Move Dalvin and MT in the Off season?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Move Dalvin and MT in the Off season?

Postby Titans95 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:02 am

This year is my league's super bowl year (double payout every 4 years) so if there's a time to get younger it seems like it would be now and I've got a pretty young team but was thinking about moving a few key pieces in the off season. We are adding a 2nd flex in 2021 and a SF in 2022. Below is my team.

10 Team PPR 1QB,2RB,2WR,2Flex - adding a SF in 2022.
QB: Dak Prescott, Baker Mayfield, Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, Guice :wall:,
WR: MT, OBJ, Diontea Johnson, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Andy Isabella, Anthony Miller, Jerry Jeudy, Parris Campbell, Deebo Samuel
TE: Ertz, Geodert, Jonnue Smith, OJ Howard, Gerald Everett
2021 Draft Picks: 1.03, 1.09 or 1.10,

I was thinking maybe its the time to move on from Dalvin, MT and OBJ? I love Dalvin but with his injury history I can imagine him dropping value rapidly and he will likely not be worth what he is this off season again. MT is a little troublesome with uncertainty at QB and the loss of the 2020 season but is it smart to get rid of him in a down year? OBJ at this point is uncertain to return WR1 value with the browns and has an injury history but maybe can get value from the name?

One owner has asked several times about a trade for Dalvin Cook and said he's willing to look at any trade. He seems likely to be willing to trade a haul of WR's for a top RB like Dalvin but would a trade like that make sense for me moving forward? His key pieces are
WR: Justin Jefferson, DK Metcalf, Ceedee Lamb, Amari Cooper
RB: Josh Jacobs
TE: Kittle
2021 1.02

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Move Dalvin and MT in the Off season?

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:04 am

Jefferson, Metcalf and Lamb would all be great adds. Moving either of Cook or Thomas all comes down to return. I would make both available but only sell for a great return.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:08 am

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:04 am Jefferson, Metcalf and Lamb would all be great adds. Moving either of Cook or Thomas all comes down to return. I would make both available but only sell for a great return.
What should I be looking at for return for a player like Cook or MT? Can I afford to move Cook for only young WR's? Should I try to work a deal with one or two those receivers and perhaps the 1.02 to acquire either Etienne or Harris? This league is very easy to trade a RB for high end receivers but nearly impossible the other way around. I think I can get a haul for Cook but would find it very difficult to replace him, is swift, dobbins, and Mixon enough depth?

I haven't kept up with fantasy as much this year with how busy I've been with life so I don't know how much these young WR's are worth, are all 3 top startup assets?

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:17 am

I think u’r right, it’s time to move on from Cook, but hold Thomas.

I sold Cook last offseason for basically the GB backfield. Cook was a stud this season, but I’m still good with it. I think the top 3 GB backfield could fracture into 2 or 3 legit starters over the next few years, and Cook goes over the ledge. He’s a sell high right now.

Thomas still managed to look pretty studly in a handful of starts during a very strange season. He’s a hold, value will go up, plus he could straight ball out for u next season
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:40 am

Titans95 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:08 am
Gator Sens wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:04 am Jefferson, Metcalf and Lamb would all be great adds. Moving either of Cook or Thomas all comes down to return. I would make both available but only sell for a great return.
What should I be looking at for return for a player like Cook or MT? Can I afford to move Cook for only young WR's? Should I try to work a deal with one or two those receivers and perhaps the 1.02 to acquire either Etienne or Harris? This league is very easy to trade a RB for high end receivers but nearly impossible the other way around. I think I can get a haul for Cook but would find it very difficult to replace him, is swift, dobbins, and Mixon enough depth?

I haven't kept up with fantasy as much this year with how busy I've been with life so I don't know how much these young WR's are worth, are all 3 top startup assets?
Jefferson + for me. Not sure if it's an option for Cook, but Cooks is a top 5 back. He should be very pricey.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:14 pm

I’d sell MT before Cook. On the flip side - Definitely take Cook straight up between the two or them.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Dalvin--Sell: coming off two career years with a messy injury history reaching the apex age for RBs: I like Jefferson+ as well but if not CD+1.2 is interesting too

MT--I would have sold last year personally: he was at peak value coming off a career year with Brees returning at the apex age for WRs; at this point, wait for the trade or for him to build back value via production in season because you'll get lowballed. If you get fair value then definitely sell

OBJ--wait for the landing spot/trade; imagine selling now and he ends up in Kansas City?
I have a hard time seeing him in a worse landing spot than Cleveland--he will get a value bump

srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby srlarson » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:35 am

I would look to move Mixon and OBJ first....if you can get anything for either....

