM, G. Davis, R. Moore, W. Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Schultz, Irv, C. Kmet, Everett
2024: 1st, 3rd, 4th
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:14 am

L.Washington wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:04 am I think you have some solid pieces but I don't think you're just one or two guys away from contending so I would just stay the course right now. I don't play 1 QB leagues, but Matt Ryan as your QB1 seems sub-optimal and those other guys aren't great either. Also carrying 5 QBs seems like a bit much in a 1 QB league. Idk what starting requirements are, but you're thin at basically every spot except RB. I think I would shop Chubb because I think he's going to age out before you start competing, and if you can get bites on any of your QBs (probably Ryan is the most likely one to get a return) shop them too and try to get picks or some young WRs and then go from there.
Ya i was thinking of shopping chubb for a Wr (Ridley may be available) i think that would be optimal. Thank you for the advice though, Patience has always been an issue of mine but im finally in a good spot and i need to practice it. 2022 may be more my year then 2021.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:30 pm

You basically need WR and possibly a TE. Dk is a great building block and I like Mims and Pittman, but I wouldn't be confident rolling those 3 out each week.

I would see what you can get for Chubb when your draft comes. Try to get a solid WR+ back. RB should carry significant value premium over WR in most leagues, so dont just trade straight up. I sold chubb and rodgers for AJB, Tua, 2022 1st, for example.

I would not sell your picks and "go for it" quite yet. I think you would be assuming pittman, mims, and smith all take a big step forward. In reality, one of those guys will hit, maybe two if you are lucky. Take BPA in the draft and if you dont love the option at 1.03, try trading back. Something like 1.03 for 1.06 plus a 2nd.