Least value?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
NFL123
Captain
Captain

Least value?

Postby NFL123 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:53 pm

Logan Thomas is available on waivers and although I have Waller and Gronk, it feels like Thomas could be ascending at a scarce position. However I'm struggling to see who I can drop, probable candidates are LaMical Perine, Hasty, Ahmed and Duvernay. I'm leaning towards Perine or Hasty but both could have roles next season.

Also, would you rate Lynn Bowden ahead of Perine or Hasty? Bowden seemed to do pretty well with his opportunity on Sunday and seems like opportunity is there for more targets.
12 team/.5 PPR league/ 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, D, K

Team 1
QB: Jackson Richardson, Kyler
RB: McCaffrey, B Hall, Mostert, FordKendre Miller, E Mitchell, McLaughlin
WR: Lamb, K Allen, G WilsonLondon, Flowers, JSN, Mims, Perry
TE: Kelce, Goedert, Likely
K: Aubrey
D: 49ers Cowboys, Browns

Team 2
QB: Lawrence, Wilson, Fields
RB: Javonte Williams, Ekeler, McCaffrey, Pacheco Charbonnet, Bigsby
WR: Chase, London, Jeudy Woods, Sutton, Beckham, Skyy Moore, W Robinson
TE: Pitts Likely, Kmet, Dulcich
K: McPherson
D: 49ers

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Least value?

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:55 pm

Looks like Thomas is already in your signature, did you already pick him up? If you do not want to drop any young assets that might hit, with Waller, I would drop Gronk long term. Pope is also a drop for me.

NFL123
Captain
Captain

Postby NFL123 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:15 pm

Thanks for the reply, my team 1 in sig was out of date so I have updated it. A couple of weeks ago I traded for Gronk and Fournette, ended up dropping Thomas and since then he has performed really well, so there's probably an added incentive for me to pick him back up again!

Also got Ballage on my roster now instead of Pope.

Team 1

Team 2

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:17 pm

NFL123 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:15 pm Thanks for the reply, my team 1 in sig was out of date so I have updated it. A couple of weeks ago I traded for Gronk and Fournette, ended up dropping Thomas and since then he has performed really well, so there's probably an added incentive for me to pick him back up again!

Got it. Ballage is droppable long term in my opinion also. He may fill in at times like this year, but he will never be the guy.

NFL123
Captain
Captain

Postby NFL123 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:26 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:17 pm
NFL123 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:15 pm Thanks for the reply, my team 1 in sig was out of date so I have updated it. A couple of weeks ago I traded for Gronk and Fournette, ended up dropping Thomas and since then he has performed really well, so there's probably an added incentive for me to pick him back up again!

Got it. Ballage is droppable long term in my opinion also. He may fill in at times like this year, but he will never be the guy.
Thanks, so drop Ballage for Logan Thomas and keep the rookie core of Bowden, Hasty, Perine and Duvernay? Its times like these where the trade deadline passing is a nightmare when trying to make a few changes to the roster! Ty Johnson is also available, think he has any chance long term to contribute? I have a 1st round play off bye, but with either Lindsay or Fournette as my RB3 behind McCaffrey (or M Davis) and Gallman, should I look at him to give me another potential option?

Team 1

Team 2

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:29 pm

NFL123 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:26 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:17 pm

Thanks, so drop Ballage for Logan Thomas and keep the rookie core of Bowden, Hasty, Perine and Duvernay? Its times like these where the trade deadline passing is a nightmare when trying to make a few changes to the roster! Ty Johnson is also available, think he has any chance long term to contribute? I have a 1st round play off bye, but with either Lindsay or Fournette as my RB3 behind McCaffrey (or M Davis) and Gallman, should I look at him to give me another potential option?
Yes, I think Ballage is droppable for Thomas if he is your top priority. I don't think Johnson has a ton of long term upside, but the rest of this year he might contribute well. He could be a better option then your current RB3's but he is certainly a gamble. Long winded, but I would feel comfortable dropping Ballge for either player.