Cook and MT price would have to be high, but no one is beyond Moving. Lots of Te's if you are not required to start one.....would thin that out and add another young QB in the draft prepping for SF.......

With the shallow starting reg......no sense going too deep...look for studs.....
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:27 am

I get the idea of trying to win every four years, but you still get payouts in the other 3. I'm not sure you can get metcalf straight up for cook, it really depends how the other person values to two players. Lamb or jefferson + would be good.

I also agree with you I'd be looking to move on from MT and OBJ, but you may not be able to for food value until next year or until their QBs are deteined (obj could get traded).

As someone with cook, Dobbins, and swift (team #2 in sig) I'm really looking forward to running them out the next few years.

Three final notes I'll put out there. (1) RB injuries are more common than WR injuries, and in a 10 teamer being able to put out studs is critical. Having an additional stud at RB than WR I think is wroth it. (2) we've really been spoiled by the recent RB classes. I don't think that's going to be the case in 2021 or 2022, whereas the wr classes look good. You may find it easier to replace wrs than rbs. (3) with your 1.09 and 1.10 picks you should consider moving back and drafting a rookie QB or 2 this year, before the conversion to SF. While I'd feel perfectly fine about your qbs if 2021 was going to be SF, I think with stafford's age you should address the issue now with the incoming qb class and be able to rely on them in 2022 after they have a year under their belt.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:17 pm

It’s a 10 team league and your team is stacked and already has young talent. Don’t overthink it just keep trying to win every year unless people want to pay up big for cook etc.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:11 pm

abloom wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:27 am I get the idea of trying to win every four years, but you still get payouts in the other 3. I'm not sure you can get metcalf straight up for cook, it really depends how the other person values to two players. Lamb or jefferson + would be good.

I also agree with you I'd be looking to move on from MT and OBJ, but you may not be able to for food value until next year or until their QBs are deteined (obj could get traded).

As someone with cook, Dobbins, and swift (team #2 in sig) I'm really looking forward to running them out the next few years.

Three final notes I'll put out there. (1) RB injuries are more common than WR injuries, and in a 10 teamer being able to put out studs is critical. Having an additional stud at RB than WR I think is wroth it. (2) we've really been spoiled by the recent RB classes. I don't think that's going to be the case in 2021 or 2022, whereas the wr classes look good. You may find it easier to replace wrs than rbs. (3) with your 1.09 and 1.10 picks you should consider moving back and drafting a rookie QB or 2 this year, before the conversion to SF. While I'd feel perfectly fine about your qbs if 2021 was going to be SF, I think with stafford's age you should address the issue now with the incoming qb class and be able to rely on them in 2022 after they have a year under their belt.
Thank you for the advice! I agree that it will be easier to find WR's than RB's in the upcoming years. As for moving Cook the reason I'm seriously considering is because I think I have a real shot of making a trade like DK+Jefferson for Cook straight up...This is a home league that is one of my favorite because so many people are willing to trade but they overvalue RB's so much. If I get rid of Cook I think I could get an absolute steal for some stud WR's but it will be nearly impossible to replace other than trading up in rookie drafts.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:18 pm

srlarson wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:35 am I would look to move Mixon and OBJ first....if you can get anything for either....

Cook and MT price would have to be high, but no one is beyond Moving. Lots of Te's if you are not required to start one.....would thin that out and add another young QB in the draft prepping for SF.......

With the shallow starting reg......no sense going too deep...look for studs.....
I agree! I think I'm going to have a hard time getting anything of value for Ertz or Howard though from the TE perspective. Luckily this is a a deep QB class it appears so I definitely plan on picking one up.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:04 am

I would take DK and JJ for Cook in a heartbeat
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10