Where to go from here...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Where to go from here...

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:30 am

I went 11-2 last year and bounced out in the first round and went 10-3 this year and just bounced out in the first round. My league seems to run heavily through WR's based on our starting requirements and the lack of true workhorse backs in the NFL anymore. Long story short, I'm looking to make some moves and head into next season with starting 1 RB a week and the rest WR's. Curious as to what everyone thinks about this build and what I should do moving forward? I'm not going to make moves just to make them, but it's not working when it comes to the playoffs for my team. I do not have a 1st or a 2nd currently in 2021.

12 team .5 PPR, start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and 3 flex - no particular order and some of these guys are strictly stashes/cuts.

QB: Mahomes and Lock
RB: Kamara, Aaron Jones, Mixon, L. Murray, Damien Harris, Ty Johnson, Huntley, Dowdle
WR: Ridley, Godwin, Jefferson, Mike Williams, Reynolds, Higgins, Collin Johnson, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs III, Harry, Gandy-Golden, Patmon
TE: Jonnu Smith, Engram, Njoku, OJ Howard, A. Okwuegbunam

As always, thank you for the input and advice all!

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Where to go from here...

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:44 am

Good team me personally I would look to cash out your 3 big backs. Get firsts and more elite wideouts. I like to be elite at every other position and pick and choose my trade target backs in the offseason
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:44 am

So you plan to sell one of mixon and Jones for WR/TE? If so, are you comfortable trading for an RB in season when your main RB gets injured or can you make sure you have the handcuff?

The strat has typically worked for me, but you need to get 4 of the top WR to get enough upside and positional advantage to match a team that has deeper RBs. I find I usually get knocked from the playoffs by teams with 2-3 RBs that go off at the right time.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:49 am

Fielding a team of primarily WRs is always risky cuz outside of the Davantes, Tyreeks, and '19 MTs of the world, their weekly production is too hard to predict. RB tend to be better for weekly points due to a more stable number of touches. Your RBs just bit you this year with injuries, either to themselves or to key teammates (Brees' injury has killed AK)
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:12 am

With the .5 PPR setting, I’m not sure I agree that going WR heavy is the best strategy. RBs should still win titles in that format. As others have said, you just got bit by the injury bug. I guess if you could turn one of Mixon or Jones into two viable starters, that’d be worth exploring. Maybe Hockenson plus an aging WR1 like Keenan or Nuk, or maybe Kelce plus a young WR like DJM/Higgins/Aiyuk?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:26 am

You have a very solid team, I wouldn't make a move unless it really made sense. Mayvbe Jones and a bench WR for one of the WR studs out there? I would prefer to move Mixon, his value isn't great right now.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:54 pm

I'd look to move aaron Jones and Godwin for DK or Aj brown and 1st and 2nd on top ....if 2nd is deal breaker I'd still do the 1st if it's top 5
TEAM 1
12 Team Half PPR Superflex ..1Qb , 2Rb, 3Wr,1 Te, 2Flex 1Superflex 1Def
QBs: Dak,Goff, Burrow
RBS: Bijan,Pacheco,D.Harris,Fournette,GibsonDillon,Penny, Darell Williams,Chestnut,Ty Chandler,M
Ingram, Goodson, K.Ingram
WR:Lamb,Tee,DJM,AJB, Boyd
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Your team is obviously good, or you wouldn’t have such records during the regular season. Playoffs are 1 game anomalies, so variance and luck play a greater role. You’ve just been unlucky, and that is disappointing. Don’t make any rash moves due to disappointment.
I have to echo the sentiment that top RBs usually are steadier and score better in .5 PPR. You have quite a few top WRs that should improve over the next year or two (Lamb, Higgins, Jeudy) to go with Ridley and Godwin. 5 RB/WR starters and a TE would make a stud TE a good purchase and I could see consolidating a little for a stud WR. But with no picks, you may be better off seeing how it goes next season (I would still get the stud TE).
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

ericp
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby ericp » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:34 am

I've tried this before and it just doesn't work in 0.5 ppr. RBs are still king. Need full PPR for a modified zero RB team.

stigskol
Role Player
Role Player

Postby stigskol » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:36 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:26 am You have a very solid team, I wouldn't make a move unless it really made sense. Mayvbe Jones and a bench WR for one of the WR studs out there? I would prefer to move Mixon, his value isn't great right now.
This ^^^
TEAM 1 - 12 Person PPR.
20 player roster. 15 Keepers. 5 go back in for a rookie draft.
1 PPR.

QB: Burrow, Tua
RB: ETN, Swift, Dobbins, Mattison, Ty Chandler
WR: Metcalf, Sutton, DJ Moore, Higgins, waddle, Dotson, Campbell, Meyers, Collins, Osborn
TE: Hockenson, Conklin
D: niners
K: Joseph